+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love Letters

Love Letters

(This letter was sent to my bf at the beginning of December in hopes of offering encouragement, as he was feeling rather down about most everything. I'd love to hear of other love letters sent or received...)

Schatzi,

I make no claims about being an expert of life, but there are a few things I have come to notice. One, whatever you send out, whether it be positive or negative will eventually find its way back to you. Two, there is more to life than finding a mate, securing money, and maintaining a status in a community (a.k.a. pack). And the last being that sometimes what is considered impossible does indeed happen.

All the positive and negative thoughts, emotions, and actions you ever had in life affects all those around you in some way, in some capacity this feeds back to you through the thoughts, emotions, and actions of others, and affects you directly or indirectly. Something as simple as making an effort to meet new people can lead to a whole chain of events that can have a positive affect on you. Sharing who you are with another may help reflect all the positive qualities about yourself that you choose to not see. One day you meet someone who is kind, thoughtful, intelligent, and intuitive with flaws similar to your own and they have a profound influence upon your life. Suddenly you're wanting to improve your life and theirs. This feeds back to their original affect they had on you, and so you forward to them what you have received from them. You send to them love, adoration, care, devotion and a reassurance they are indeed a good person worthy of what you give and so much more.

There is more to life than finding a mate, securing money, and maintaining status. Such concepts are included with life but it is not defined by them. Money and status can be fleeting... lost one day and gained the next, and even 'mates' can be as well. Life is not about the destination, if it were, then what would be the point of living? No, life is about living... the journey through the highs and lows... and is made all the more sweeter and bearable when there is someone to help share in that. When we do secure the money we've wanted and achieved the status we've envied... these triumphs are given meaning when there is someone who genuinely cares. One day we may find that the moneys and status are washed away with the low tides of life and circumstance, and it hurts less when you're not alone. The burden of pain is shared, and a helping hand is given when you must go out there once again to retrieve those things. Life is meant to be lived and is best when shared with another.

Sometimes what is considered impossible does indeed happen. The word impossible is used to describe what we have failed to comprehend properly, or something we've never seen. With this in mind, it is easy to see how we can be proven wrong in our understanding of life or be a witness to a new phenomenon. The idea of impossibility is strange... for it requires a lack of belief to achieve it. Those who do not believe in the impossible have been known to accomplish impossible feats. I do not believe in the impossible, rather I merely see levels of difficulty in a given task.

Please understand there must be great qualities in you or positive things would not be reflected back to you. Despite the mistakes I have made in my life, I have never failed to see the good in people... I could always see it, even when it was recessive. Life is meant to be lived, it is ever changing.. so it will fluctuate in response to the choices we make and circumstances outside of us. So be patient when frustrated and assertive when an opportunity for change presents itself. And always make the most of joyous occasions... for there is no better way to experience them. Do not limit yourself with ideas of impossibility... some things take time, resources, and energy... some things may be unworthy of such investments... but the only thing impossible is the idea of impossibility.

Schatzi, whether you realize it or not, you have accomplished many great things, especially through your influence of me. I would not have been able to attain near the success on my own. You have single-handedly achieved what others could not, and that's making me feel worthy of happiness. My life has been altered by your encouragement.. your thoughts... and your feelings. Let yourself bask in these achievements... allow yourself to see a good thing... even when it's a part of you.

You are very dear to me, and are certainly worthy.

-- Aera
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

that's so sweet! OMG!

so thoughtful...
    I wish everyone is like that
    let me put it this way. YOU - grapes.... ME - oranges