+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems with this forum.

Is it just me or has this discussion degraded into the ridiculous?

Dasein... if you don't like the 'mentality' of the forum... you are not obligated to remain... This is one of those things that you take it 'as is' or you move on... kind of like a used car.

Waiting for a bunch of people to act in a manner you want is wasting time. Just like any other situation in life... you either like how people act or you don't... beyond that, there's not much else you can do.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    Is it just me or has this discussion degraded into the ridiculous?
    Well, all topics here are ridiculous.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We thread-jacked it on purpose, Dalia. You are spoiling it, babe. Post something off-topic or else.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    We thread-jacked it on purpose, Dalia. You are spoiling it, babe. Post something off-topic or else.

I got laid the other night... and it was GREAT!

Ah... life is grand..

(Though the 'Canadian Bacon' jokes from friends and family is starting to get kind of old... )
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Well, that's okay, we know your judgment is suspect, Cain. I love you anyway.

Heeeeeewwwhhh! Fight is ON! Bend over, because my newspaper is ready for you baby!
    And me allowing you to spank me in some kinky fashion would just help with the perception that my judgment is suspect.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    I got laid the other night... and it was GREAT!

Ah... life is grand..

(Though the 'Canadian Bacon' jokes from friends and family is starting to get kind of old... )
    Let me know when you want to bring in another girl and we could have some fun!*

*Picture required or offer is void.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    Well maybe if you explain your position a bit more.

But I mean, we have arguments on every thread. Regulars are always bickering/disagreeing with each other. So how does that explain a forum mentality?

It is true that some people might gang up on a particular issue, but they're bonded by their agreement, not out some alliance to a forum clique. On the next thread the same group that argued together on one point may take opposing views on another.

The poster in this thread is mostly just trying to be provocative, I think.

He may well be trying to be provocative.

Think about this thread as an example. I am sure there are people who agree with what I am saying but are specifically staying out of this thread because the consensus is disagreeing. It becomes an all out attack on one person. In this instance it is me who is being singled out because I think this place is a bit harsh on new people seeking advice. I don't know how many times Eco has been the brunt on an all out attack as well.

Sure I understand "tough love" but tough love isn't effective for a lot of people. People come here for advice, not to be constantly criticised.

While we are on this subject I think Cain said that I am a whiner..can't be bothered getting the quote. I have never complained before on this forum in any threads AT ALL.

Now I will wait for the myriad of responses telling me how wrong I am. This is the way it works..does it not? The cheese stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Let me know when you want to bring in another girl and we could have some fun!*

*Picture required or offer is void.

Still 'shopping' for a girl to share in a little ménage à trois. Since we both have similar tastes in women... shouldn't take too long...

Though at this rate... we may have to wait until after he returns from Iraq...

But it could make for one hell of a welcome home gift!

- James Allen

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    And me allowing you to spank me in some kinky fashion would just help with the perception that my judgment is suspect.
    True. But turning me down would also make your judgment suspect. So you can't win.

But wait. Does manipulating your puny brain like that make me a, what was it again, "snooty stuck up bitch" or something?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

True. But turning me down would also make your judgment suspect. So you can't win.

But wait. Does manipulating your puny brain like that make me a, what was it again, "snooty stuck up bitch" or something?

This is a loaded question if ever I saw one...

- James Allen

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its okay, Dalia. No UN peacekeeping forces required. Cain knows who holds the nukes.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasein View Post
    People come here for advice, not to be constantly criticised.
    Christ, this ain't a job, it's recreation.

But start giving more advice if it makes you feel better.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasein View Post

Think about this thread as an example. I am sure there are people who agree with what I am saying but are specifically staying out of this thread because the consensus is disagreeing. It becomes an all out attack on one person. In this instance it is me who is being singled out because I think this place is a bit harsh on new people seeking advice. I don't know how many times Eco has been the brunt on an all out attack as well.

Sure I understand "tough love" but tough love isn't effective for a lot of people. People come here for advice, not to be constantly criticised.
    I really don't think there's anyone too cowed to give their opinion. It is an internet forum after all. Not a workplace or a social group. There is no real risk in going against the grain. That's why I laugh when people boast about how they "speak their minds" - on a bloody forum.

The reason Eco copped so much flak is because she went through a stage of propounding irritatingly moronic and half-baked ideas and debating their merits to the bitter end. furthermore, I am sure she got a perverse pleasure out of provoking the forum members and on some level she was doing it deliberately.

It's true that the regulars interact with a sense of familiarity with one another, that may not extend to newcomers. But that's to be expected, surely.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

I saw this new thread and wondered where everyone was and why no one was jumping on it. I got up this morning and laughed my ass off!

So, Kyle is here with us on vacation. It's been great! Everyone is gettin along so well. The three of us are going over to Universal and Islands of Adventure tonight. It feels so great to be a family again.

Its funny cause I read the threads everyday but I feel like Ive posted to the same things for so long I just dont do it anymore. But its nice to read up on what everyones doing!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Who cares what he thinks? Let's change the subject.
    how disrespectful and rude.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast