+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: God Designed Sex for Marriage

What did you disagree with exactly?
    Heit ist mein taug.

I kinda felt like I should say something on this . . .I am a Christian, I teach two Sunday school classes at my church (College in the am/ High School boys in the evening.) So I will say that from a theological stand point sex is a gift, given to us for the sacrament of marriage. Its purpose is to strengthen the bond between man and wife and of course to produce offspring.

However with that said, my first time I was a victim of date rape. (And NO I don't mean that I said yes and then wished I hadn't - - I said no the whole way through.) However, after that experience I was in a hurry to do it again and wipe away that negative experience. What I consider to be my "real" first time was with someone I cared for a great deal and I have no regrets. I was 18 when I had my unfortunate experience - who knows, if that hadn't happened I may have been better able to stick to my plan of waiting, but those experiences made me who I am today so I can't waste time worrying over them too much.

When I talk to "my boys" about premarital sex in class I encourage them to wait - it is a Bible study class and that is what the wisdom of the church and Bible call for. However, I have also told them that if they cannot wait that they must at least exercise the wisdom to protect themselves - wrap it up.

Julie

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk_T_Strife
    What did you disagree with exactly?
    okay, sorry Zekk. my bad. I guess I didn't really address it. When you said that we, as humans can ignore or supress the urges. Some people can't. Sick, sometimes, I know, but it's true. I still think we have animalistic instincts that draw us to engage in sexual activity, pleasurable or not.
    Last edited by Breezy18; 08-06-04 at 07:17 AM.

I think it's letting some people off the hook too easily to say they can't control it. We do have the capacity to refute the urges, some would just rather give in and force themselves on others because they haven't been able to give any effort toward coping with said urges.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Vous avez raison! of course. I stand corrected. Question. How did you amass such wisdom and knowledge at such a young age you little smartie?

I have to say that abstinance is the most unnatural of the sexual perversions.

People are designed to have sex. Study's have shown that having orgams improve health and having sex (if not STI's involved or unwanted pregnancies) is good for you.

Marriage is more of a social construct for the ecnomic building blocks of society. If humans were designed to mate for life the we wouldn't have infedelity the way we do. However for economic stability mateing for life makes sense.

Sex is good for you ALSO because experts suggest raising your heart rate (with some form of exercise usually) for about a half hour a day. And when you're having sex, it IS a bit of a workout (so I'm told).

Just one reason (of possibly a few). That's why I always wonder how Mother Theresa lived such a long life. I bet she had a little friar boy on the side or something . . . . some cardinal or bishop who showed her the newspapers...."Experts say it's GOOD for you." "Well, ok then. . . . ."

Oh yeah. Now THERE'S a picture I want in my head . . . Mother Theresa . . . Gettin' it on!

Alexi

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    what i was saying IS, the massive amount of protien in the meat doesnt do us any good, say theres 13grams of protein in a hamburger, well your really only getting 3..so the thing which people always think is the biggest plus to eating meat (the protein) isnt really that great.
    I didn't read this whole thread, and I don't care much about getting into the 'sex and marriage' debate. I feel that's a personal choice. However THIS, of course, I HAVE to address!!!

Sorry Clifton. You've been misinformed. It has been previously 'believed' that the body is unable to digest more than 45-50 grams of protein in any one sitting. HOWEVER, this was 'determined' in an ancient study, back in the 60's, and somehow got the 'label' as being true. It's never been proven or disproven either way. As a general rule, (for those of us who ingest up to and often over 400 grams of protein a day. Yes, I said 400 grams. On an average day, I eat over two pounds of chicken), anyway, as a general rule, and because it's never been determined either way, it's 'suggested' that you limit your protein intake to approx. 50 grams per serving, per 2-3 hour period. However, I often go above any beyond this, eating as much at 100 grams in a sitting, usually prior to bed.
    Because a hard man is good to find.

I'm so glad Iron got in here so he could respond to that. He could explain it so much better than I ever could. But I do agree that sex is healthy for the human body. It was made essential and thus is why we're classified as "sexual beings". However I choose abstinance because I value my emotional health over my physical health. I don't want to engage in sexual activity unless I'm in love, it's my code. However I do masturbate because it is healthy to once a day. But I do it more for mechanical necessity rather than taking much pleasure in it. Sex just isn't a major part of my life.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironliftr3
    I didn't read this whole thread, and I don't care much about getting into the 'sex and marriage' debate. I feel that's a personal choice. However THIS, of course, I HAVE to address!!!

Sorry Clifton. You've been misinformed. It has been previously 'believed' that the body is unable to digest more than 45-50 grams of protein in any one sitting. HOWEVER, this was 'determined' in an ancient study, back in the 60's, and somehow got the 'label' as being true. It's never been proven or disproven either way. As a general rule, (for those of us who ingest up to and often over 400 grams of protein a day. Yes, I said 400 grams. On an average day, I eat over two pounds of chicken), anyway, as a general rule, and because it's never been determined either way, it's 'suggested' that you limit your protein intake to approx. 50 grams per serving, per 2-3 hour period. However, I often go above any beyond this, eating as much at 100 grams in a sitting, usually prior to bed.
    I've read somewhere that you're only supposed to eat protein acording to your weight. Something like 0.5 gram per every pound you weigh. Also, eating too much protein can cause calcium loss and bone loss. I think age factor has an affect too. I'm not a health nut, so I don't really know much about it. I just consume until I'm full.

Quote Originally Posted by m0by
    .....I just consume until I'm full.
    This is not good to do. I cant remember why - but it has something to do with being full, then being hungry, then being full, then being hungry again. Something about it is not good for you somehow.

I dont eat hardly anything at all. I 'fast' usually. But since I moved into my dads house (they are all over weight and fat) he has been making me eat. My step mom packs me a breakfast and lunch to work and when i come home after work they cook this really big nasty fatty dinner...

I dont eat the breakfast or lunch, I give it to the same homeless guy that lives outside my job everyday. And when I go home I get very small servings because my dad says I'm "too skinny" and makes me get 2nd helpings (which I will eat part of to make a total of a full single serving and then feed the dog the rest or throw it away.

But I know this is not healthy either. but it is better than I used to be. I can go 14 days without eating and NOT be hungry at all. For nearly 6 months I would eat a #7 (two small cheesebergers with medium fries and a mdium coke with no ice) every 14 days or so. That was it. Thats all I could afford. I had no friends or family to go visit and eat with. I didn't have a job. Destine didn't want to spend her money on nuthin but drugs, so I would beg for money for mainly food for my son, then smokes and cokes for myself after I know Bryce had enough food, then anfter that I would by myself something to eat. I never worried about Destine because she was never around and I knew she was being well taken care of by the guys that went to the club where she worked...

Whoa.. I kinda went off topic. sry - i was kinda venting a bit. hehe

Anyways. yeah. I forgot what I was saying now...

Hey man (Billy), whether you think it's healthy or not, if you think it's better than you were doing before, then at least it's a step in the right direction.

Like me and my working out. I'm not all "hardcore" like my friends. They have set times during the day that they eat. They eat the same meals at the same time every day (the ones that ensure them the MOST balanced daily nutrition and amount of protein).

Me? I'm not going nuts. I work out a few times a week, and eat BETTER than I did before. And while I may never reach my 'full potential' working out-wise and body-wise, I know that it's better than I was before. So I'm happy.

Alexi

Quote Originally Posted by UnderAgeLover
    I am personally not a big fan of the Christian religion because i feel that a "god" has no real business in with whom you have sex with or at what age you have sex. I think that its bad that your one and only "god" has a sick mind and cares about with who you have sex.
    Well seeing since God did make us I'm sure that he does care about us and to care about us i'm sure that he wouldn't want me for example just have sex with anyone anytime i wanted to. Or anyone else for that matter that's not what sex was designed for. And no it wasn't just designed for reproduction it is for a husband and a wife to know more about themselves enjoy themselves and reproduce.

Oh boy . . . here comes the preachin' . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by sfalexi
    Oh boy . . . here comes the preachin' . . . .
    I'm not preaching that's just how i feel about the situation ok.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast