+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Issues

Issues

I meant to ask about this earlier but completely forgot.

When I was going through everything I went through with my ex, two things in particular would start to happen at different times. This is all after we were broken up and going through the problems we went through.

First, when I would talk to her on the phone, it was as if my mouth stopped producing saliva. It would get extremely dry and I couldn't get it moist without drinking. This only happened when talking to her.

Second, the times where she completely led me on and then I found out that she actually had a new bf, it felt as if all of my body heat left. I was shivering and extremely cold. Now, my computer is in the basement and it naturally gets cold here in winter, but I can wear a sweater and be fine except for my feet. But I'm saying that I would just start shivering uncontrollably. I would have to walk upstairs and stand in front of the fire and I'd still be shivering.

Anyone know what could have been the problem?
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    First, when I would talk to her on the phone, it was as if my mouth stopped producing saliva. It would get extremely dry and I couldn't get it moist without drinking. This only happened when talking to her.

Second, the times where she completely led me on and then I found out that she actually had a new bf, it felt as if all of my body heat left. I was shivering and extremely cold. Now, my computer is in the basement and it naturally gets cold here in winter, but I can wear a sweater and be fine except for my feet. But I'm saying that I would just start shivering uncontrollably. I would have to walk upstairs and stand in front of the fire and I'd still be shivering.
    Cain, I think these sound like normal symptoms and after effects of emotional pain associated with break up.

First sounds like a regular case of dehydration which is a usual affect when dealing with an anxiety causing subject

Second sounds like an after affect of severe anxiety.

They sound like physiological manifestations of an understandable psychological issue. I don't think there's anything wrong with you. But if you want to know for sure, please see a doctor. Noone on this forum is really qualified to give a professional medical opinion over the net.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I was just curious. I've experienced the whole dry mouth thing before, but I've never experienced the sever cold that I felt those few times.

I wanted to jump into a boiling pot. I was freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    They sound like physiological manifestations of an understandable psychological issue. I don't think there's anything wrong with you. But if you want to know for sure, please see a doctor. Noone on this forum is really qualified to give a professional medical opinion over the net.
    Like Mish said, your body has a lot of control over how it expresses things like tension, anxiety, etc. It's why when I'm stressed I go straight for drinking a lot of water to help keep my system flushed out.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Fight, flight response Cain. Stress. You know this from your studies. Adrenaline, noradrenaline and all that.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight-or-flight_response[/url]

If you find your anxiety getting the better of you, tho, do go see a doc for some antianxiety meds.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Fight, flight response Cain. Stress. You know this from your studies. Adrenaline, noradrenaline and all that.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight-or-flight_response[/url]

If you find your anxiety getting the better of you, tho, do go see a doc for some antianxiety meds.
    Well, it never persisted. It would happen and then I'd eventually overcome it. It was just weird. I'd never experienced that before.

Cain, it is all about your mind. Like LITE said, it is all about a body reaction to your emotional feelings.Everyone has a different way of reacting. There are people that cried like crazy and others that get raved. Nothing to worry about. A way to control it is to be aware of it and whenever it happens try to control it with you head. Like saying " I know this is a emotional reaction, I'm fine and have completely control over it." Trust me, this is a psychological way of control. IT works 100 %. Try it.

I've experienced the freezing cold thing before too. It's as if my body is telling me to crawl into bed and stay there. Once, during a big blowout fight with my husband that lasted days, I was freezing cold for something like eight hours straight.
    Spammer Spanker

como me duele este frio aqui en mi camaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

De veras. En mi cama tambien.
    Spammer Spanker