+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Sticky Situation

Sticky Situation

Hi all,
    I graduated from high school last year and just celebrated One Year with my girlfriend who I still adore. She went to University in september and I have been working to save money. So we were able to visit every 2-3 weeks.

Now that Christmas break is over she is going back to school and this time instead of working full time I am moving out of province for 4 months to teach skiing. I will not be able to visit her any more.

We have decided to give the long distance thing a shot as we pretty much already succeeded during her first semester.

Now the question I have is if we make it through the next four months we will have 5 uninterrupted months together but come next september she is off to school again and I will be traveling europe. Having the ability to see where the end of the line is, is a terrible feeling. I am looking for recommendations about what to do. Should I break it off even though it would be very hard? Should we carry through until this time? Now that I am done typing this novel I don't really know what questions to pose ><
    Just looking for some insight. Thanks

If you really do adore her, rough it out and endure the long distance pain. There are people here, including myself, whose LDRs are going through harsher conditions.

The best thing for you both to do is plan out your future careers so that you can both be together - without this kind of plan, your relationship will fall apart.

Sounds to me like both their lives are already planned out, and it doesnt sound like either of them are involved in each other's futures. LDR's are a big risk to me, and it is a very hard thing to do. If you truly love her, then I'd give it a shot just to say we tried. But seeing as I've had my experience with LDR's, I personally doubt it will last long.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..