+ Follow This Topic
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: What is everyones personal definition of Love?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    weak

You need to sort out for yourself what it means to you. Then you need to decide whether this is something that interests you in a partner. It may not. Lots of ppl are perfectly happy being single and drifting into and out of relationship. Whos to say that's wrong for them? Not me if it makes them happy.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    I don't think I said they were disorders.
    All three of these can be signs of personality disorders
    __________________________________________________ _____
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Lots of ppl are perfectly happy being single and drifting into and out of relationship. Whos to say that's wrong for them? Not me if it makes them happy.
    and to them that is love...that is all I wanted to hear. ...oh though, I thought we were trying to define love and not what a successful long term relationship is though...I separate these two like black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Because smart people don't argue about statements which have already been proven to be true.
    That only works when there is no stupid people around to disagree with what is proven to be already true.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 09-01-09 at 02:09 PM.

Right, signs of of, not are. For one who claims to be so rooted in logic and things being proven true...
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    I sometimes wonder if the concept of 'normal' is really the fantasy and we are all just different levels of damaged or defective... some more functional than others?
    that is the sort of comment i would expect to hear from a pharma rep trying to sell drugs tbh. people are different yes, some people are more emotional than others yes, a lot of people if brought up by good people are happy go lucky people. i think society has started to try to impose problems on people. like you must have a problem to be forgiven for all your thoughts and sins. some people play into that and give people what they want.

i found it funny that people always had a problem with me coz they always had woes and i didn't and i noticed that it seemed to me that it would have been really easy for me to reach in and start trying to find something that wasn't there just to make the other person feel better and i feel more accepted. i refuse to do that but i see other people doing it daily. i had a happy childhood with an overprotective bossy dad. not something to cry about and infact something to feel happy about, he was a pain in the ass but overall the best. i could decide to play into something that wasn't there just to make others feel better but there is nothing unlike what the pharma industry would like coz they use that human condition - the need to have people feel sorry for them to be more accepted. it's a bullshit campaign to sell more drugs and for people to feel better about explaining that they have a disorder and can now be treated and 'saved'. some people yes, but majority no.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    that is the sort of comment i would expect to hear from a pharma rep trying to sell drugs tbh. people are different yes, some people are more emotional than others yes, a lot of people if brought up by good people are happy go lucky people. i think society has started to try to impose problems on people. like you must have a problem to be forgiven for all your thoughts and sins. some people play into that and give people what they want.

i found it funny that people always had a problem with me coz they always had woes and i didn't and i noticed that it seemed to me that it would have been really easy for me to reach in and start trying to find something that wasn't there just to make the other person feel better and i feel more accepted. i refuse to do that but i see other people doing it daily. i had a happy childhood with an overprotective bossy dad. not something to cry about and infact something to feel happy about, he was a pain in the ass but overall the best. i could decide to play into something that wasn't there just to make others feel better but there is nothing unlike what the pharma industry would like coz they use that human condition - the need to have people feel sorry for them to be more accepted. it's a bullshit campaign to sell more drugs and for people to feel better about explaining that they have a disorder and can now be treated and 'saved'. some people yes, but majority no.

I swear... Prozac or Xanax did not hire me... honest...

This is just something that I've been wondering at as I cannot imagine the lifestyle that you've had. Society didn't impose any problems on me... my problems stem from events from a long time ago... separate of society. However, I think I've managed to overcome them rather well... I do not ask for sympathy or handouts... but at the same time, I can't just act like nothing happened either or that I would ever pass for 'normal.'
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    that is the sort of comment i would expect to hear from a pharma rep trying to sell drugs tbh.
    I'm waiting for that new drug 'Fukitol' to be sold over the counter.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

I'm waiting for that new drug 'Fukitol' to be sold over the counter.

If anyone can develop such a drug... it would probably be OV or Cain...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Right, signs of of, not are. For one who claims to be so rooted in logic and things being proven true...
    Yea and my logic doesn't fail here. Signs of? You are diagnosing them as disorders with out having to call them that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    If anyone can develop such a drug... it would probably be OV or Cain...
    Sure would beat the dick enhancement drugs out there don't you think? I do.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not to mention that nobody seems to really understand what a marriage really is when they enter into it. They have this fairytale pipedream of what an amazing time it is going to be, but they're not prepared at all for the work and sacrifice that goes into making a relationship work.
    Yep. There it is^. The key. Same for Fras's thread, btw.

Those thinking of marriage: find a longterm married couple, one that are both first marriages, if you can manage this. Tho longterm second marriages (> 20 years) might also be good too since they will have been through the wringer. Talk to them and find out how they did it.

You know what's worse than having a winner and loser in an argument? Two losers with a half-assed compromise that makes NOBODY happy.
    Haaaay, this sounds like Will Harleys stuff. Mutual agreement pact. Thumbs UP, Lite.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Yea and my logic doesn't fail here. Signs of? You are diagnosing them as disorders with out having to call them that.
    Sorry, potential signs of. Better?

This not personal definition, I love this quote - "Love is a battlefield" - Pat Benatar

"It's the fire in my eyes,
    And the flash of my teeth,
    The swing in my waist,
    And the joy in my feet."
    -Maya Angelou

According to Minekey opinion research “Love me for who I am, not who I could be” that’s’ what real love is.

Quote Originally Posted by joanbrent View Post
    This not personal definition, I love this quote - "Love is a battlefield" - Pat Benatar

According to Minekey opinion research “Love me for who I am, not who I could be” that’s’ what real love is.
    I dunno, I try not to quote song lyrics when it comes to expressing how I feel about something.

Can you not love someone for who they are, and who they could be? There's nothing wrong with recognizing a person's potential for growth and individual greatness.

Most people haven't felt love or been in love with anyone, so before they encounter
    someone that shares that motive for who they are, they'll never know.

As for me, I've never had someone that has loved me yet, and I know that I'll get bashed by
    some people as to why it hasn't happened yet, but I guess I just haven't been satisfied with
    what I have accomplished, so I don't want to have someone deal with the burdens that I might have.

P.S. Love is a choice, so no one can force it on you.
    I currently don't need a GF, until I know where I'm heading in life and everything seems to fall into place.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast