+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you a X-Box, PS2 or a GC person?

Are you a X-Box, PS2 or a GC person?

Hey people. Im just wondering what kind of console person are you? Personally im more of a PS2/GC person. Dispite this i still like the X-box. O BTW i just like to say thanks to sfalexi because i kinda got this idea from one of his journal entries, about modding his X-box, How cool is that!
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

I have ps2, but I don't play anymore. I have about 10 unfinished games on my shelf. Now, I just use it to watch DVDs on it. Btw, what is GC, never heard the term before.

Hehe, oh GC. Oh thats the abbreiviation for Game Cube.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

PS2 all the way !!!! the x box just sucks ass and the gamecube is too cartoonish for me - the PS2 has realistic graphics which is what attracts me to a game. BUT, i hardly ever play games - I am nto big on games - so my opinion doesnt count here.

Hehe dont worry everyone opinions counts. Thanks for posting. Ya i kinda agree, PS2 does more realistic titles and graphics. I dont think X-Box completly sucks. Graphics are cool, well...what do you expect, the maker of X-box is microsoft. GC, Hmmm...yeah it does have childish titles and graphics but there are some titles (ESPECIALLY IMPORTS FROM JAPEN E.g Naruto: ninja taisen 2) that are really cool.

I dont like the xbox because of ms - I hate ms... I'm not going to even get into it about ms. lol - I can rant for hours and hors about how much they suck. Now if Linux made the xbox then I might look at it differently and even give it a chance. But since it is ms i wont even try it. Hell knowing ms it will crash on me...

LOL Hey billy, just wondering what OS are you using?

Debian Linux

Cool. IS Linux good? ive never had the chance to try it out. I keep hearing though Linux is a good OS, you have more control over your computer or something. Just for the record i have Win XP.

well most ppl would HATE linux. But most ppl are stupid. windows make everything 'user friendly'. Linux does not. I like this factor alot.

The more 'user friendly' something is the less control you have over it.

But then most ppl do not know how to correctly operate a machine and if there was no user friendly functions then they would just look at it and be like ' uhh... '

Debian linux is the linux OS which is 0% user friendly. Even during setup YOU have to know what you are doing. If you dont, nothing works.

Let me think of an example... ... ... Changing your screen resolution. there is a good one. Most ppl know how to do this in windows. If you dont then stop reading and just nod your head and say 'yes.' then move on. Now in linux you have to edit a text file (mine is XFree86config). In this file there are alot of screen settings and such. Now, to change your screen resolution you have to have the correct vertical and horizontal dimension and hertz and monitor type and THEN you can set the resolution to a higher setting. I use 1024x768 which would be setting 'linux947' for debian (well i forgot the damn number but there is a number like that there... its been so long sence I changed these settings) then you save the file (all doing this in the command line [its like DOS for linux (btw- I work 90% in command line on my machine)]) then you must restart the machine for the changes to take effect. That just set command line AND graphical for 1024x768.

But yeah - this is only for Debian. Debian is the HARDEST linux to learn and use because it is 0% user friendly. All other versions of linux as watered their shit down alot. Debian linux is still mostly like the unix systems.

Knoppix is a CD bootable linux. Just pop in the CD and reboot your machine and BAM you have a working linux - no instals no using hd for anything. It uses you RAM as the harddrive. But anything you save will be destroyed when the machine is rebooted again. RAM always wipes clean on a restart. Knoppix is based on Debian.

If you want to learn linux get a copy of Knoppix 3.3 (it is basically like debain except alot more user friendly. it has been programmed when it boots from cd it will detect all your machine crap like monitor and ethernet and etc etc - pure debian you would have to set all this up yourself manually thru text files). Play with it a bit. Get to know it and be able to do command line. I thin Knoppix has a button on the bar called 'Kommand' which is a consol on the graphical desktop (a window) that will open the command line (much like the way Win XP does for its command line DOS).

If you like it and can use command line pretty well then your ready to start learning Debian.

All distros (with the exception of a few) are free (a distro is a distrobution, there are many types, debian, storm, knoppix, red hat, etc etc) for download off the internet. STAY AWAY FROM RED HAT! lol - I ahte that one. It is the stupidest linux I have ever seen in my life. but anyways. Just do a google search for 'download knoppix' or 'download debian' blah blah. get the .iso and burn the image to a cd.

Now - I hope you know what a .sio is and what burn the image to a cd means. If you dont then your never gonna make it on linux. These are simple terms even for a windows user.

Oh, and if your struggling on windows, then dont even bother with linux. you wont like it.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGalbreath
    the gamecube is too cartoonish for me
    Apparently you haven't seen the new Resident Evils or a little game that revolutionized survival horror called Eternal Darkness. I am a big game buff. I own every system since the NES. I have the PS2, Gamecube and XBox and I must say there are many highs and lows for both. However if you look at sales for 2003 you'll see that PS2 was number one, followed by Gamecube with XBox trailing in third. XBox got so much hype that people thought it was the coolest. However if you look at the more demanding games you'll see that the PS2 has games that have graphics quite equal to the XBox's capabilities. The Gamecube, however, has displayed such cinematic effects not seen on either of the competing systems.

So all in all here's the rub down:

Gamecube: Clearly best graphics of the three yet the fewest selection of games. Free online play.

XBox: Best technology but poorest usage of such making it come far short of its hype. Some exceptional games made for the system but nothing all too impressive. Also, you have to pay to play online, Gamecube and PS2 are free with an adapter.

PS2: If you're in the market for one of the three buy this one. It has the most games to select from, graphics just as good as XBox, and without the pay to play online.

I would just like to say although I recommend the PS2, it's not at all my favorite, its DVD player licks my right nut and it has become a little dated for me. My favorite system ever was the Dreamcast but my favorite of the three is Gamecube all the way.
    Heit ist mein taug.

meh - its a matter of opinion - and to me it still blows ass. I mean sucks ass. hmm. yeah. PS2 all the way !

.Iso is a file that only can be run when run from a CD. Burn means copying the file onto a external storage device for example a cd-rom. Hope im right LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGalbreath
    meh - its a matter of opinion - and to me it still blows ass. I mean sucks ass. hmm. yeah. PS2 all the way !
    If you wanna get into opinion I'll tell you that although I own an XBox, I wish it was never made. It's a piece of junk. However I just gave an unbiased review of the systems and the strict facts.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi
    .Iso is a file that only can be run when run from a CD. Burn means copying the file onto a external storage device for example a cd-rom. Hope im right LOL
    wrong. way wrong.

-------------------------

[url=http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/e-smith/docs/howto/CD_burning_howto.php3#AEN12]What is an ISO image?[/url]

An ISO is a file that contains the complete image of a disc, from sector 0 to the end. Such files are often used when transferring CDROM images over the Internet, and are commonly used as a way of offering Linux distributions for download. The latest version of the e-smith server and gateway, for example, is available from e-smith.org as a 335MB download. Once you have it on your hard drive, you can burn it onto CD using one of many CD-burning software packages.

More precisely, an ISO image is an image of an ISO 9660 CD-ROM. ISO is short for the International Organization for Standardization. (ISO is not an acronym. Instead, the name derives from the Greek word iso, which means equal.) The ISO 9660 format defines the file system used by almost all CDROMs of Windows, Mac, Linux and so on.

Some CD-burning applications create plain ISO 9660 images, while others interpret the ISO format as they like. Nero, from Ahead Software, uses the NRG suffix to name its ISO images. ISO images created by Easy CD Creator (from Roxio, Inc., which was spun off from Adaptec, Inc. in September, 2000) contain some lead-in and lead-out bytes around the core of the 2048-byte sector. This explains why ISO images created by Easy CD Creator cannot be burnt by all burning packages (for example, CDRWin complains about the file not beeing a multiple of the sector size). On the other hand, Easy CD Creator can burn plain ISO images written by other packages.

------------------

I use Nero to burn images to a cd. Do a google search for 'download nero' to get the trial version - talk to me in PM to get a hacked version.

If you have any other questions talk to me in PM - and I dont mean PM on this site. I mean PM me on msn or aim or yahoo or icq. NOTE: I am not always home but my machine is always on - so even if it shows me as online double check my status to see if I am there or not - or send me a message - if I am there I will reply - NOTE on your first message if you dont tell me who you are and how you got my screen name I will most likely block you. So make your first message detailed explaining to me who you are and your reasoning for PM'ing me. I am very careful of who I chat with online. Yes. I am paranoid. Dont ask.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast