+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Only Flirt Within Your League?

Do You Only Flirt Within Your League?

Do you only flirt with people who you think are obtainable or do you step outside of your comfort zone? I think results can be surprising when you attemp the latter.
    [URL=/flirtingformula/"]How To Attract The Women You've Always Wanted By Pissing Off The Mods At LoveForum![/URL]

I agree. As long as you have a thick skin and can deal with rejection as a matter of course and not an ego blow, the results CAN be surprising.

I have known several drop-dead gorgeous but serious women who have told me that they have had little luck finding suitable relationships for several reasons: 1) Only cocky and conceited men find them approachable; 2) Men often consider them as no more than life support systems for a vagina; or 3) Ordinary men place them on a pedestal instead of dealing with them as equals.

I have a brief story on this topic ... in our senior year in college, I had a conversation with a girl who was widely considered to be the most attractive woman at our school. We didn't talk about romance as she was leaving after finals to take a job in another state (special needs teacher), but we spent the entire afternoon together sitting on a lawn, just talking and laughing, and she obviously enjoyed our conversation. I'd like to think that under different circumstances, I might have had a shot ... who knows

So ... if you want to try to move into the majors ... find a girl who is not full of herself, take a minimalist approach to flirting and avoid coming across as 1), 2) or 3).

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 17-12-08 at 07:55 AM.

Shes always in my leauge. I might be out of hers though.
    shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyArtillery View Post
    I assume that would put you in category 1) then.

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    I assume that would put you in category 1) then.
    Pretty much.
    shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyArtillery View Post
    This may sound cocky, but in order to be truly successful as a man in the dating world, you MUST have this attitude.
    there are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

what the hell is my league?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    what the hell is my league?
    I don't know. I think it must be a male thing.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

What is this? Baseball? LOL

There's nobody "out of my league". If I were the type to step to guys though, I wouldnt step to the ones who think they all that and they feel they got all the ladies wrapped around their finger. Cockiness is a huge turn off for me.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't know. I think it must be a male thing.
    I've heard it used by men and women alike used to mostly decribe a disparity in looks/sexiness.

Usually, when men say it, they usually say "Forget it, she's out of your league, dude." (meaning unapproachable)

When women say it, they usually say "go out with him? I'm so out of his league." (meaning inferior to the kind of men she's willing to date)

Then again, I saw a survey once where most men who think they are 7s are really 8s (based on a bell curve distribution), and most women who think they are 10s are really .... 8s!!

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 19-12-08 at 09:47 AM.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I flirt with most any woman I can. I've never considered anyone out of my league. If I bumped into Jessica Alba at the grocery store you can bet I'd have something to say about that ass of hers.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I flirt with most any woman I can. I've never considered anyone out of my league. If I bumped into Jessica Alba at the grocery store you can bet I'd have something to say about that ass of hers.
    Jessica told me about you, Gribble ... she was bending over some cantalopes and asked you "what do you think of these melons?" and you passed out cold on the floor!!

Carl.

This reminds me of this girl I knew a few years back (my boyfriends best friend).

She flirted with this guy at a noodle bar and asked if he wanted a cigarette. They went outside for a smoke.
    The guy she was flirting with was Keanu Reeves.

My first 2 thoughts were:

1. I always thought he was gay?

2. You are out of his league

Just goes to show what I know.....they were "dating" when he was in town doing the Matrix.

The moral of this story..have a high opinion of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Dasein View Post
    This reminds me of this girl I knew a few years back (my boyfriends best friend).

She flirted with this guy at a noodle bar and asked if he wanted a cigarette. They went outside for a smoke.
    The guy she was flirting with was Keanu Reeves.

My first 2 thoughts were:

1. I always thought he was gay?

2. You are out of his league

Just goes to show what I know.....they were "dating" when he was in town doing the Matrix.

Just goes to show how silly it is to limit yourself or others to some sort of stupid caste system.

Sure, it may have been a movie project fling ... but then again, how many women can say they've had sex with Keanu Reeves?

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 19-12-08 at 11:19 AM.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasein View Post

Was he even famous before the Matrix? I mean, I know he was in Bill & Ted, but I'm pretty sure everyone forgot about him three months after the film debuted.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast