+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What is everyones personal definition of Love?

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    I live in the moment, for I know my life is nothing but a moment itself.
    So what you're saying is that you don't know what love is, you know what brain chemical induced lust is, and that is what you prefer to have instead.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Someone who is just as committed your your growth and development as you are. Someone who will act as a mirror and show you who you really are. Someone you trust enough to give them your 'buttons' and teach you how to deal with those issues. Someone intelligent to talk to, someone who will argue with you and make you see something differently, someone who will push you to the limits they know you can achieve, someone who will be there when noone else will be, someone who actually, truly gives a shit and is on your side no matter what (within reason). Someone who will give you the straight goods when noone else will. Someone who makes you laugh, cry and FEEL things. Someone to sit on a porch with when you are old. Someone who will miss you when you are gone. Someone you will miss when they are gone & give you memories to cherish.
    weak

Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    So what you're saying is that you don't know what love is, you know what brain chemical induced lust is, and that is what you prefer to have instead.
    If our definitions differ in terminology than fine. I can argue though that what you call lust is love and what I call love is lust to you...for it has not been determined...who is wrong?. So what you are saying is that you don't know what love is and you choose to have attachment, like a dog to a master.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 09-01-09 at 01:13 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

So what you are saying is that you don't know what love is and you choose to have attachment, like a dog to a master.
    Except that the chemical induced lust wears off over time. Which is why you prefer to hop from person to person rather than worry about whether or not the person will be there when you really actually need someone in your life.

The thing is, I know how to recreate that chemical intensity when I want to, so that isn't a problem. The dog/master analogy only works if you assume one person in the relationship wields far more power than the other. Then again a dog can retaliate if wronged as well. It's really in how you view equality.

Oh, and if you'd do your homework you'd know about how your body dumps chemicals into your body in an attempt to get you to attach to someone. That's what the butterflies in your stomach are. Happy reading.
    Last edited by Lite; 09-01-09 at 01:14 PM.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Someone who is just as committed your your growth and development as you are. Someone who will act as a mirror and show you who you really are. Someone you trust enough to give them your 'buttons' and teach you how to deal with those issues. Someone intelligent to talk to, someone who will argue with you and make you see something differently, someone who will push you to the limits they know you can achieve, someone who will be there when noone else will be, someone who actually, truly gives a shit and is on your side no matter what (within reason). Someone who will give you the straight goods when noone else will. Someone who makes you laugh, cry and FEEL things. Someone to sit on a porch with when you are old. Someone who will miss you when you are gone. Someone you will miss when they are gone & give you memories to cherish.

sounds nice, but also sounds like a fantasy. i think people go thru life meeting people who feel that way about them but they don't feel the same and vice versa. i do think it's rare to find both people feeling the same way at the same time forever. reality doesn't work that way imo
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's because you are like the typical person who believes that you FIND someone like this. That, I agree, is not how it works.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Except that the chemical induced lust wears off over time. Which is why you prefer to hop from person to person rather than worry about whether or not the person will be there when you really actually need someone in your life.

The thing is, I know how to recreate that chemical intensity when I want to, so that isn't a problem. The dog/master analogy only works if you assume one person in the relationship wields far more power than the other. Then again a dog can retaliate if wronged as well. It's really in how you view equality.

Oh, and if you'd do your homework you'd know about how your body dumps chemicals into your body in an attempt to get you to attach to someone. That's what the butterflies in your stomach are. Happy reading.

I don't care, really, I don't at all. I don't care for superficial human made emotions for one another and fake ideas. In your worlds there is no such thing as love than, nothing but many attachments and things put together. I don't care for a business arrangement with a woman. I really don't, I know how the body works as far as any scientist knows now when it comes to love, I already read on it. Specially did more when Indi recommend some other things. What you should do though is shut the **** up more or teach me how to recreate these feelings...or create them...that sounds like a good idea to me. F everything else. I believe the original point is the meaning of the word love and if you read especially old literature it is pretty obvious it is referring to the feeling you call lust and I call love. That feeling makes me happy and who are you to tell me that love should not make me happy?

oh and you are both dogs, what you call love is the master.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 09-01-09 at 01:24 PM.

That's because you are like the typical person who believes that you FIND someone like this. That, I agree, is not how it works.
    In any relationship at least one person is in a state of change and growth. What you can look for is a person who is as committed to personal growth and exploration as you are, and work to develop a way in which the two of you can grow together and closer.

But, that's the tricky part.

indi tbh i don't know what to believe. i do think that we all need people to use and we all need people to use us, whether it's with the same person forever, well i don't think it's possible, we all get sick of things after a while
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I don't care, really, I don't at all. I don't care for superficial human made emotions for one another and fake ideas. In your worlds there is no such thing as love than, nothing but many attachments and things put together. I don't care for a business arrangement with a woman. I really don't, I know how the body works as far as any scientist knows now when it comes to love, I already read on it. Specially did more when Indi recommend some other things. What you should do though is shut the **** up more or teach me how to recreate these feelings...or create them...that sounds like a good idea to me. F everything else. I believe the original point is the meaning of the word love and if you read especially old literature it is pretty obvious it is referring to the feeling you call lust and I call love. That feeling makes me happy and who are you to tell me that love should not make me happy?
    Yet animals considered far less sentient than humans show compassion, empathy, devotion, and many other traits associated with love. So, love, lasting love, is a real thing.

The trick to creating, or recreating those feelings is to constantly be pushing yourself and your partner. Finding new ways to connect, new things to explore, new ways to force your body to dump more chemicals into your brain. For some people that's simply allowing their partner to tie them down or blindfold them. Trust that they will please you instead of hurt you. Reward you instead of punish you.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    iwe all need people to use and we all need people to use us
    Well, my work here is done. Eco, thanks...that nailed that coffin shut.

Why the **** aren't you guys researching this shit instead of wasting your time arguing on here?

The trick to creating, or recreating those feelings is to constantly be pushing yourself and your partner. Finding new ways to connect, new things to explore, new ways to force your body to dump more chemicals into your brain. For some people that's simply allowing their partner to tie them down or blindfold them. Trust that they will please you instead of hurt you. Reward you instead of punish you.
    ....wtf? Not only will that not keep that feeling it won't even originally stimulate it at all. Great sex though...

Oh and I didn't mean literal like the animal dog. Just the bond to the master. Are you really that stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Why the **** aren't you guys researching this shit instead of wasting your time arguing on here?
    What is there to research? I know what I want and I know what love is. I don't need to research anything. I already did my research. Infact I am using this research to argue. Heh heh how do you like them apples?

What is there to research? I know what I want and I know what love is. I don't need to research anything. I already did my research.
    Then if you know what love is, why are you arguing the meaning of it?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast