+ Follow This Topic

Thread: More then a friend? Make a move? You tell me

More then a friend? Make a move? You tell me

I have a girl thats been a good friend of mine for 2 years. She helped me getting through a recent breakup and has always been there for me. I've been attracted to her lately and i'm getting a vibe that shes attracted to me too. We have been hanging out alot lately and sometimes it gets wierd because theres moments where I feel we are both scared to make the move and kiss because we both don't know what eachothers reaction would be. What should i do? I know i'm the guy and have to make the first move but how can i be sure? Is it smart to risk our friendship?

For Christ's sake go for it, Jason ... it's your job!!!

Carl.

make that move right now baby.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPEf45410Ek"]YouTube - SOULTRAINFANS: Shalamar "MAKE THAT MOVE" 1981[/ame]
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I would suggest just trying it. Just kiss her spontaneously, don't give her time to think. If you guys are that great of friends and she does not have feelings for you, the kiss should not ruin your friendship.
    I ought to know better than to do what I do, but I ain't no quitter.

how about NOT using the 'kiss' test? is there any alternative to it, like for instance an 'official' date or confessing?

Quote Originally Posted by genesys4 View Post
    how about NOT using the 'kiss' test? is there any alternative to it, like for instance an 'official' date or confessing?
    You could do that... but nothing brings out those deeper feelings like a kiss. It's easy to not realize you like someone, even if they confess their feelings to you. However, actually kissing invokes these emotions (assuming they are there to begin with) in a way that is undeniable to the person.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    You could do that... but nothing brings out those deeper feelings like a kiss. It's easy to not realize you like someone, even if they confess their feelings to you. However, actually kissing invokes these emotions (assuming they are there to begin with) in a way that is undeniable to the person.
    Or as I said ... For Christ's sake go for it, Jason ... it's your job!!!

hahaha

Carl.

Well we have been talking and hanging out everyday since I wrote that post. I still havent made the move, the date thing wouldnt work because i have went out to eat with her plenty of times before so she wouldnt look at it as a date. Since I broke up wit my ex 2 weeks ago i have been hangin out and talking to her alot. She is also freinds with my ex so thats what makes me hesistant to make the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason114 View Post
    Well we have been talking and hanging out everyday since I wrote that post. I still havent made the move, the date thing wouldnt work because i have went out to eat with her plenty of times before so she wouldnt look at it as a date. Since I broke up wit my ex 2 weeks ago i have been hangin out and talking to her alot. She is also freinds with my ex so thats what makes me hesistant to make the move.
    You have only been broken up for 2 weeks, so feel free to take your time, Jason. If you make your move now, she will feel like a rebound. Take a little time (with her help ) to get your head on straight.

As to risking your friendship ... the extra time will tell you if you really want her as "just a friend." If not, simple friendship is not an option.

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 17-12-08 at 11:21 AM.

thats a tough decision mate, although i truley believe that if you dont make a decision soon you might just leave it too late.. i do think that the kiss may be a little risky because it may be a bit decieving in her mind, because most of us males have intervened with the confusion of not knowing the difference between a friend and a girlfriend.. so yeah i honestly reckon go for it, tell her how you feel.. its the only way..

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ask her out, Jason. As *friends* of course. Do FRIENDLY things. Do this twice. On the third date, step it up and make it more of a romantic outing & tell her you like her more than friends. Go for that first kiss.

And have fun, okay?