+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what does "good girl" mean?

what does "good girl" mean?

I know that when a guy says a girl is hot or beautiful, he is attracted to her appearance. Or when a guy says "I think we should just be friends", it means he isn't attracted to her in a romantic sort of way. But can you decode this: "you are a good girl".

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think a "good girl" is the kind a guy wants to marry after he is done chasing "hot" girls.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You could. It's somewhat a way of a guy letting girls down easy if there was some interest from either party. He perhaps may have had a romantic interest initially...but then backed down after he saw something he didn't like.

Now guys will go two routes. He will maintain the friendship (having a girl to hang out with, do some activities, and ask advice), but it will likely not go further than that unless the one or both develop more feelings for each other...or completely want nothing to do with her any more and move on.

I agree with what vasthi said and it think it could also mean that he appreciates and respects the girl and would therefore not play games with her or hurt her thoughtlessly - like he might do with other girls he doesn't respect that much.

I would probably appreciate it more if a man tells me I am a good girl instead of saying I am hot. One does not exclude the other anyways

If he tells u that you're a good girl then that probably means he respects you, and also find you hot. But this thing can't be applied if he says you're hot.

"Good girl" is the same as "good dog", only for girls.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    You've posted a lot of anti-woman comments lately.

Do you secretly crave cock?
    I don't chase, I replace.

No. Why do you care?
    Don't expect anything.

Maybe he's willing to give u one joking don't shoot

Im with Damn2008 on that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've been referred to as a "good girl," even though I tend to be rather perverse (derogatory terms really do not bother me much) and blunt (rarely do I lie) in conversation with close friends. I would have to think the term means that he shows respect for you... but doesn't really determine whether he has romantic feelings or you or not. It's just a compliment about your overall personality.

Most of my guy friends that wanted me romantically had asked me out... and those that didn't never asked me out. In either case... I was still referred to as being a 'good girl.'
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    You've posted a lot of anti-woman comments lately.

Do you secretly crave cock?

I doubt he can answer that right now if he is still in the 'confused/curious' phase. It's a long and arduous journey... but I wish him well...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

He is horny for you but you are not expressing yourself in a way that indicates that you are promiscuous. He likes you (or have a friend that's looking for a serious relationship) but knows you are not for "one night stand" type of entertainment. He will come back to you when he wants marriage or a serious long term relationship. If he pursues you then he wants you for marriage or a serious long term relationship. I will bet on it.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    I know that when a guy says a girl is hot or beautiful, he is attracted to her appearance. Or when a guy says "I think we should just be friends", it means he isn't attracted to her in a romantic sort of way. But can you decode this: "you are a good girl".
    Good personality?

"Good" can also mean that you stay away from things that "bad" is associated with like drugs, getting drunk, promiscuous behavior.

A lot depends on the context. Can you give us the conversation where "you are a good girl" was said?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Good personality?

"Good" can also mean that you stay away from things that "bad" is associated with like drugs, getting drunk, promiscuous behavior.

A lot depends on the context. Can you give us the conversation where "you are a good girl" was said?

Sure. It was that guy who spoke badly about my ex who is also his friend. He said how he (my ex) didn't care about me and that I shouldn't waste my time on him. And how I was a "good girl".

Ok, my ex is an ass. I couldn't figure out if he was playing mind games with me or he was just plain uninterested. He acted pretty aloof to me when I was in a relationship with him. But forget about my ex...that was the past.

Now, this guy said that to me...and also by his actions, he seems interested in me. He asked me out and paid for it and always wanting to know more about me and cheers me up whenever I'm in a bad mood. So...I'm starting to fall for him. I really thought that I have finally found a person where the relationship is mutual. I thought "thank god he has the complete opposite personality of my ex".

But here's the weird thing. After I went out on a date with him which I would have to say was awkward and semi-boring. I think its because we were both nervous and the comfort just wasn't there yet. I can overlook that because that face to face comfort level can build. I know there is potential because we get along fine online and have got along in the past. It's just the pressure of being alone on a "date" that got to our heads...I think.

But I don't know what he is thinking now. He seems to be less available and more aloof recently. He's acting contrary to the type of person I thought he was and what attracted me in the first place. He's acting more and more like my aloof jackass ex. Maybe he thought there was no chemistry during the date and gives up after the first date OR he's playing mind games with me because he is insecure OR he's taking advantage of me because he thinks I'm a "good girl" and will fall all over for him. Which possibility do you think is more likely?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He probably is feeling guilty for dating a friend's ex.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast