+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Space?

Space?

Hi all, been a long time since I posted here and since then my relationship has gone downhill a little.

We're past the "Honeymoon stage" now and at the rocky point.

She said she wants some space while she sorts things out at home (I've been round there and it can get bad) but I'm worried that she's going by the easy path of breaking up.

I did some searching of what "Space" means and I've been given signs from her that she is still interested in me (Like I'll not text for a while and then she'll casually text and ask what I'm up to or randomly say "I Love You xxxxx") but sometimes I'm not convinced as she's done a few things to break my trust for her.

What I'm asking is how should I go about it? Should I keep at what I'm doing and let her initiate operation text or something else? At the end of last year we were arguing a lot but that was because I hate december and xmas always makes me stressed and I'll get snappy at people (Who doesn't?) and she's working on various school projects. We've said to each other why we're being like this and being the new year I'm giving her another chance.

There sometimes comes days or nights when we'll be texting and keep saying "I love you more" and we'll always text each other goodnight with "I love you" at the end.

Is there anything else I can do because I really do hate the thought of losing the girl I love most and I don't like the thought of being with anyone else. I'm just confused right now and need some help please.

Sorry about the ramble =/
    We're not all that bad you know

Quote Originally Posted by sir_vile_minds View Post
    What I'm asking is how should I go about it?
    Do your own thing until you hear from her otherwise. Pretend she's out of town for an extended period of time and you don't know when she will be back.

I don't know your expectations and time limit, you may want to discuss with her a deadline for when the break / space thing will be over. I think it's fair.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Time........
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Is there anything else I can do because I really do hate the thought of losing the girl I love most and I don't like the thought of being with anyone else. I'm just confused right now and need some help please.

Sorry about the ramble =/
    Either she is going to go, or she isn't. All you can do is have faith in yourself and your worth to her. Give her time, and if she goes, you'll heal, and then go find someone else.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Thanks for the replies. Like you and I have said I'll give it time. I just needed a 2nd opinion to make sure I'm doing the "Right" thing.

I have my own hobbies (guitar mainly) so that'll keep me occupied and take my mind off things I guess.

Thanks.

look just do something rather than waitn all day for her goddam text. get busy. stop the clingy-guy effect for awhile. then maybe she'll realize your importance when she startz missin you.

It's like the others said up there. She's either going to continue to be with your or she'll break up with you. You have no control over that. If she stays with you then good, create some sparks in the relatiosnhip again and if she leaves you then she does, you can't force someone to stay.

Just do your own thing and be your own person. You can't allow anyone to be your enitre life.
    "Guilt is like a sack of bricks...all you have to do is set it down."

"No Expectations. No Disappointments."

- Sheepingly

I dunno if I said it on my first post but from now on I'm just going to let her chase after me. You've made me realise if she wants to talk to me she will and I can't force her to by texting her etc etc.

I've also always known that I can't stop her from leaving me, I just don't want it to happen.

I dunno if I said it on my first post but from now on I'm just going to let her chase after me. You've made me realise if she wants to talk to me she will and I can't force her to by texting her etc etc.

I've also always known that I can't stop her from leaving me, I just don't want it to happen.
    I know how you feel. Going through the same thing myself. My friends tell me the same thing, if he wants to talk to me then he will and I can't force him to, otherwise it'll just create more problems

Well at the end of last year I was a bit pushy but that was partly because it was December, the time I become like a woman with PMT but I've changed my act now and after the second opinions, I know what I'm gonna see {see above}.

EDIT: I think she just doesn't want any contact with me or want to be with me any more. There's a few things: In the past she would always tell me when she was on msn and right now she's on but hasn't told me. She had another boy's name in her msn tagline where I couldn't see it (I'm using a different messenger) and on facebook I said "Happy birthday. Love you xxxxx" and that comment got deleted then today I commented again saying something else and that was deleted and she hasn't been in contact with me all night. Something had happened today and all she said was "cba to explain" when in the past she promised to tell me things. God I'm so confused right now... I'm just gonna let her do all the chasing. I'm not going on facebook any more mainly due to the fact it's lost it's attraction.

GAH!!!
    Last edited by sir_vile_minds; 08-01-09 at 04:35 AM.