+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what does "good girl" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    So..do you think this is only a temporary thing that can be overcomed with communication Or do you think if I continue with this, I would end up with someone who I will hate?
    If you managed a relationship I think you would be setting yourself up for disappointment. It's up to you (and him).
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

So..do you think this is only a temporary thing that can be overcomed with communication Or do you think if I continue with this, I would end up with someone who I will hate?
    Well, that's why I wanted to get an answer to that question to find out what you want. I really can't answer these questions for you because I'm not you.

If you love his personality regardless of seeing him change and become like your ex and you still think you get along even after the date went poorly then you can continue to try and hope for the best. If you no longer like his personality and think you no longer have chemistry then you should stop with him and look for someone else.

There is also that issue of dating a friend of the ex that Vash pointed out as well. It's usually looked down upon and subject to judgment from others. Although there are success stories that do occur out of these, they tend to be in minority compared to failures.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Online and messaging means nothing. Ha, I do that with the ex Most people are going to be friendly online. And most people can carry on good conversation online (and he is not doing that too well either).

You are not compatible, no connection, no sparks, no thrill, no excitement, and not enough chemistry to have a romantic relationship.

What do you want?
    OMG. Then I will lonely for the rest of my life. I can`t carry on a conversation even with my friends for a continuous 2 hours either. (I`m not talking about online)

OMG. Then I will lonely for the rest of my life. I can`t carry on a conversation even with my friends for a continuous 2 hours either. (I`m not talking about online)
    This makes me feel that you are scared of being lonely and might be overlooking certain things in order to combat loneliness. I know a lot of people guilty of that btw (I think most people are susceptible to it on some level), but it's something to keep in the back of your mind when making decisions. Don't let fear drive you into places you will regret. Instead combat loneliness by surrounding yourself with probable choices.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Hehe I don't mean carry on a conversation for two hours. I would have a difficult time doing that as well. He is avoiding you it seems but when he does finally communicate with you it is rather plesant. That's what I meant. Most people will do that.

You need attraction to keep a relationship alive. He is not showing it. It doesn't seem like you are too attracted to him. Are you?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123