+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to get someone out of your heart

It's hard to move one. Hard to forget specially the one that you cherish the most. But sometimes things happened and all we need to do is to accept the truth. Before I got engaged, I've been with a guy for more than 3 years. Just like your story we loved each other very much, then suddenly he changed, and I found out that he cheated on me. I broke up with him. And it's so painful, I feel that my chest gonna burst. But, I moved on.. what I done is, I STARTED TO GO OUT, MEET NEW PERSON, ... show her that you don't need her. It gonna take a while, but you gonna help yourself to do it, because we can't help you. All we can do here is to tell you some of our point of views. Nothing more. Your the first person that need to help yourself to overcome this. LOOK AT THE BRIGHT SIDE... Maybe there's some reason why this happened. Actually, you didn't lose her, because if you own her you not gonna lose her to begin with. So STOP IT!!! There's no good thinking about her gonna do with you.

Ms. Cruise
    Last edited by Ms.Cruise; 28-12-08 at 09:27 AM. Reason: changing my name
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

Like Ms. Cruise said look at what there is to come in your life. One of the worst things you can do is look at the what ifs. Look at the "What wills" What will happen in the future? Down the road you WILL go through 1, 2, 3, 8, 15 relationships. Some might be small others might be big but they will all be building blocks up to that final someone who is perfect for you, and you will find them.

Only you can help yourself. Like the others said, distract urself from thinking about her. This is the only way that u can heal and be better again. You're not alone here, billions of people out there are going through the same thing, myself including, u just need to help urself feel better.

Good luck and Do not give up!

Hey Dark Angel,

I feel for you, I honestly do. I'm going through the same. I know I have to move on, forget about what's been but it's so darn hard. It still somehow feels like something that I shouldn't do....a real battle between rational and emotional inside me.

My relationship was not as long as yours, but was powerfull. And to make things worse, we didn't break up because either of us lost intesrest (check my profile and see it for yourself if you want to).

But yes, I cannot agree more with all written above. I'm still having a hard time accepting it but it has to be the only way. I must admit, I still haven't gathered strength to perform these steps but will try. Only comfort I find at the moment is that in time everything will get better. It has to!

I'm going to try new things, different things, things I like to keep myself occupied for some time. Sports, spend as much time as I can with friends, hobbies that demand your attention. Try not to be alone. I live alone and its painfull. With not enough distraction I quickly find myself thinking of her...of us and start makeing those well known "what if..." scenarios.

NO GOOD! We deserve better...and it's out there. We just have to be patient. To all broken hearted out there:

Happy 2009 - heads up, gather strength, there will be changes! Enjoy your lives!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12