+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Problems with this forum.

Good thing I wasn't sipping water when I read that.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    *sigh*

Everlovin, what I hate about ppl like you is that you gripe but don't offer anything useful by way of solution.

Anyway, perhaps you are right. I was only being mildly facetious with my 'feedback' comment.

So, since there are at least a few ppl here who think a subsection of the forum is "too hard" on some sensitive psyches, perhaps we can create a subsection specifically for them. We can call it the 'Advice for Pussies Only' section or something.

Actually, I was thinking of a 'For Sensitive Psyches Only' subforum, with a sticky that explicitly states NO bashing of the OP is allowed. That those ready for 'straight shooting' answers should post in the General Forum.

Will that suffice?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Everlovin View Post
    I'd have to agree and since they seem to be having such a fun time being little children I will now humbly bow out and allow them to do so.

They deserve to have some fun..after all it is their hard work that funds my snowboarding trip tommorow. Speaking of which I need to get some sleep, I am leaving early.
    it's funny because i just came back from snowboarding, therefore i must also have worked very hard for my trip. no my mommy and daddy didn't pay for it, i sold my ass on ebay to make ends meet.

anyways, back to what really matters... who do i have to beat up so i can steal another lunch ticket??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My problem with this forum lies in the fact that a troll attempts to egg us on and we give him eight pages of ego-stoking crap. I'm sure he's getting a real kick out of this thread.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    wowwieeee... look at all those thanks. i'm jealous. well....not really.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know, Grib. But this isn't the first time this complaint has been made and other posters, like Dasein, who I think quite reasonable and some others agree.

We have a subforum for the guys and gals. A crybaby subsection isn't that much of a concession. If ppl complain about the replies they get, they get directed to post there, instead of getting sent (or chased off) to an entirely new forum, which defeats some of LoveAdmins goals.

Anyway, its not up to me. Just a suggestion so we can move on.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I don't think these things are really "problems" with this forum.

I generally find the forum very useful and practical. People here aren't going to sugar coat it or dance around an answer to save you some tears, they tell it how it is.

These are real PEOPLE here, not an electronic database, everything is view post by post and assessed in the same way. You can't come to a forum, then have a problem with opinions, its like going on a safari then realizing you're a strong proponent for anti-gun laws.

The people here are real, the answers are real. We're going to be off color, wrong and conflicting from time to time because we are real.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    I generally find the forum very useful and practical. People here aren't going to sugar coat it or dance around an answer to save you some tears, they tell it how it is.
    I whole-heartedly agree. I originally came here asking for advice around August, which I got very direct responses (which I followed through...), and since then I have stuck with this forum, offering what (little) advice I can here and there.

The difference between this forum and other forums I've been to, is the focus is on our life experiences, and our views on living our lives. Someone posts a topic, pouring their life out there, and others respond with their life experiences, giving what they think is the right advice.

The people who post a problem, but defensively argue their opinion are a pain in the ass to watch.... but... c'est la vie "/

I'm pretty new here, but I'd have to agree that a fair bit of the time instead of answering questions people just try to be funny.
    It can be a little frustrating because in my opinion, threads that have great potential can be completely derailed by someone posting "You love cock!" or something like it.

I would definitely become a forum regular but because this behaviour is tolerated or possibly even encouraged I'm not 100% sure that I will.

The crybaby forum is a good idea, except I don't think anyone would post any replies.

The people that would post there are the ones that need a smack on the ass.

I would definitely become a forum regular but because this behaviour is tolerated or possibly even encouraged I'm not 100% sure that I will.
    Actually, threads usually don't get derailed immediately - it's only after some legitimate advice has been given. (Well, we think it's legitimate, the original poster often doesn't because it doesn't tell him what he wants to know.) The nice thing is that when, like me, you like to post whiny venting threads just to let off steam, people know to just ignore them, but when you have a legitimate problem, people respond accordingly.
    Last edited by lovesjoyajm; 08-01-09 at 11:43 PM.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I know, Grib. But this isn't the first time this complaint has been made and other posters, like Dasein, who I think quite reasonable and some others agree.

We have a subforum for the guys and gals. A crybaby subsection isn't that much of a concession. If ppl complain about the replies they get, they get directed to post there, instead of getting sent (or chased off) to an entirely new forum, which defeats some of LoveAdmins goals.

Anyway, its not up to me. Just a suggestion so we can move on.
    One problem immediately jumps to mind. If a 45 year old deadbeat turns up in that sanctuary to ask for relationship advice regarding his 15 year old lover I'm not going to be able to contain myself. And as sad as it is, you know that crap is all too common on this forum.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

it's true, i do have many (whats considered crazy) ideas and also need the last word, it's an illness i have sometimes, i did enjoy it and everyone knew that, i have to say tho whenever i saw newbies getting a harsh time of it (which is quite a common occurrence) i always have my say, and anytime i had a strong opinion i always expressed it and still will. it always makes me laugh when there's a fight on, it becomes about who can come up with the smartarse answer quicker, completely childish i know but has indeed helped me get thru getting over my ex. i feel attached to it because of that. i think everyone had fun berating my opinions so it’s all good as far as i'm concerned.

i will always stand up for newbies when i see they are getting a hard time. being here is not about taking other people's comments seriously after-all this is the internet and no-one here knows each other well enough to take real serious offense.

a forum is like any society imo, there will always be people who stick by one another and who tend to have the same opinions, it's a fact of life and can be unfair when other people on their own are ganged up on for having a different opinion. But at the end of the day it’s the internet. I find the regulars give some absolutely great advice too.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 09-01-09 at 01:54 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by yegdulps View Post
    I'm pretty new here, but I'd have to agree that a fair bit of the time instead of answering questions people just try to be funny.
    It can be a little frustrating because in my opinion, threads that have great potential can be completely derailed by someone posting "You love cock!" or something like it.

Really? People are posting this? Where?

I don't know about everyone else, but I generally reply to the OP. No one ever complains that I'm not answering the OP. The complaints I receive are that I'm too mean.
    I don't chase, I replace.

if i ever need any serious advice i usually would go to the following people for it in that particular order: Misha, Eco, Indi, Vashti.

everyone else is a joke, no offense. I mean their opinions are purely for entertainment purposes.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    if i ever need any serious advice i usually would go to the following people for it in that particular order: Misha, Eco, Indi, Vashti.

everyone else is a joke, no offense. I mean their opinions are purely for entertainment purposes.
    Ehh? Ehhhh?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast