+ Follow This Topic

Thread: HELP. My head and my heart are having a huge argument.

HELP. My head and my heart are having a huge argument.

Right Where to start?.
    Well basically, about 2 months ago i went to a shindig at a mate's house, i got talking to this guy, one thing led to another and we kissed for quite a long time.
    He was my first kiss and it suprised me quite a lot that i gave that privalege to somebody i hadn't met before.
    Anyway, we both swapped numbers and went our seperate ways. Later that week after days thinking about what happened i got a text from him asking for my MSN Email. i gave it to him and we got talking on MSN. When i told my friends at college they all warned me against doing anything with him because he has a rather bad reputation for being a bit of a man whore. Basically he sleeps around and cheats a lot.
    Whenever i speak to him he asks me to go meet him but im very reluctant because of what i've heard from my friends, but at the same time i feel very guilty for not giving him the same chance i would do to somebody else.
    So my head says leave it alone and forget about him, he's bad news, but my heart says go for it and just try it out, after all it might be vicious gossip and i might be throwing something potentially special away.
    Please help.
    Elly

I don't know you but please, please, please do NOT listen to your heart. It's only to maintain circulation and to keep you alive. Let it do that function. Allow your brain to do all the mental work. In this case, the brain is very correct.

You are going to have blood leaking and pooling all on the floor if you listen to your heart.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by eleanoraus View Post
    Right Where to start?.
    Well basically, about 2 months ago i went to a shindig at a mate's house, i got talking to this guy, one thing led to another and we kissed for quite a long time.
    He was my first kiss and it suprised me quite a lot that i gave that privalege to somebody i hadn't met before.
    Anyway, we both swapped numbers and went our seperate ways. Later that week after days thinking about what happened i got a text from him asking for my MSN Email. i gave it to him and we got talking on MSN. When i told my friends at college they all warned me against doing anything with him because he has a rather bad reputation for being a bit of a man whore. Basically he sleeps around and cheats a lot.
    Whenever i speak to him he asks me to go meet him but im very reluctant because of what i've heard from my friends, but at the same time i feel very guilty for not giving him the same chance i would do to somebody else.
    So my head says leave it alone and forget about him, he's bad news, but my heart says go for it and just try it out, after all it might be vicious gossip and i might be throwing something potentially special away.
    Please help.
    Elly
    I used to be this way to... give people a chance in spite of what others may say about them. However, the majority of the time I found the rumors were right about their bad character. Try to view him in a more objective way. If he is supposively a 'manwhore' then what traits would you expect such a person to have? How would you expect him to approach you?
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Consider yourself lucky that his reputation is well known among your friends ... if it were just one friend, who knows what her motivation might be ... but if several friends say so, chances are that he did something really s**tty to earn it along the way.

Head = 1
    Heart = 0

Believe me, you don't need to experience it first hand!

Carl.