+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm drunk now

I'm drunk now

I just kissed a guy at a party, I know he has liked me for a long time. I always dismissed him, he’s 26, I’m 32, same age as my ex, but I think I like him. I’m not sure whether it was a good idea. he’s nice tho. I think I did the right thing for me. He obviously wanted more but I enjoyed the kiss. He has tried it on for years but I always dismissed him. He just came back from travelling the world, he called me while he was away coz I told him before he left about not taking any drugs and apparently he heeded me weirdly and called me to tell me that I saved his life (I still don’t really kno necessarily how) but his friends got very sick or something, I dunno the full story but apparently my advice was in the back of his mind and he thinks I saved his life. Anyway I felt good tonight, it was my first kiss since my ex and I have to say yipeeeeeeee, I’m drunk and I’m going to bed now, but there ya go, there’s my news
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I definitely thought I was going to read that you kissed another woman!

Lol, good work, hopefully this helps you get back on track in a way.

We will see what you have to say later when you sober up

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

How come you're better at writing properly when you're drunk?

At first it was the ' in the I'm of the thread title, but an entire post with few mistakes? Methinks you're tipsy, not drunk.

Eco, I probably don't need to tell you this, but just be careful with your emotional investment until you really get to know him. You're on the rebound so still a little vulnerable (I say this because I'm on the rebound, too, and don't want to fall into a similar trap)

Wouldn't hurt to be cautiously optimistic with the realization that you won't truly be able to give your heart until you know he's worthy of you. And it will take time for him to show that level of consistency.

Other than that, enjoy the feeling of being over your ex and ready for something new.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    How come you're better at writing properly when you're drunk?

At first it was the ' in the I'm of the thread title, but an entire post with few mistakes? Methinks you're tipsy, not drunk.
    lol, you'd want to have seen the original transcript, i transferred it to microsoft word coz it took me so long to get it right. anyway having sobered up, i've realised the kiss was fun, but like sb said, i'm gonna be careful with my feelings. it felt good to be hugged and kissed again after so long. one thing tho, he sent me a text after i got home asking me to go with him to the cinema, somehow i don't think it's a good idea that i reply

1) i know he was drunk
    2) aparently he has a gf (he told all of us last night he's just met her on the internet in the last couple of weeks) i know that it had to be the last few weeks coz he came back from travelling 1 month ago and i had met him a few times as friends catching up. we shared a twin hotel room at the wedding i was at ages ago as friends and separate beds, just cost cutting

i still kissed him last night with this knoweledge of a gf , does that make me a bad person? does that make him a cheater?

or is this what you guys call dating not exclusively?

i'm not sure if i should respond to the text, yes i want to meet him but am wondering did he say that coz he was drunk.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 04-01-09 at 11:14 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    lol, you'd want to have seen the original transcript, i transferred it to microsoft word coz it took me so long to get it right. anyway having sobered up, i've realised the kiss was fun, but like sb said, i'm gonna be careful with my feelings. it felt good to be hugged and kissed again after so long. one thing tho, he sent me a text after i got home asking me to go with him to the cinema, somehow i don't think it's a good idea that i reply

1) i know he was drunk
    2) aparently he has a gf (he told all of us last night he's just met her on the internet in the last couple of weeks) i know that it had to be the last few weeks coz he came back from travelling 1 month ago and i had met him a few times as friends catching up. we shared a twin hotel room at the wedding i was at ages ago as friends and separate beds, just cost cutting

i still kissed him last night with this knoweledge of a gf , does that make me a bad person? does that make him a cheater?

or is this what you guys call dating not exclusively?

i'm not sure if i should respond to the text, yes i want to meet him but am wondering did he say that coz he was drunk.
    Oh he has a girlfriend? That sucks.

Yes, it does make him a cheater that he kissed you even though he had a girlfriend. Unless it was a total peck. Plus he's now asking you to the movie? This guy sounds like a sleaze, sorry Eco.

Kissing him back doesn't make you a bad person, just a drunky drunkster. You know that this situation isn't ideal.

I would ignore his text and if he contacts you again, I would tell him that the kiss was a drunken mistake and that you are unavailable to him as anything else but a friend until he's single again. I mean you don't *really* want to pursue a guy with a girlfriend, do you?

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    internet girlfriends don't count.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Yes, but is she an internet-only girlfriend? Or did he just meet her on the net and now is an offline girlfriend as well?

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's an internet only girlfriend. He told me that.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

yep she's real life now, so thats that. knocked on the head. no more shinanigans with him.

Man, I wish someone was around to knock me in the head when I started falling for guys I knew I shouldn't years ago.

Don't worry, Eco. There's a really good guy out there for you...someone who won't cheat or mess with your head. Hold out for that really special one, and don't settle.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    *caresses your body while you are passed out*

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    I just kissed a guy at a party, I know he has liked me for a long time. I always dismissed him, he’s 26, I’m 32, same age as my ex, but I think I like him. I’m not sure whether it was a good idea. he’s nice tho. I think I did the right thing for me. He obviously wanted more but I enjoyed the kiss. He has tried it on for years but I always dismissed him. He just came back from travelling the world, he called me while he was away coz I told him before he left about not taking any drugs and apparently he heeded me weirdly and called me to tell me that I saved his life (I still don’t really kno necessarily how) but his friends got very sick or something, I dunno the full story but apparently my advice was in the back of his mind and he thinks I saved his life. Anyway I felt good tonight, it was my first kiss since my ex and I have to say yipeeeeeeee, I’m drunk and I’m going to bed now, but there ya go, there’s my news

hahaha Jeanne ... there should be a rule against PWD ... "Posting While Drunk"

In your more sober morning, I'm sure it will occur to you that the only question is ... will you hurt him by responding to his attraction.

Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    *caresses your body while you are passed out*

raverboy

Just keep a watch for those reflexes... if she's anything like me... she may punch when touched...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    Just keep a watch for those reflexes... if she's anything like me... she may punch when touched...
    Violent sex inc.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast