+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do you feel towards your long-term partner?

How do you feel towards your long-term partner?

To women who have been with the same man for at least several years - could you try to put into words how you regard and feel about your partner? And how that feeling has changed and evolved over time, as well as how satisfied you are with what you feel towards him, and why?

many thanks

Uhm, all people and relationship dynamics are unique. Why would you want to pattern yourself off of someone else?
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    Uhm, all people and relationship dynamics are unique. Why would you want to pattern yourself off of someone else?
    Was that meant for another thread?
    If not, then I'm not sure what you're saying. I meant nothing about copying anyone else, I just asked the question.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Fondness, most days. Some times wanting to bury him head first in the back yard. Other things too depending on the moment.

Does this help tho?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Fondness, most days. Some times wanting to bury him head first in the back yard. Other things too depending on the moment.

Does this help tho?
    Yea to some extent.

I'm just trying to hear what other women have to say about it. Obviously it's related to what my girlfriend said she felt, and didn't feel, towards me. Since she's never been in another relationship, and of course nor have I, we didn't really know whether what we felt was all there was that one could feel, if you know what I mean. I was very happy with what I felt towards her, but I think she had kind of unrealistic expectations in a way.

Maybe this should be in a neutral sub-forum and anyone could answer, if they stated their gender?

thanks a lot

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A lot of young ppl over romanticize their relationships. Its unrealistic to expect the super-intense infatuation feelings to last. But its also unrealistic to expect 'firsts' to understand this. It takes most ppl several goes at relationships (or marriages!) to understand the 'same-shit, different person' idea behind the end of the honeymoon stage.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

sometimes it's heaven. sometimes it's hell.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

To quote Avenue Q. The more you love someone, the more you want to kill them!
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post

Does this help tho?
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    sometimes it's heaven. sometimes it's hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    To quote Avenue Q. The more you love someone, the more you want to kill them!
    See? The flux is normal.

Just try to get 'in synch' with each other. Its those out of synch periods (one loves, the other hates) where things can get pretty miserable for everyone, lol.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I agree with most of the post so far. Some days can be just so awesome, while other days, i just want to strangle him. I do feel love for him all the time though, or else I would not still be with him. I feel that he needs to keep giving me the attention that I deserve. It's sometimes too easy for him to get caught up in what he's doing so that he almost forgets I even exist. But in the end, communication really is a key. It's good to talk about how you feel about each other at points in a relationship that way things can be "fixed," do things differently, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by ilovepanties View Post
    I do feel love for him all the time though, or else I would not still be with him.

What does that comprise? Is it an entirely abstract feeling that you just happen to have, and that you go along with? Or can you sort of break it down into 'real' things?

Quote Originally Posted by and_for_what View Post
    What does that comprise? Is it an entirely abstract feeling that you just happen to have, and that you go along with? Or can you sort of break it down into 'real' things?
    I love him for who he is and what he does; even though he does do some things that gets on my nerves. I know he loves me back as well. It's different for every person and every relationship. It's one of those things that's hard to explain, but you know its there.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovepanties View Post
    I agree with most of the post so far. Some days can be just so awesome, while other days, i just want to strangle him. I do feel love for him all the time though, or else I would not still be with him. I feel that he needs to keep giving me the attention that I deserve. It's sometimes too easy for him to get caught up in what he's doing so that he almost forgets I even exist. But in the end, communication really is a key. It's good to talk about how you feel about each other at points in a relationship that way things can be "fixed," do things differently, etc....
    Aren't you a college kid? How long-term of a relationship do you have?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Aren't you a college kid? How long-term of a relationship do you have?
    I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years

If this is their first partner then prepare to **** it up with all sorts of unnecessary emotions and unrealistic expectations.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe