+ Follow This Topic

Thread: did I do the right thing?

did I do the right thing?

Last week I broke up with my boyfriend of one year. We had been having a lot of problems for the past couple of months. He had a heavy workload from college and other stuff, and he promised as soon as we got home again that things would be better. We were home for a week, during which i saw him twice. The first time it was only for a couple of hours, and all we did was ride the subway just to turn around and go home because we were having issues with each other. The second he invited me to go with him to our alma mater high school's play because he knew a lot of the kids who were in it. I went with him but I hardly got to talk to him because he slept the entire way there, and once we were there he was busy greeting people and catching up. He kind of left me standing around instead of introducing me to his friends. After the play, I said I was hungry and asked him if he wanted to get something to eat. He said no, and that he was tired, so I went home. He stayed out until 2 in the morning and never called even though he said he would.
    I know I am high maintainance and demand a lot of attention and flattery, and that's difficult for any guy. I have waited for so long to come home where there will be no stressors in his life, and things hadn't changed a bit. I broke up with him the day after the play. I still love him, though. Should I have waited? I don't know if i did the right thing.

Sorry this posting is so long. Please let me know what you guys think!

You should try to change yourself.
    For example go to your lovely place with somebody to feel pleasure. If you'll be happy with or without him he'll want to be with you.
    I think your boyfriend wants to find some new entertainment. Help him.

Do you like any sport? A travelling? A walking? What is your favorite activity?
    Last edited by Nitrogen addict; 29-05-04 at 12:24 AM.

I disagree with the above. Never change yourself for someone. If they don't like you for who you are, then its their problem.

I think you made a good choice. I would've done the same thing. You deserve happiness and theres millions of other guys out there.

never change yourself for someone else, thats just ridiculous
    im the shit like mr.hanky

THROWING ROOTBEARS IN YO FRIDGE BEHATCH

NEVER EVER CHANGE WHO YOU ARE! NEVER!!! NEVER NEVER NEVER! for absalutely no one! What would you wait for? For things to get worse? IF you got out now and you understand NOW that he will never be able to fulfill the needs and wants you want in a relationship than its not going to work. But certainly dont change yourself to make it work-so what that youre high maintenance girl-THATS YOU!

Like Fawn said theres a million other people out there!!!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

changing urself could be right or wrong... if u feel happy if u change urself for him n u will be comfortable with it.....then go change urself for him to make things workout. n if u r not comfortable with changing urself n u just wanna please him but against ur will......then dont do it......it will just create p[roblems in the long run coz u will just be unhappy with urself now....

i used to be a very stubborn woman n very hard headed...a tough woman.....but when it comes to my love,,, i am making myself flexible on what he wants depending on the situation. I am trying to love what he loves to do,,,,,,wanting what he wants,,,,,,,but i feel myself happy in doing those things.....so it depends on u if u will be happy for those changes....

if u really love the guy,,,then call him n talk to him...not all the time the boys r the ones to start to make up...sometimes girls do.....there's nothing wrong with calling him...n try to sort things out n have a serious talk....

peace...im just an open minded person
    i love u lots sam....my sweet baby

Interesting discussion! Never, never, NEVER EVER, it could be right or wrong!
    Prosejunkie, you have a wide choice

From my experience the worse in a difficult situation is nothing to do.
    For example when you go to school you change yourself and it's good. I agree with you, Fawn, don't change yourself for someone. Do it for yourself!
    (if you need it).

And I agree you can try to find happyness with somebody another.
    (very bad I'm far from you )
    Last edited by Nitrogen addict; 31-05-04 at 03:43 AM.