+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Marriage Proposal...is this a good way?? LADIES ONLY..

Marriage Proposal...is this a good way?? LADIES ONLY..

Ok so i'm about to ask my gf to marry me. i'm a welder and my gf is a nurse, well actually she just finished school. we obviously talked about getting married before and she was all for it. she's always wanted to go to europe to see the views, bcause i've been thier and the sights are gorgeous. and she loves to travel...anyways. i was thinking about taking her over the summer and taking her around europe, then i would ask her to marry me in italy after a romantic dinner at a real fine restaurant, then going for a walk, and i'd probbaly do the old fashioned tie my shoe thing. and ask her to marry me.... she's always talked about getting a real real real nice wedding dress, so i figured why not get it in italy. obviously i wouldnt go and get one with her, i'd just give her my credit card and let her go nuts..but i dont now if she'd want to go with her friends or not. so i'm kinda stuck in that position. little help please!!! is this a good proposol or not???

Hmmm. Wonderful proposal. The wedding dress, not so much. First of all, she's going to do that insane girl thing where she must get input from absolutely everyone before getting what she really wanted anyway. This could take six months.

Plus, I think she should cough up the dough for her own wedding dress.
    Spammer Spanker

Yep, I think she should buy her own wedding dress. There's plenty other things you should worry about financially. Buying a wedding dress is gonna most likely be a memory she'd like to share with a sister, her mother, a close friend, or whomever. But the proposal sounds great to me.

You havent even proposed and you're worried about the wedding dress? Calm down and take it slow. Hope all goes well.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Not a lady, I know... But why don't you just put a lot of effort into making the moment you ask the question special, and let the rest of it fall into place as it should?

Is asking after dinner the best you could come up with? (And no, I don't mean to be derogatory...)

Me? I found a hotel, on a pier, in the middle of a river. She thought we were going to one location, but I took her to a different city (same general direction at first) outright.

Surprise is a good key element here. Ask her early in the trip, so that she can remember being engaged for the whole trip, not when it's ending. When you go walking, find a place that the two of you find special, return to it later with her, and ask her there.

Or, you could ask her before you even get on the plane...
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The proposal in Italy sounds wonderful & is enough.

BTW, I hope you are reasonably confident her answer will be 'yes', else you will end up having a miserable rest of your trip.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think Italy would be a lovely place to propose. I agree with indi though - be pretty sure she will accept before you go.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

How beautiful Take her on her own, romantic! Good luck xx

Your marriage proposal is perfect. Great memories for you two.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

congratulations that is so exciting!!! yes i think that sounds like a really wonderful proposal and she would be nuts not to love that! i would not personaly worry about the dress right then but jus let her soak up the happiness of the proposal and maybe do shopping things way later. good luck!