+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: God Designed Sex for Marriage

Quote Originally Posted by Fawn
    Wow, this debate seems to be going on forever. Its as if this is an endless subject with no actual purpose. Since everyone has there own thoughts and there own generalizations on what is right. Everyone in society is an individual. Which meanss everyone has there own right to do and think what or whichever they want to think.

In my beliefs I believe that "god" may have existed at one point, yet there is no factual or scientific method that actually shows this. I don't believe in the "he created earth" thing either. I think I'm more into the science theory's of how earth was created. Its more factual and evolution has shown this throughout the countless century's. While its harded to believe that one man could create earth in 7 days. Sounds more like a childrens story then the truth.

I'm going to stop writing for the moment. Since religion is a topic that annoy's me to no end.
    First i totally agree with you on the fact that everyone is an individual and they will do what they think is right. But there are tons of prophecies and facts that prove and have shown that God created the earth and that he is real. Third the reason that the way you precieve God creating the world sounds like a children's story is because God is not a man.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie_88
    i just get very upset when everyone brings down God, he is the one that created us and gave us everyhting that we have and don't have and when people say bad things about him it really upsets me. Anyway continue with you're thoughts and i will try to say less about them.
    I don't think anyone is bringing down God just by stating their opinion. And don't stop debating because you disagree with someone on the forum. That's what makes this place so great. Everyone is free to state an opinion without fear of persecution, (or at least we hope). Debate is a good way to learn more about yourself and the world around you. I for one, feel I am more Christian than anything else, however I believe that the bible is merely a guideline because it is full of contradiction. It's all in the interpretation. How else could you explain the vast differences between Jehovah's Witnesses and Protestants? OR, Protestants and Catholics for that matter? They all call themselves Christians and they all use the King James bible. For example the crucifixion. Four disciples were present. Yet there are differences in each rendition. As I recall from my bible school days, Jesus was crucified along with two theives. One taunted Jesus as the crowd did, the other one defended Jesus. BUT, if you read Mathew, Mark and John, you'll see no evidence to that. Mathew 27:38-44 and Mark 15:27-32 states that BOTH the theives taunted Jesus and John 19:18-31 only mentions that they were crucified with Jesus. ONLY LUKE 23:39-43 states that one of the theives defended Jesus and asked forgivness for his sins. Why do we believe this one? Faith. Pure and simple. Just remember that when debating other issues. People believe what people believe and we should honour and respect that, REGARDLESS of what we ourselves feel to be true to us.

i just get very upset when everyone brings down God, he is the one that created us and gave us everyhting that we have and don't have and when people say bad things about him it really upsets me.
    Perhaps you haven't thought about the people that could be offended by you stating his existence as a fact. There are those who don't believe in God. So let's keep the loveforum on topic and not state yours, or anyone else's beliefs as facts. They are JUST that. Beliefs. You can find evidence to support them, you can find evidence that does NOT support them. But EITHER way, this is a freakin loveforum so let's try to keep discussions relevant to dating, dumping, kissing, or sex please or any other topic listed on the main page. When loveadmin decides to insert a section titled "religous beliefs", then we'll get back into this.

Alexi

PS -THis is not only directed at Sweetie_88 but also to all the other people who feel it necessary to debate religion and other completely off-topic things here. If you REALLY want to do something like this, at the VERY least, put it in "General Discussion" and stop wasting people's time under a thread titled "God designed sex for marriage".

I come back to this thread to see people's views on sex dealing with marriage and why/how they're influenced. Because I'm interested in people's views on sex before/after marriage, why they choose to do whatever it is that they do, etc.

I do NOT return to this thread hoping to hear about people debating the existence of an omnipotent being and the particulars of how two thieves behaved while getting crucifed 2000 years ago. If I wanted to know that, I'd start a thread ecompassing THAT topic in the appropriate discussion forum.
    Last edited by sfalexi; 13-06-04 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy18
    I don't think anyone is bringing down God just by stating their opinion. And don't stop debating because you disagree with someone on the forum. That's what makes this place so great. Everyone is free to state an opinion without fear of persecution, (or at least we hope). Debate is a good way to learn more about yourself and the world around you. I for one, feel I am more Christian than anything else, however I believe that the bible is merely a guideline because it is full of contradiction. It's all in the interpretation. How else could you explain the vast differences between Jehovah's Witnesses and Protestants? OR, Protestants and Catholics for that matter? They all call themselves Christians and they all use the King James bible. For example the crucifixion. Four disciples were present. Yet there are differences in each rendition. As I recall from my bible school days, Jesus was crucified along with two theives. One taunted Jesus as the crowd did, the other one defended Jesus. BUT, if you read Mathew, Mark and John, you'll see no evidence to that. Mathew 27:38-44 and Mark 15:27-32 states that BOTH the theives taunted Jesus and John 19:18-31 only mentions that they were crucified with Jesus. ONLY LUKE 23:39-43 states that one of the theives defended Jesus and asked forgivness for his sins. Why do we believe this one? Faith. Pure and simple. Just remember that when debating other issues. People believe what people believe and we should honour and respect that, REGARDLESS of what we ourselves feel to be true to us.
    Thanks very much for clearing this up for me I see exactally what you mean. I will continue to share what i feel about matters but realize while doing it that other people have other oppions and that just because I share mine they won't necessecarly agree with them. Again thanks.
    Amatures built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
    -Mark Lowary

Quote Originally Posted by sfalexi
    Perhaps you haven't thought about the people that could be offended by you stating his existence as a fact. There are those who don't believe in God. So let's keep the loveforum on topic and not state yours, or anyone else's beliefs as facts. They are JUST that. Beliefs. You can find evidence to support them, you can find evidence that does NOT support them. But EITHER way, this is a freakin loveforum so let's try to keep discussions relevant to dating, dumping, kissing, or sex please or any other topic listed on the main page. When loveadmin decides to insert a section titled "religous beliefs", then we'll get back into this.

Alexi
    If you don't like the topic don't reply cause it said right in the topic line what it was about.
    -Mark Lowary

If you don't like the topic don't reply cause it said right in the topic line what it was about.
    What you and breezy are discussing is NOT what the topic line is about.

It said in the topic "God designed sex for marriage". What you are discussing is the EXISTENCE of God and different interpretations of the bible and differences in religions. I liked the original topic and kept coming back hoping that we'd somehow navigate BACK to it. However now the discussion has gone WAY off course. If you want to debate this sort of stuff, since it's SO FAR off the topic, start a relevant thread. That's what I do. If I see something mentioned in a thread that I want to know more about, but it's not relevant to the original topic I start a relevant thread.

For all you know, there could be tons more poeple who have more to say on this topic, but you'll never know because they stopped visiting this thread because it started to go off. If you start a RELEVANT thread in another discussion forum, they'll see that one, and maybe chip in THEIR two cents. Instead of unknowingly passing it by.

Alexi

What you and breezy are discussing is NOT what the topic line is about.

It said in the topic "God designed sex for marriage". What you are discussing is the EXISTENCE of God and different interpretations of the bible and differences in religions. I liked the original topic and kept coming back hoping that we'd somehow navigate BACK to it. However now the discussion has gone WAY off course. If you want to debate this sort of stuff, since it's SO FAR off the topic, start a relevant thread. That's what I do. If I see something mentioned in a thread that I want to know more about, but it's not relevant to the original topic I start a relevant thread.

For all you know, there could be tons more poeple who have more to say on this topic, but you'll never know because they stopped visiting this thread because it started to go off. If you start a RELEVANT thread in another discussion forum, they'll see that one, and maybe chip in THEIR two cents. Instead of unknowingly passing it by.

Alexi
    How about you find another thread to post on. This one is mine and we can talk about whatever we want to. So what, we get off topic it's not the end of the world. Move on.
    -Mark Lowary

Jeeze Alexi! Are you always this eloquent, or is today just my lucky day? Sweetie is right. There's a shitload MORE threads in here that have gotten off topic. This isn't the first time and it won't be the last. Sometimes, things that ARE connected get discussed for use of proving a point or backing up one's opinion. Since "GOD" was in the topic title, I feel it's not SO FAR OFF TOPIC to discuss the bible and use it as a point of reference to back up a statement. Where the hell else are you going to find points to prove or disprove the topic title???
    It seems to me there is a lot more eating at you than this one thread.
    Last edited by Breezy18; 13-06-04 at 06:52 AM.

How about you find another thread to post on. This one is mine and we can talk about whatever we want to. So what, we get off topic it's not the end of the world. Move on.
    lol. You sound like a 2 year old here! "THIS THREAD IS MINE! WE CAN TALK ABOUT WHATEVER WE WANT TO! GO FIND ANOTHER THREAD TO POST ON!!!!!!"

Go ahead and keep the thread. Although if you want to discuss this in entirety, it probably is best to still start a new thread in an appropriate discussion group. That way it gets more exposure and you can get more people's opinion's on whether God exists or not and different interpretations of the bible.

I'm just upset because this thread had an interesting topic line and then it went way off course. I would've liked to hear people actually talk about God and sex before marriage. Oh well.

Alexi

First i totally agree with you on the fact that everyone is an individual and they will do what they think is right. But there are tons of prophecies and facts that prove and have shown that God created the earth and that he is real. Third the reason that the way you precieve God creating the world sounds like a children's story is because God is not a man.
    Prophecies aren't fact. There an assumption. Not necessarily truthfull... So if god's not a man. what is he? a spirit? an entity? a ghost? Thats exactly what he is... a mythical energy.... which can not be proven to be real...

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by Fawn
    Prophecies aren't fact. There an assumption. Not necessarily truthfull... So if god's not a man. what is he? a spirit? an entity? a ghost? Thats exactly what he is... a mythical energy.... which can not be proven to be real...
    You know what you are right a prophecy is not fact, atleast not till it comes true. Which many have on God's behalf. Now as far as God goes I believe him to be like a spirit but something more. No I can't show you a picture or anything to prove that God is real besides the Bible which he gave the people that wrote it their information. If you have a Bible you can read in Genesis that God made the world from nothing, and that He has allways been here and allways will be.
    -Mark Lowary

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy18
    Jeeze Alexi! Are you always this eloquent, or is today just my lucky day? Sweetie is right. There's a ######## MORE threads in here that have gotten off topic. This isn't the first time and it won't be the last. Sometimes, things that ARE connected get discussed for use of proving a point or backing up one's opinion. Since "GOD" was in the topic title, I feel it's not SO FAR OFF TOPIC to discuss the bible and use it as a point of reference to back up a statement. Where the hell else are you going to find points to prove or disprove the topic title???
    It seems to me there is a lot more eating at you than this one thread.
    Thank you so much for your support. This place needs more people like you in it. Anyways thanks again, and hope to talk soon.
    -Mark Lowary

lol. You sound like a 2 year old here! "THIS THREAD IS MINE! WE CAN TALK ABOUT WHATEVER WE WANT TO! GO FIND ANOTHER THREAD TO POST ON!!!!!!"

Go ahead and keep the thread. Although if you want to discuss this in entirety, it probably is best to still start a new thread in an appropriate discussion group. That way it gets more exposure and you can get more people's opinion's on whether God exists or not and different interpretations of the bible.

I'm just upset because this thread had an interesting topic line and then it went way off course. I would've liked to hear people actually talk about God and sex before marriage. Oh well.

Alexi
    I'm not even going down this road with you. I think Breezy18 said it much more better than I could have anyways. Thanks for all of your imput though.
    -Mark Lowary

Well I pitty the 2/3 of people who aren't Christians and who won't open their eyes to see how much God has done for them and how much he loves them.
    Glad I have your pity.
    All I will say to the rest of your crap that you wrote.
    Oh shit! You're right. It is crap. That response completely elucidated how the historical and contextual differences between the time at which the bible was written and the time when it is currently practiced don't constitute ground for reexamination of the word. I mean, shit! You're right. I'll adhere strictly to the Bible from now. Continuing, I think we should start executing thieves and prostitutes cause thats what God wanted, its in the Bible. We should also accept everything literally, I mean, Jesus' blood did transmutate into wine and his body into bread. I mean, if you believe anything but that, then you belong to that 2/3rd I pity.
    I hope you find your way in life and become a Christian cause if you don't you'll wish you listened to me. And no that's not a threat but it's just how it is.
    I don't know. Maybe in your next life when you reincarnate into a cow you'll wish you never ate meat in this life. And thats not a threat, its just the way it is, ask Buddha.

"Sweetie" (interesting spelling), if you really believe so powerfully in what you wrote. Why can't you answer the simple points I made about contraception? These thoughts are in no way unique to atheism, many Christians believe that the sin of sex relates to bearing children out of wedlock, not to the act of sex itself. But I guess you pity those people too. I mean, they're just "crap."
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

...if you really believe so powerfully in what you wrote. Why can't you answer the simple points I made about contraception? These thoughts are in no way unique to atheism, many Christians believe that the sin of sex relates to bearing children out of wedlock, not to the act of sex itself. But I guess you pity those people too. I mean, they're just "crap."[/QUOTE] First off i don't even know what contracetion is and secondly I have never mentioned sex as being a sin or a crime in anything that i have wrote. Thirdly i never said that anyone person was crap just that what they wrote was. So if you wanna take my words outta context that's fine but you can't destroy what they really say.
    -Mark Lowary

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast