+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm boring so why does she still want to hang out with me?

Can you post some pictures of the two of you please? I'd like to visual the two of you so I can give some suggestions

I called the FAA and fortunately, the hijack incident of Ruval's thread has been resolved! (Lite and Aeradalia are in custody)

You said "she (unfortunately, and unsurprisingly as well) couldn't return those same feelings towards me."

NO girl, ever says that to a guy she has a romantic interest in, and her lack of physical/emotional attraction is virtually unchangable.

You are pumping from a dry well.

Sorry.

Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    I called the FAA and fortunately, the hijack incident of Ruval's thread has been resolved! (Lite and Aeradalia are in custody)

You said "she (unfortunately, and unsurprisingly as well) couldn't return those same feelings towards me."

NO girl, ever says that to a guy she has a romantic interest in, and her lack of physical/emotional attraction is virtually unchangable.

You are pumping from a dry well.

Sorry.

Carl.
    Ouch... police brutality at its best...

But Carl is right... if she cannot return the feelings then there's no chance of a relationship... Romantic relationships start with both having similar feelings... without this, your best hope is a friendship with her.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Pictures please? Then I will be able to inform you if the two of you are in no way physically compatible. Sometimes people need an objective third person outsider opinion

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If she's not interested why is she contacting him? Something wrong here.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    If she's not interested why is she contacting him? Something wrong here.
    Some girls are a tease, some girls what to "let him down easy" and feel obligated to "prolong" an unnatural relationship to make it look not as obvious, or perhaps the girl actually DOES like him but is so SHY it is being completed misconstrued and covered up...

POST PICS and I'll judge for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by qualia1234 View Post
    Pictures please? Then I will be able to inform you if the two of you are in no way physically compatible. Sometimes people need an objective third person outsider opinion
    You are sooo wrong, qualia ... buying into the idea of "leagues" as a way of assessing compatibility. I know many gorgeous girls who are attracted to average men, and many hot guys who are attracted to average women.

You do have a point about possibilities ... but "no way physically compatible" is way an overstatement. There may be a "one size fits most" but hardly a "one size fits all"

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    You are sooo wrong, qualia ... buying into the idea of "leagues" as a way of assessing compatibility. I know many gorgeous girls who are attracted to average men, and many hot guys who are attracted to average women.

You do have a point about possibilities ... but "no way physically compatible" is way an overstatement. There may be a "one size fits most" but hardly a "one size fits all"

Carl
    But it DOES matter to a large extend, in general.

I consider the 'league' concept of compatibility to be somewhat immature and unfounded... Appearances may have an influence on the personality within... but I have seen beautiful women with hideous personalities as well as beautiful women with surprisingly nice personalities... same for guys. And those with ugly personalities will never be happy with another... attractive or not... until they change themselves for the better.

The vast majority of us are average... and so we tend to gauge more off of personality and less with looks (when looking for a committed relationship).

Once more.. 'league' concept of attraction has gone the way phrenology and the Dodo.
    Last edited by Aeradalia; 06-01-09 at 01:17 PM.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    I consider the 'league' concept of compatibility to be somewhat immature and unfounded... Appearances may have an influence on the personality within... but I have seen beautiful women with hideous personalities as well as beautiful women with surprisingly nice personalities... same for guys. And those with ugly personalities will never be happy with another... attractive or not... until they change themselves for the better.

The vast majority of us are average... and so we tend to gauge more off of personality and less with looks (when looking for a committed relationship).

Once more.. 'league' concept of attraction has gone the way phrenology and the Dodo.
    People usually date, fall in love with, and marry others that are similar in intellect, and sheer physical beauty as themselves.. Opposites do NOT attractive... Like seeks like, it is scientific fact.

People usually date, fall in love with, and marry others that are similar in intellect, and sheer physical beauty as themselves.. Opposites do NOT attractive... Like seeks like, it is scientific fact.

Tell that to the biracial couple next door... the guy at work who's 50 dating the 27 year old... and any heterosexual couple..

I was talking about compatibility with personalities... and sometimes 'similar intellects' are found in people who may be strikingly different in appearance.

Scientific fact is based on observations... and I'm sorry I just don't observe people choosing others based more on equal physical beauty (for committed relationships) in daily life... but I did oddly enough.. see that a lot in high school.
    Last edited by Aeradalia; 06-01-09 at 01:30 PM.

- James Allen

Tell that to the biracial couple next door... the guy at work who's 50 dating the 27 year old... and any homosexual couple..

I was talking about compatibility with personalities... and sometimes 'similar intellects' are found in people who may be strikingly different in appearance.

Scientific fact is based on observations... and I'm sorry I just don't observe this in daily life... but I did oddly enough.. see that a lot in high school.
    Last I knew, scientifically anyway, magnetic poles of similarity repell each other. This works in energy fields, sound waves, etc. They cancel each other out.

I think what you're really looking for are harmonics. Enough of a difference to notice, enough of a compatibility to create a unit greater than the individual units themselves.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Tell that to the biracial couple next door... the guy at work who's 50 dating the 27 year old... and any homosexual couple..

Scientific fact is based on observations... and I'm sorry I just don't observe this in daily life... but I did oddly enough.. see that a lot in high school.
    Attraction cannot be "bought".. The hot chick that marries the fat wallet old dude to become his trophy wife takes a sacrifice of money/wealth over looks/body/physicality etc... But it is not a math equation where everything "balances out and becomes equal"... No amount of money in the world can substitute passion and desire and youth... So in the end she is still left looking at greener pastures... SAME with personality... Personality canNOT make UP for LOOKS... The human brain is actually three brains and each cares only about its only aspect... Lust and Love and Beauty and Avarice do not mix... The point is a ugly and beautiful couple together someone is ALWAYS making a bad sacrifice...

Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post

I think what you're really looking for are harmonics. Enough of a difference to notice, enough of a compatibility to create a unit greater than the individual units themselves.
    "Differences that make a difference"? It from bit? Emergent properties of complex systems?

Attraction cannot be "bought".. The hot chick that marries the fat wallet old dude to become his trophy wife takes a sacrifice of money/wealth over looks/body/physicality etc... But it is not a math equation where everything "balances out and becomes equal"... No amount of money in the world can substitute passion and desire and youth... So in the end she is still left looking at greener pastures... SAME with personality... Personality canNOT make UP for LOOKS... The human brain is actually three brains and each cares only about its only aspect... Lust and Love and Beauty and Avarice do not mix... The point is a ugly and beautiful couple together someone is ALWAYS making a bad sacrifice...
    Sometimes the beautiful woman actually has a brain and isn't a gold digger.. what then? Maybe she actually likes the guy because of the way he thinks... how he makes her feel... and albeit he's not a hunk, but she likes how he has that cute way about him.

Lust and love can be found in the same relationship... I know it's definitely in mine .

I never made the claim that beauty was seeking out of avarice... you made that assumption all on your own..

And the final bit... beauty is in the eye of the beholder... what is beautiful to some maybe ugly to others... so if you see a beautiful woman with an ugly man... the woman herself may think he's a good-looking guy.

In either case, personality compatibility tends to win out... and if it's not in a beautiful-beautiful relationship it will eventually fail... Personality compatibility can be offered as a means to bridge the gap between one of great physical appearance and one of lesser... because they are comfortable in the relationship.. even happy.

- James Allen

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast