+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not sure if I let the opportunity pass.

Not sure if I let the opportunity pass.

No offense, but at first I thought if I used forums such as these it would be stooping to a whole new level, but the advice I was getting from my friends was not that great either but now I see a fair few people use them.

Basically I liked this girl from my induction at college way back in September and we had qued together for like two hours. I didn't make any conversation then and haven't even till this day. I wondered if she would enroll after the induction because I really wanted to get with her, ironically she did. There was lunchtimes when I thought she was looking at me and I just ignored it, I guess those were perfect opportunities to move to her. Then surprisingly she got transferred to my class and was sitting directly opposite me always had loads of eye contact. And she's attempted to start conversation with on two occasions but I can't of seized up and didn't attempt to extend the conversation anymore than was necessary this was in about October.

Then as everyone began to start knowing each other a little more, her and her friends began to chill with the second years. They are obviously quite a bit bigger than first years so I always thought ah ****, she even stopped coming to alot of classes. So I just thought maybe I pro-longed it, though I was a bit shy I just thought this girl is really fit and seems like a cool person. But the embarrassment of me flopping and especially her being in my class would just be completely a shame. So I just thought time to move on, she's hanging around with second year people now.

But I didn't move on! I still like her and want to get to know her, I don't know when i'll have the opportunity now as she is always with second years in free periods and the other opportunity I suppose would be in class.

But now that I pro-longed the situation she doesn't come to all the classes neither do we look at each other as much I wonder if the opportunity has just passed me by, perhaps she has lost interest.

Though I hope this isn't the case but I haven't a clue what to do, I'm a pretty average guy + but I'm kind of shy around girls and ****ed up several opportunities with other girls. I've just assumed all this time I might say something stupid, the conversation might become awkward/dead.

I'm not sure what to do now.. I really want to have a go :S

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    your ship has sailed my friend. Chalk it up as a lesson for next time.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Sometimes I wonder about guys who sit on their thumbs because they fear rejection .. because they are so good at rejecting themselves.

I want you to do this TOMORROW (or Friday it tomorrow is a holiday) Go up to her in class and say to her "Hey, would you like to meet me for a cup of coffee later?" Sure, she may turn you down, in fact plan on it and hope for it.

It's time you learn that a turn-down is not the end of the world!

Besides, she might say "yes."

Sure, Charlie might be right that the ship has passed ... but you might have a chance at turning her head back by surprising her with new found confidence.

The first year/second year worry is just an excuse!!

Carl

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do what Carl says. Seize the woman! Hesitation was so 2008...

The ship has not sailed! The ship has only sailed when you will never see her again and or she has flatly rejected you. She has done neither of those things! It is very likely that she kind of liked you before. You didn't act on it at the time, but it definitely sounds like you got a very good shot. Now to take advantage of your remaining opportunity YOU are going to have to do some work. You are going to have to ask her out on a date.

You can ask her out on a date the next time you talk to her. Definitely start planning how you are going to phrase the date question. Phrase it however works for you. She may say no or she may say yes. If she says yes, then you are back into the potential suitor pool. Keep in mind that you must act like a suitor and dispel all notions of friendship.

It sounds like she stopped flirting with you because you never made a move. You can probably turn the ship around, but you got to man up and make the move.

Carl said it better, shorter, and faster. hah

Grew up in the country (for a few years... ) and there was a friend of mine that would slink around... always quiet and tried to avoid trouble whenever he could. He was practically terrified of getting into a fight. He had seen how bloody some of these fights could get and decided he wanted no part of it. Now his fear turned to the ridiculous... he'd let himself be bullied by anyone... no matter how big or small. Finally my other friends got tired of listening to his whining. So when he said he was terrified of getting punched... one friend turned real quick and punched him right in the nose. Naturally after the poor guy had gotten over the initial shock and all the cursing... the guy that punched him said, "Was it really that bad?" Slowly the guy thought about it and said, "No... not really." After that, he refused to be bullied anymore... and though he still would rather keep the peace, he wasn't afraid to fight if he had to.

I think you are afraid of getting hit (being rejected)... but when it finally happens to you, I think you will realize that it's not nearly so bad as you're making it out to be.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

By the way, Fatelity, just in case you are thinking that we're just a bunch of guys giving you a "pep talk" ... Aeradalia and Indi are both women.

Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    By the way, Fatelity, just in case you are thinking that we're just a bunch of guys giving you a "pep talk" ... Aeradalia and Indi are both women.

Carl.
    I definately read this as "Aeradalia, Indi and I are women", I'm not even drunk........was confused.

Step up to the plate man, the biggest mistake you can make is doing nothing.Nothing learned, nothing gained....life is a calculated risk.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger