+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Interesting reaction to my breakup

Interesting reaction to my breakup

To make a long story short I was with my gf for over a year and we broke up 3 times in the last 3 months. She pretty much broke up with me everytime.. The 1st 2 times I couldnt get through half a day without breaking down, I felt heartbroken and depressed. After our recent breakup last week it really doesnt bother me at all. I do think about it sometimes but that horrid feeling is not there anymore. Why is this? After getting back together for a month and then breaking up again help me get over it? Im confused...

maybe it's a gift from the "enough is enough" hormone!

Consider yourself lucky (many aren't) and find a girl who is far less interested in games.

Carl.

Yes indeed, count your blessings. So many wish they could feel what you're feeling after a breakup. If I had to guess It's just your minds way of saying "after the first 2 times, I expected this"
    there are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Sometimes when you've been hurt enough times by someone you put less emotional investment in that person. I know I was married for 5 years and had rough times towards the end.... When he asked for a divorce, I agreed and didn't feel much of anything. Maybe just a little sad, but I wasn't broken up about it.. I pretty much expected it.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen