+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Pros and Cons

Indie, that video is terrifying.

I'll be over at the hotel pool, if anyone needs me.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Was that dumb guy actually getting IN to a kayak so he could get closer to the shark? That's so scary!!

CB - do you see sharks where you surf?

Thanks indi - now I'm going into momma-panic mode.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    One of the guys got knocked out of his kayak. He was getting back in. The rest rafted their boats together to make it harder to capsize.

And yes, the sharks are all over the aussie coast. Its like Hawaii, several attacks each year & a couple get eaten. A guy got eaten just a week before this nr. Perth (West Australia).

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    update: a perfect summer's day today. I took Sammy to a beach in a different part of Sydney. One she's never been to. Then we went and got some lunch and went back to her apartment and went for a swim in the pool at her complex.

From my point of view, the date strengthened my attraction to her. She's just such a great girl. So down to earth, good sense of humour, so much fun to be around. And man she looks amazing in a bikinni. I had to stop myself staring. She looked stunning today.

It's kind of gay, but when we were standing looking where to sit on the beach a photographer came up and asked to take our photo for a local fashion magazine, which I took as a cosmic sign.

To be honest I found her very hard to read. We were definitely getting along, but she's so nice, and so friendly it's difficult to decipher which is flirtiness and which is her normal personality, if you know what I mean. We'd hold eye contact for a while and I'd think I could see something in her eyes, or feel something pass between us and she'd look away quickly.

And we were both sober throughout, which is unusual for me for a first date. Things are so much easier with alcohol.

Anyway, it was getting on and I was none the wiser as to whether she was just humouring me or whether she might be interested. I was about to take my leave, and debating internally whether to go in for the kiss or not. I leant in for a sly pretend goodbye peck and she kissed me straight back. And we made out for a while. Not ages or anything, just a few minutes. And then said goodbye, bot of us grinning.

And man, it was such a rush! I'd felt so little with the other girls since Kristen it's so nice to have that feeling again. I was beginning to think I was going to turn into a cynical old bastard.

Anyway, I know this post is a bit gushy and I feel like a bit of a fag making it to be honest. But I'm keeping this on the down-low at the moment, so there's no one else I can really talk to.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Your cons are pretty ridiculous outside of you not being sure about yourself.

You just seem surprised that it happened more than anything, which is fine and probably normal but not a "con."

The sharing of friends could be a bit strange and i know how you feel. My ex and I share a lot of the same friends and its a little strange and frustrating at times. The thing is, I wouldn't go back and skip it for any reason. I got hurt, I got stepped on in a lot of ways, but I learned and as pissed as I am about everything I still know that deep under the surface the person that I fell in love with is there...somewhere.

You live and you learn, I share friends.....big deal. You have to be able to look past that and trust that you're friends wont choose sides and go emo on you.

The voice thing....yah.....if she gets loud tell her to shut up, problem solved.

Take a chance.

P.S. Don't feel stupid or gushy about it, hell we're all here posting on a place called LOVEFORUM. We checked our egos in at the door.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

That's great CB! It sounds like you two enjoyed each other. Do you have another date setup?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    nah, trying to set up another date on the spot would have been a bit keen I reckon.
    Last edited by Charlie Boy II; 05-01-09 at 04:48 PM.

In dating, that's the goal.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    nah, trying to set up another date on the spot would have been a bit keen I reckon.
    Depends on how into you she was, some girls get all excited when a guy wants to do something with them again asap.

Go get her!

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha I'm taking it easy with this one, remember. I'll give her a ring later in the week.

edit: she just sent me a text message saying thanks for the day and she had a great time. haha, I noticed she also called me by my christian name for the first time. Up to now she's always called me by my surname.
    Last edited by Charlie Boy II; 05-01-09 at 06:45 PM.

She calls you by your surname? That's cute!!! I love it.

Anyway, she just texted you. Here's your opportunity to setup another date with her. You don't have to see her tomorrow or anything. Just setup a date for the future but do it now. Calling her later in the week is not cool from the woman's perspective.

No pressure. I can tell that you are not that into her.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Lesa I responded and I didn't mention another date becasue I'm playing this slow and my gut's telling me that's the best way to play it. I'm going to call her in a couple of days.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I approve of your waiting, if for no other reason than to keep your OWN emotions under control. Even though you have said you want to suffer a broken heart, I'd rather you didn't.

She'll still be there in a couple of days...

Do you know the magazine you've been photographed for? I would love to see it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ha! Thanks Vashti.

the photographer kind of mumbled the name of the mag as she walked off and we didn't quite catch it. I just heard her say the mag's about "fashion". Where we were is a fairly trendy area. If I find it I'll PM it to you.
    Last edited by Charlie Boy II; 05-01-09 at 08:37 PM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    All sounds good to me, CB. She likes you, no worries. Have fun w/it.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast