+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What is everyones personal definition of Love?

There's the "In Love" bit which is where the person you're in love with is absolutely perfect in every way without a glitch about them. Those freckles they have a cute, her nose is just right, her body is perfect in every way and this person is absolutely f*cking sexy beyond belief. That's being in love.

Then there's actual love. This, I believe, is where you accept the person for who they are with the imperfections included. Maybe they're not so perfect after all. You notice that maybe they get angry at certain things or they have annoying habits but you accept it. You might lose attraction or maybe not but you still stay with them and can't imagine being with anyone else. You connect in way that you've never done with anyone before. That's real love.

Take for example my girlfriend and I. On our first 3.5 months together she was absolutely perfect in every way because I was in love with her. Now I realise she has glitches like we all do but I accept that because I love her and that's who she is just like she accepts my glitches because that's who I am. I still think she's gorgeous though and I still get butterflies every time I see her or hear her voice.

That's my philosophy. Thank you, I'll be here all week.
    We're not all that bad you know

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    As for the rest of your post.. when you reach nano-subatomic particles you seriously created a huge form of laughter for me.
    That's what I was going for

hmmm

personally, i think its pathetic that all you people out there downgrade the value of love. everything is a chemical reaction...everything including muscle movement and thought. what you all fail to understand is there is a behavioral level to it as well. why make life boring and stick with the idea that its all a chemical formula...so what if its a chemical formula? it creates feelings that we consider to be amazing and i think everyone should value love. its a strong universal thing...that every country believes in. everyone is entitled to their own idea of it and perspective...but when u actually find that person you love im thinking a lot of you pessimistic people that stick by the chemical idea will change their mind completely.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's not boring. It's absolutely fascinating to consider the origins and the rationale behind seemingly irrational emotions.

And love is FAAAR from universal. Not every country believes in love the same way. The Western notion of love is a far cry from what you'll find elsewhere in the world, believe you me.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I don't know what love is, love doesn't know me.

I see through you like I see through a window, you see through me like you see through a mirror

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    It is interesting that you fight so hard on here to prove a point and defend it even though it doesn't matter. We are bored as humanity, though don't speak for all of us. Those people who spend their lives in mini malls and malls are bored...than there are some who spend their entire life searching for answers and progress humanity further making life better and more "comfortable" as you want it and mentioned it. Than there are some who make their life a goal to hold those people back. It is a stupid life, but it is the only one we got and we all should make the best of it we can and try and influence those around us to do the same.
    Thats kind of bogus that doesn't matter. Making the humanity better? Yeah I am sure you are on your payroll for the sake of humanity. Every scientist there is has done research and discovered something from their own personal interest, we usually do not do stuff against our will.

But what I want love to be? Uhm, if you so desperatly need definition for everything well, lets then say it is about caring.

Quote Originally Posted by k2 obey View Post
    personally, i think its pathetic that all you people out there downgrade the value of love. everything is a chemical reaction...everything including muscle movement and thought. what you all fail to understand is there is a behavioral level to it as well. why make life boring and stick with the idea that its all a chemical formula...so what if its a chemical formula? it creates feelings that we consider to be amazing and i think everyone should value love. its a strong universal thing...that every country believes in. everyone is entitled to their own idea of it and perspective...but when u actually find that person you love im thinking a lot of you pessimistic people that stick by the chemical idea will change their mind completely.
    You know what. Love is amazing! But I don't need to apply some bogus to it. Its amazing to have a clear feeling. it is amazing to get something of your preference. Its amazing to achieve something. Its amazing to gain something. Its amazing to give something, and actually take pride over it. It is amazing to care about something. etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    I wonder if we exist more like ants... just keeping the perpetual super-organism going that we have created via civilization/society... ?

It's a thought...

Have you seen the movie "Baraka"? Heh that visualized it very well.
    Last edited by boobaa; 07-01-09 at 09:52 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by k2 obey View Post
    pwhat you all fail to understand
    Soooo

Who are these elusive "all" that you speak of?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    TEvery scientist there is has done research and discovered something from their own personal interest
    This is true. And its entirely consistent with what I was saying, tho.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTD0cVKZsl0"]YouTube - Mana - Chaman[/ame]

el amor es todooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromat View Post
    You tell them Gribble, as I always get comments like I should
    get a girl already and settle down to make someone happy.
    I'm focused on School right now, and that is more important that a
    relationship, since those come & go, but knowledge stays forever.
    Education is important, don't get me wrong, but there is also knowledge to earn from relationships as well - and that sticks to you for the rest of your life as much as any other knowledge.

Hey Gribble, I am just curious: are you afraid of commitment? I remember a video you posted a while back about marriage, but don't remember the name... sometimes I wonder about you; seem like the kind of guy who'd settle with someone, but maybe you haven't found someone you're 100% happy with. Or maybe you're 100% happy with them, but when things get serious, you feel uncomfortable.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Hey Gribble, I am just curious: are you afraid of commitment? I remember a video you posted a while back about marriage, but don't remember the name... sometimes I wonder about you; seem like the kind of guy who'd settle with someone, but maybe you haven't found someone you're 100% happy with. Or maybe you're 100% happy with them, but when things get serious, you feel uncomfortable.
    I'm not afraid. I just don't want it. I have no desire to bring children into the world. That pretty much eliminates the main reason behind commitment right there. It's the seriousness that drives me off. I think relationships are the icing on the cake. However, they aren't the focal point of my life and they never will be. When the relationship ceases to be easy-going and pleasurable I want out. I see no point in slogging through it.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I'm not afraid. I just don't want it. I have no desire to bring children into the world. That pretty much eliminates the main reason behind commitment right there.
    Well I disagree. If you're being consistent about what you said earlier about commitment, I disagree. People don't make commitments just to have children and raise them. Hell, I'd bet there's quite a few people out there who'd like to just spend the rest of their life with one person, and not have anything to do with kids.

I mean you're explanation on love doesn't even cover homosexuality. What about homosexual love? Those people don't make commitments to have children. I mean, you kind of contradicted yourself by saying love is something concrete, chemical, that is universal... then you said it's not universal, and that there are different notions of love (which there are)

But anyway, it's seriousness you fear, not commitment. Now I think I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Education is important, don't get me wrong, but there is also knowledge to
    earn from relationships as well - and that sticks to you for the rest of your life as much as any other knowledge.
    I know that I'll learn from being in a relationship, but it's not my concern atm, so I
    don't want to think about it, and when the time is right, I'll go and pursue one.

Everyone has different approaches to how they want to handle their life and I don't
    need a woman currently, as I need to be happy with myself and what I'm doing,
    before I bring a significant other into the picture.

P.S. I will also have to think about bringing 1 or 2 kids into this world in the future,
    and want to make sure that I'm ready ahead of time when it happens.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Quote Originally Posted by Kromat View Post
    I know that I'll learn from being in a relationship, but it's not my concern atm, so I
    don't want to think about it, and when the time is right, I'll go and pursue one.

Everyone has different approaches to how they want to handle their life and I don't
    need a woman currently, as I need to be happy with myself and what I'm doing,
    before I bring a significant other into the picture.

P.S. I will also have to think about bringing 1 or 2 kids into this world in the future,
    and want to make sure that I'm ready ahead of time when it happens.
    Well in that case I am happy for you. I was just making sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I'm not afraid. I just don't want it. I have no desire to bring children into the world. That pretty much eliminates the main reason behind commitment right there.

Most of the relationships I have been in had no expectations of having children (especially the relationships with women)... and at the time I was content with that... thrilled even.

So commitment doesn't necessarily have to be a method of roping you into the 'father' role. Plenty of women out there that don't want children.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast