+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: God Designed Sex for Marriage

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk_T_Strife
    But I do it more for mechanical necessity rather than taking much pleasure in it.
    You are an odd breed Zekk.
    j/k

That a good........or a bad thing?
    Heit ist mein taug.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie_88
    And no it wasn't just designed for reproduction
    I think this right here is what sounded kinda like preaching to him. It wasn't stated as an opinion but rather as declaring another idea wrong and yours right. Actually getting down to brass tacks sex quite literally was designed specifically for the purpose of reproducing. That's the result whether it is performed with a husband or not. Expressing opinion that it should only be shared under the sanctity of marriage under your personal beliefs and code is saying one thing, but saying that the actual process of sexual intercourse was created for the sole purpose of being shared with the one person you choose to spend your life with....I just don't see the proof of it. Where are you seeing this is its purpose?
    Heit ist mein taug.

I love sex - always have, and always will. About the whole marriage thing, well... its disputable, thats for sure. But the one thing thats not disputable is what I have been saying for a LONG time now.

Change.

Today's society is nothing like it was 100 years ago. Things have changed. And they continue to change everyday.

If you ask someone, anyone, about this issue, 9 times out of ten you will get a response similar to "Sex is great, until you get married. Then it just kinda slows down." This has become the "norm" of todays society. Weird, I know. and a bit backwards.

But hell, I am one of the few that would have alot of sex before AND after the marriage. But I'm a nympho, so what can I say ?

This is the longest I have ever gone without sex since I first had it. With Robin it was 2 or 3 times a day and we never went more than 3 or 4 days without sex. Then there was about a week in between her and Destine. Then with destine it was like 5+ a day and never more than a week without sex. Now it has been 109 days (feb 20th was last time i had sex)... THATS A LONG ASS TIME TO GO WITHOUT SEX !!!

But, as said before, things change.. people change.. I have changed. I no longer long for sex. But I long for a partner. Someone to share my life with. Soemone to love and hold. etc etc. all that mushy crap. But this time around it will be different. Sex is NOT going to be a factor for a long time.

I have gotten a bit close to a few women since Des and I broke up, and each time sex never once crossed my mind. Nothing sexual at all ever crossed my mind, which is weird because i am usually one horny mother****er... But instead of wanting sex, I just wanted to be close to them. Not all did I actually get THAT close too. But one stood out from all the rest and I have seemed to have fallen for her all over again. And yet sex has never crossed my mind. I just like to be around her. To hold her, and kiss her. We play together all the time. Last night she gave me the best massage I've ever had in my life. It was sooo good I didn't want to move. LOL.

Anyways, I just thought I'd post my views on this subject. And how life and experience has changed my views. Do I think I will wait to get married before having sex again ? No. Will I have sex with any woman that walks my way and "puts out" ? No. Will I have sex once I have fallen in love ? Highly doubtable. It is going to take a very long time, and the right woman for me to want to have sex.

Sex IS special and should only be between two people that love each other. You may not have to be married, but if you are together, and have been together for a pretty decent time (and a month or two is NOT decent time in my eyes), and you are BOTH faithful to each other, etc etc. Then I think that it is fine to have sex.

These "one night stands", prostitutes, strippers, cheaters, bigamists, etc etc are just WAY wrong. Even if your not religious this should be morally wrong to you. No matter what religion, race, sex, or location... things like that are just wrong in every sence of the word. Even if STD's and pregnancy weren't a problem this is just still WAY WRONG.

Anyways, yeah. I think I've said everything I can about this subject for now.

Imo

I am a Christian and want everyone to know that up front. God made sex for marriage and it should be kept that way. So many teens and adults have sex before marriage and regret it later on. Besides guys want an innocent girl when they get married not one that has had sex before getting married to him right? Well trust me wether this describes you or your man that's just how i feel about it and hope to hear what you have to say about it soon!
    I'm myself and I'm going to let you know up front that I don't subscribe to your religious ideals. People have their own views on marriage dependent upon their upbringing, culture, and religion and only 1 / 3 of the world practices Christianity.

Secondly, there's some contextual differences you need to take into account. When the bible was written, no such thing as birth control / condoms existed, so sex would generally result in children, these children would be born out of wedlock and known as "bastards." Thats where the sin comes in. With the advent of many modern forms of contraception its hard to be sure whether having safe intercourse is sinful. Its not a sin to have premarital love, why should premarital sex be treated differently? If anything, love is far more powerful. Even moreso, if a man and a woman love each other, are monogamous, and effectually live together but never want to get married in an institution, is that sinful?

That aside, where do you get that so many teens have sex before marriage and regret it later on? I think you're assuming an incompatiblity that is not necessarily there. I've seen friends get married and they weren't the most monogamous people I knew, but now they are married and they're not having difficulty staying true or do they regret past actions, and, yes, I have discussed it with them. For them it was part of growing up and preparing for whats to come. In the olden days, men didn't have to do that, women were 2nd class citizens who would get picked by men, or their marriages would be arraigned by their parents. Not the same these days (thank god), people need to find compatible partners and they need to have an accurate understanding of who they are, not lock it up inside only to come to a realization when 2 / 3 rds of their life has passed.

As for the type of girl guys want to marry. While I don't think any guy wants to marry girls that have been very promiscuous, that doesn't mean they are necessarily looking for a virgin either. If I marry someone, I want someone who is comfortable with who she is and I'm not going to blame her for not being faithful to me before she met me.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk_T_Strife
    That a good........or a bad thing?
    Good thing cutie. Very good. Different from the norm, but OH, so refreshing!

Good to hear.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Many of you see me as preechy, and I don't try to be, cause I know that is one thing that turns people away from God. But all I wanted to come out of this is to see what people thought about what I had to say. I never thought that people would be so immature that they had to bring down Christianity just because that they didn't agree with something that I believe to be morale. So I'm sorry if I have offended you but I will not appologize for they way that I think and the things that I believe in. With that said let's try to keep this post a little more simple for now huh?

For the most part I don't think felt that you were being "preachy" - I believe most people were engaging in a healthy debate of the issue that you brought to the board, and in the style that I have grown to respect from my peers here - we talked about the issue and around the issue and for the most part a good time seems to have been had by all.

With that said let's try to keep this post a little more simple for now huh?
    I'm not sure what this statement meant - were you just looking for a head count of who agreed with you and who didn't? it never really works that way around here.

I would refer you to John 8:7 - ultimately we are each responsible for our own actions.

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by jslaughter
    I would refer you to John 8:7 - ultimately we are each responsible for our own actions.
    Interesting. . . Isn't there another verse that says someting like, "judge not others or ye be judged," or was that Kennedy? Oh, I forget.

Quote Originally Posted by m0by
    Interesting. . . Isn't there another verse that says someting like, "judge not others or ye be judged," or was that Kennedy? Oh, I forget.
    John 8:7 . . . "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

Matthew 7:1 Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

I was trying to avoid puting too much scripture out there - but still making my point. I thought Sweetie would know John 8:7, but Matthew 7:1 also make the point. (However, if you are into that whole Bible thing - try to find the verse where it says premarital sex is a sin - there's alot about sex in the Bible but it never comes out and says that sex outside of marriage is a sin.)
    Last edited by jslaughter; 11-06-04 at 03:37 AM.

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

I agree, I think this is a good debate over what we all think and believe about the issue. For those that have attacked Christianity it's due to their already formed opinions over the religion. I doubt your post sent them over any kind of edge about it, I'm sure they already felt that way. Christianity's God just isn't for everyone.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Many of you see me as preechy, and I don't try to be, cause I know that is one thing that turns people away from God. But all I wanted to come out of this is to see what people thought about what I had to say. I never thought that people would be so immature that they had to bring down Christianity just because that they didn't agree with something that I believe to be morale. So I'm sorry if I have offended you but I will not appologize for they way that I think and the things that I believe in. With that said let's try to keep this post a little more simple for now huh?
    At no point did I "immaturely" "demean" or "bring down Christianity." You stated you were religious, I said I wasn't, if thats demeaning, you need to wake up. Furthermore, fact: only 1 / 3 people are Christian. I don't get where you see the demeaning in that.

Now, I did interpret you as preechy, because it started out on this "I believe in god and he says its wrong" (ergo "you're sinning") line, if that wasn't your intent. Sorry. But the way that comes across I'm going to point out that when you criticize people based on your religious ideals, I'll point out that 2 / 3 people don't agree with your ideals. Try and point out where I demean christianity.

Besides, I did tell you what I thought and addressed your arguments.
    Last edited by MVPlaya; 11-06-04 at 05:01 AM.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Gosh its great to have you back MVP-I missed ya man!!!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

In a 'Christian world', I'd have to agree. Premarital sex is a sin, and immoral.

I'll repent on my death bed, or the day I get married. Whichever comes first. (or are they one and the same??)
    Because a hard man is good to find.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast