+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is there a possibility?

is there a possibility?

I've known this guy for a while and we've always flirted and have hung out with mutual friends a bit. Anyway, the other night we ended up getting together and I stayed at his place. He was very affectionate and wanted to snuggle and kiss lots as well as sleep together all night....and morning haha. The next day we both had stuff to do so went our separate ways, but he kissed me goodbye.
    I havent spoken to him since apart from I texted him yesterday and he replied but that was it.
    I would kind of like something more to happen but can't help but think that it was just a one night stand in the end. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops View Post
    I've known this guy for a while and we've always flirted and have hung out with mutual friends a bit. Anyway, the other night we ended up getting together and I stayed at his place. He was very affectionate and wanted to snuggle and kiss lots as well as sleep together all night....and morning haha. The next day we both had stuff to do so went our separate ways, but he kissed me goodbye.
    I havent spoken to him since apart from I texted him yesterday and he replied but that was it.
    I would kind of like something more to happen but can't help but think that it was just a one night stand in the end. Help?
    To soon to tell since it was the only other day. Just wait it out......if he doesn't call after af ew days then call him....if he doesn't return ur call then yes 1 night stand.
    "Guilt is like a sack of bricks...all you have to do is set it down."

"No Expectations. No Disappointments."

- Sheepingly

Quote Originally Posted by sheepingly View Post
    To soon to tell since it was the only other day. Just wait it out......if he doesn't call after af few days then call him....if he doesn't return ur call then yes 1 night stand.
    I disagree a bit with sheepingly. Don't feed his ego or his terrible behavior by calling him EVER. He f**ked you, not the end of the world for sure, but if you let it be about you wanting more ... he can USE you second time.

Carl.

I'm with Carl here... he could definitely be only after a one night stand. You calling him may give him the green light to be a friend with benefits...

Ideally though, he would call you if he is interested. I'd like to say you should go call him... but its hard to tell where his intentions lie...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTooya View Post
    I'm with Carl here... he could definitely be only after a one night stand. You calling him may give him the green light to be a friend with benefits...

Ideally though, he would call you if he is interested. I'd like to say you should go call him... but its hard to tell where his intentions lie...
    Okay i see your point, if eh was interested he'd call more often than he has...I'm assuming that's what you mean right?
    "Guilt is like a sack of bricks...all you have to do is set it down."

"No Expectations. No Disappointments."

- Sheepingly

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops View Post

It's possible that he viewed this as a 'friends with benefits' kind of deal. The fact that he showed some affection the following morning... as opposed to sneaking out ASAP, could support this idea. He did reply to your text as well... so he's not cutting you off cold. I would wait to see if he responds... and if he does, you can tell him that though you had fun, you feel that you want something more - don't be surprised if he doesn't... especially if he thought this was a FWB kind of thing. If he doesn't respond then one of two things happened... one he forgot to respond (possible and not necessarily a sign of disrespect... eh... not harshly anyway) or he chose purposefully to not respond (in that he feels it is necessary to 'move on' and let you do the same).

In either case... it would be very difficult to have this develop into something more romantically inclined.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

i spoke to my brother and he was basically like why not just ask him out for coffee? if he says yes, awesome. if not, who cares! its not like you have anything to lose, you dont see him out very often at all. so i think i will later today eek. oh well, life's short!

Well, before we all jump on the shut the door and let it burn bandwagon, maybe you should simply ask him what the deal is. Not everyone is completely self centered and stuck up, he might be straight with you, you won't know unless you try.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger