+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do women like to gossip so much?

Why do women like to gossip so much?

I'm v much disturbed by my ex-female boss who is such a gossipy person. Both of us are still working in the same office. It was really the last straw for me when I found out that she bad-mouthed me in front of other colleagues during the time when she was my supervisor. I had a confrontation with her and her boss, and I requested to change supervisor.

Although now that we are just co-colleagues, I still can't stand this sickening woman. Since the first day I joined, she has practically "covered" all the staff i.e gossiped about almost everyone in the office. What's the problem with her?

I can only reason that women loves to gossip. But then I am a woman myself but I HATE gossip esp in the office. I wish this sickening woman will get out of my way. already in her 50s still behaving like some silly gossipy girl.

Anway, just airing my annoyance.. ha. Anyone has any take on this?

I am a young male and I despise gossip. Ok, **** it, go ahead and gossip if you want, but please don't interfer in my doings, ok? I know this one particular person who has to have a piece of cake everywhere, absolutely anywhere, just can't shut the **** up. Today i was at the point of slamming her head against table several times.
    Don't expect anything.

Gossip is a form of attack. It's a form of agression brought by the ones doing it. Usually people who gossip have low self-esteem and can not keep their feelings to themselves so they attack whomever they can.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

I dislike gossip. This is the very reason I have an extreme few true female friends(I only have like 2 real female friends, 3 at the most)

Too much women spend their time talking down other women, hating on them cuz they aint got what they got, or just dont have shit to do with themselves. Even being ultra judgemental.

I went to the movies weekend just gone and this girl had on the same shirt as me, but a different color. She stared at me the entire time I was in the same area as her, and she tried to show her friends me by using her elbow and pretending to scratch her hair. I laughed cuz i thought it was stupid. We're both wearing a 5 dollar shirt, get over it(rotfl)

Anyway, yea I hate gossip. So I dont associate myself with females other than my two best friends. But they are away to college so I dont have any female friends to hang around.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Anyone who thinks gossip is a "woman's issue" has clearly never been married.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

i like to gossip cause i want to know what's happening. be in the know about all the juicy stuff.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Anyone who thinks gossip is a "woman's issue" has clearly never been married.
    Let's talk about offices though, who gossips more, men or women?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    Let's talk about offices though, who gossips more, men or women?
    In my experience, they are equally likely to gossip.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'm flattered when I find out people gossip about me. I just means I'm an interesting topic of conversation.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

mikey spends one night a week with his friends and when he gets back i get all the gossip on everybody.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I'm not trying to say only women gossip, but I more frequently hear women than men, especially at my own age. Of course guys gossip, but I feel women do it more than men and in a more hateful and jealous way than men.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    In my experience, they are equally likely to gossip.
    I think the difference is that men gossip about women and women gossip about women. So it is more like a womens issue.
    Don't expect anything.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i hate it when women can't shut up... particularly my exs.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Guys gossip too. We just call it "locker room talk."

I do not recall anyone saying that men do not gossip. Jeeze.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast