+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is he interested?

is he interested?

hello.
    i go to uni and theres this this guy that i have had a crush on for almost a year.
    i first noticed him staring at me.
    then every single time i saw him he always stared. i always caught him looking at me. sometimes he had a little smirk. anyways for about a year all we did is stare =D it might sound funny but its true.
    i find him really attractive but his got a lot of friends and he is one of the popular people thats whats making me think his not interested.
    i always see him around at the city and everything he always looks at me & gets a smirk on his face. when he walks infront of me i can tell he gets nervous. all his friends look at me and smile too but there's is sleezy and different.
    now im on holidays and i saw him at the shops
    but when i turned around he was already looking at me and gave me a big nervous looking smile and yeh i smiled back.
    im just wondering do you guys think he is interested. i really seriously dont understand guys i mean if he is why wouldnt he make a move.
    im not that popular but i do look after myself i wear nice clothes a bit make up have long hair n all my friends are suprised i dont have a bf and they think we'd look good together. plz lemme know what you guys thing.im confused
    by im 20 n he looks about 20,21ish

Why should he make a move even if he is interested?

I made a move once and got screwed, so there is no point. Its just a feeling that goes over once you are past the stare level.
    Don't expect anything.

He could be a little intimidated by you for one reason or another. Make it easy for him to talk to you. Be approachable and next time, why don't you greet him with a hello and maybe get a conversation rolling.

you guys have just been staring at eachother for the past year? Wow, come on. Say something to him next time you see him to break the ice. I actually kinda find that weird that you 2 havent really said a word to eachother yet always catch eachother staring

I'm guessing this is one of those guys that is popular yet is always the guy that goes on group dates without a gf, if so then go for it? If he seems like he always has a different gf every time you see him then he might just be trying to get a quick piece of ass. If he is this last type of guy then ditch him, you do not need to be hurt.
    Like the others said, if you are nervous start off small with just a hello. When you walk past him look up with that little innocent look and say hello. If he is truly nervous then he will probably stumble over his words maybe even squeak a bit.
    I'm a naturally shy person and if a girl I was interested did something like that I would totally be all jumbled up inside not knowing what to do. It sounds childish but it is true. O ya forgot to mention I'm 20 so I fit in with your situation.
    Some guys just need the little extra push to have them initiate anything at all. From what you have told us he seems interested in you.
    Does he pull the old look at the clock trick when you catch him staring? I remember doing that. Feel free to PM me as the guy you are describing sounds very similar to me and my personality. (shy, pulling the old stare thing yet dont make a move)

thnx =D

thank you guys so much.
    ecspecialy swargolet.. thanks a lot..
    really usefull

I think what he is doing could either be a good thing or a bad thing. If he is in the popular crowd as you say, it is not very likely that he is shy about talking to people.

I guess I would need to know more about you. He could be playing some game which in some ways is confirmed by what the friends do or they heard something about you. I hate to think that someone could be this evil for that long but I guess it could happen.

However, I think that is very unlikly. I think you need to give him to signal to approach you. A simple come here signal with your finger might be enough to get him to come over and speak to you.

But be careful as some of what you said could mean that his intentions are exactly honorable. You said you do not have a BF which to me is puzzling for someone who is 20. At that age guys are always aproaching girls and so you should have had many opportunities to form a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    I made a move once and got screwed, so there is no point.
    Dude, seriously? Grow a pair and a spine please. Do you think you're the first man in history to "get screwed" by asking someone out? Do you think a woman is going to respect you by expecting that she's going to screw you over if you ask her out?
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

I made a move once and got screwed, so there is no point.
    Lite was a little harsh... but that doesn't mean he's wrong.

Love like you've never been hurt before

To the OP, looks like you'll have to make the first move.
    Some people walk in the rain so you can't see them cry

I agree with Lite. Where are the male or fatherly figures to help boost the confidence of these young, pusillanimous men of today? These young men 18-22 seriously do not understand the art of flirting, courting, or dating. It's almost annoying to hear that these young men are behaving at the stages of young teens instead of young adults. There is no way in this whole wide world that every female he asks out will or should say yes. And even if she does, he should not expect her to continue to date him. He should expect her to end for any or not reasons and the same for him. It's a little frightening and disconcerting to read how many men (especially the 18-22 years) talk about dating. Dating is a game. I don't care what anybody says. Wait until you get into a serious relationship before getting pessimistic.

Maybe that game, PUA, whatever can help a few.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

To the OP, if he doesn't feel you are worth the risk of possibly hurting his ego by approaching you then it won't be a long term, drama free, or meaningful relationship.

Find a man that is excited and willing to hurt his ego for a chance to maybe know you more and possibly date.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

wow

i really dont know what do to now lol
    and yeh that guy is in a popular group but he seems to be mature i havnt seen him do anything wrong
    maybe i should start talking to him
    and no i dont have a bf and never had one
    i was seeing someone b4 but it was his idea and found out he was talking to some other girl that was sort of my friend he really hurt me coz he was the first person i was getting to know
    and no i havnt ever made the first move
    or asked anyone out its pretty scary
    i dont wanna make a fool of myself so i need to be sure!!
    thank you guys anyways

Why should he make a move even if he is interested?

I made a move once and got screwed, so there is no point. Its just a feeling that goes over once you are past the stare level.
    why so bitter
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things