+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A reflection, meeting with the ex

A reflection, meeting with the ex

Note: I posted this in one other place, so if you happened to see this disregard it. Just wanted to see if there were other comments.

We've always had a good connection with each other, and I was in the area. So what the hell, it would be cool to hang out a couple times as long as I'm out here.

It has been a year and we've changed a lot. I guess I expected we'd still have a good connection, but past that I didn't know what to expect.

It was true; we had both changed quite a bit... we have higher self-esteem, our priorities in life have changed, we've become more social and have branched out. It has led to real thoughts and aspirations of what to do in life. I thought that maybe the last year may have made the connection change drastically, but despite our evolution, the connection was even stronger than before.

I thought that maybe meeting up with her again would break the pedestal in a way, but afterwards I realize that it isn't a fake pedestal. Instead of making it disappear, the legs of the stool were replaced into something much harder to destroy.

I feel that the reasons for our breaking up are no longer applicable. Those reasons were parts of the her and me that was 1-2 years ago and have since then matured and gone away.

I don't really know what to think. We've both seen other people since, and it didn't bother the other when we talked about these people. The whole 'out of sight, out of mind' tactic failed quite miserably. I get the feeling that neither of us are quite over it, but we're really not in the position for anything to happen, and we don't know if we'd want it anyway.

In any case, I got to see the best connection of my life and it made me really happy. Like so many things in life, it is bittersweet. This may be the most poignantly bittersweet of them all. I sort of get this feeling like there's going to be this glass window separating us, our hands pressed against one another on opposite sides of the glass. I also feel that even if we don't have contact with each other, there will be this reflection of the other in our minds that would keep that metaphor going.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    OMG, Prod!

I don't go to that "other" place. So I'm not quite sure of the details anymore.

This is well beyond the LDR/internet gal, I assume? This is your college GF you were seeing? More details.

PS - how are you?

/indigo

Indi - Did you get my private messages?
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Will check. Sorry for the delay.

*kiss*

Some of the best opportunities for love in your life are the times when you're denied the person you believe at the time the ones who would make you eternally the happiest.

If we all had our prayers answered for people to never leave us, then how would we find someone who is a better match, even though at the time we cannot imagine it?
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

I have no advice. I just wanted to say that I can understand that reflection. It is indeed bittersweet. I am different too. I have change a lot. Probably more than he has. I enjoy the new me so much and I believe I would not be the person I am today if I had stayed. He is better and I am better.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe