+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I cheated...

I cheated...

I am using my friends account to post this because I am having alot of trouble with it. I have cheated on my current girlfriend twice with my ex, but not because my current girl does not mean the world to me. I am in love with her, its just that from my past I have had several girls that I have felt I was in love with cheat on me, so now, in my mind it seems as though I might as well cheat because the girl will hurt me one way or another. I am cheating because I am insecure and I dont know what to do. It's not because I am an ass I just have trust, and I feel horrible.. i dont know what to do, so insecure that it has forced me to hurt my relationship before they hurt me
    How we survive is what makes us who we are.

Tell her. She has a right to know.

She will probably dump you, and rightfully so. But even if she doesn't, I don't think you should be in a relationship until you can get over your insecurities.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Sounds like you need to resolve some personal issues. Do you really think it's OK to sleep with someone outside of the relationship? Do you really disrespect their health and life that much?
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

You know not everyone is suited for serious, exclusive and long-term relationships. The sooner you admit this and start living your life differently the better for your self esteem.

There is absolutely NO reason for cheating. Now be a man and grow some balls.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Zehx View Post
    I am cheating because I am insecure and I dont know what to do.
    Well, above lies the answer on what you should be doing.

Leave your gf after explaining to her that you cheated on her because you are insecure and now you need to resolve this insecurity on your own.

Then stay single until this insecurity is resolved.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Yep. Like everyone said. You cannot be in a healthy relationship until you resolve your issues. You are not ready to be in a relationship. After you solve your problems determine whether you are fitted for serious relationships.

There are no good excuses for cheating.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tell your girlfriend the truth and take what's coming to you. If you really love her as you say, you wouldn't have done it in the first place.......but since you did, don't compound the situation by lying to her about it.

Also, what everyone else said. Stop dating until you grow out of your insecurity. Insecurity is the hugest poison in a relationship. I was going to say lack of trust was the worst, but it's bred by insecurity, so you need to deal with that issue asap.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Experience will help you to get over your insecurities... Seeing that people do keep their word... realizing that there are people out there with strong enough moral fiber to do the 'right thing,'... but you will need time to see this... time to learn to accept this as more than a possibility, but as real - something you could be capable of doing... and something that whoever you find yourself with are capable of doing.

At the moment you need to tell her... let her make her decisions on what to do on her end. Then take the time alone to realize how important happiness in life is to you... is it worth taking the chance and have faith that someone could be true to you? Is it worth the risk of being hurt... to be happy?

These things take time... it's all dependent on how long it takes to convince yourself that people can be trustworthy, that you too can be trustworthy... and more importantly you can find happiness in life.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Awww ... you have conflictions! too damn bad!

The fact is that you have placed your penis inside of another girl's vagina outside a committed relationship and you are looking for absolution based on a pseudo psychological excuse.

You are a cheater ... own up to it!

Carl.

Carl may be blunt... but he's right... own up to being a cheater... stop blaming other things and realize this was a choice you made. Learn a little self-control... we are far more than our impulses.

You are responsible for the choices you make and held accountable for the actions you take.

Make the choice to do the 'right thing' and learn to have the fortitude to 'follow through' with it... and I promise you will have a far greater chance of happiness in life.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Tell her. She has a right to know.
    Don't you even think about hiding it from her, you need to take what coming to you looking straight at it.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger