+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Right decision or am i running away?

Right decision or am i running away?

After a unbelievably painful childhood, and a even more painful break up with someone who was my rock, but also cheated, i've made the decision to get him out my life.

I left him on the 8th October. He was with another girl before we broke up basically, but i continued to sleep with him behind her back, 'cos i loved him and needed him around. But now he's moved in with her, and every now and again bothers me when she isn't around. But once he notices i ain't giving him sex, cos im not a toy, he doesn't bother me again for a while. I know that he still likes me, and once he's done with this new girl, who he idiotically moved in with after 2 months of knowing eachother, he'll run back to me. And i'm not putting up with that off him. So i've decided to stop speaking to him, change my number etc. But if he speaks to me, i'll speak back. But not in a loving way, in a casual way if you get me. If i don't he'll know i still love him and need to get away. I want to get over him not run away from it all. But he can't have my new number. Is this the right decision, or am i already running away?

Women like you give all women bad reputation.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Because im trying to pick up the pieces of a broken heart and walk away from a player?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ??

I don't understand her response, either.

Yes, Lost-girl. You should cut him out of your life, only I wouldn't bother talking to him at all for any reason. It won't do you any good, and can only cause you trouble in the end to be pining away after a cheating man.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Well, technically you were dating him first and she didn't respect that so I don't see where one could really throw rocks at you about continuing to sleep with him.

However, you need to be your own rock in your life. Especially with an abusive childhood. Leaning on others will repeatedly develop codependent relationships for you, and that's a really not good thing.

Stand up for yourself, you've done the right thing, and maybe look into support groups/therapy to help you cope and become your own rock in your own life.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Look, a "rock" doesn't cheat on you and move in with someone else, and I agree with Indignant that you're not acting right. Show some spine, girl, and some self-respect as well. Quit chasing this guy and taking table scraps- that sucks. You deserve someone that wants you- everybody does.
    Spammer Spanker

Lite, i slept with him BEFORE he told me he'd moved on aswell. I wouldn't mess with another girls man! To hell with being the bit on the side!

Gigabitch, i understand that. But before that, i told him about my child hood. It took three years and he was the first i told about it. We planned an engagement, and a child. He seemed the 'perfect' type. Turns out he's a cheating rat ey! And thank you

Thanks for the replies everybody. I'm moving on with my life now! I've got my best friend back, who i lost through that idiot. Don't need anything else! Thanks xxx

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Lost, your ex sucks, so I wouldn't bother wasting ANY more effort on him. Being around him is making you do things are that small & beneath you.

Change your SN to "Found-Woman". And your mindset while you're at it. You'll do fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost-Girl View Post
    Lite, i slept with him BEFORE he told me he'd moved on aswell. I wouldn't mess with another girls man! To hell with being the bit on the side!
    I apologize, I misunderstood.

Good on you for finding your spine and kicking that guy to the curb.

Half of the reason men behave in the manner they do, is because there really are women who will put up with such bullshit behavior from them. The other half being that a good number of us really are just idiots.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by Lost-Girl View Post

He was with another girl before we broke up basically, but i continued to sleep with him behind her back, 'cos i loved him and needed him around. But now he's moved in with her, and every now and again bothers me when she isn't around. But once he notices i ain't giving him sex, cos im not a toy, he doesn't bother me again for a while. I
    "Lite, i slept with him BEFORE he told me he'd moved on aswell. I wouldn't mess with another girls man! To hell with being the bit on the side!"

I am the only one to notice any contradictions here?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Yeah i was sleeping with him behind her back before i knew of her bloody excistance!!!

you can't run away from him! marry him! have ten of his babies!!!!!!!!

you deserve it.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Pardon? How about you get out my topic. Idiot.

no. but thanks for the offer.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    you can't run away from him! marry him! have ten of his babies!!!!!!!!

you deserve it.
    You know, Lost ... for all her annoying sarcasm here, misombra does have a point. You ARE letting yourself be abused by taking him back all the time.

Carl.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast