+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Typical abandonement

Typical abandonement

Hey all.

A little less than a week ago my girlfriend broke up with me. When i got home that day (I'm in high school) I noticed that she was talking to her ex again. Now, her ex is an asshole, and has used her as a stepping stone before, but she claims that the mere IDEA for talking to him didn't come until after the breakup.

I believed this, thinking "Well.. maybe she just feels more comfortable talking to him about it all"

FYI... she told me the breakup was because of stress from the school musical (a very solid claim, until i noticed she was completely fine with the breakup. I mean 5 solid months without a single fight or anything wrong at all and she's okay with it? it was fishy)

Anyway, i found out that she had been talking to him since about 5 days before the breakup, therefore her claim about talking to him was a blatant lie. This can only lead me to believe that the breakup was because he is back in her life.

I think I've already ruined any chances of getting back with her, because i stupidly contacted her about it and didn't actually research what i should have done (ex: give her space and let her know i can live without her). Anyway, she has been saying things in her away messages things that are obviously directed towards him. Things like "i want to believe you love me, but i don't" and "i won't let you use me as your stepping stone, take it all or leave me alone".

So she obviously wants to be with him, but wants him to actually love her.

My question is: Even though i was sweet, romantic, exciting, attractive, and generous, she went back to this asshole that treats her like crap. What's going on? Is this because women (or at least high school girls) are simply attracted to a relationship that could go away at any second?

I mean.. if i had held the relationship on a string would she have been begging for me back? I just want to know what's going on here.

She still has feelings for her ex... and such feelings make fools of us all - if we let them. I really don't think this has anything to do with what you did or didn't do. This seems to have more to do with her following her feelings and not really thinking things out. Plus, if her ex is trying to get her back... he may be trying to discredit you as well.

I'd let her go, if I were you... because if she were to come back to you, it'd be because you were a rebound -- second best.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Love sucks, donnit?

Lucky for you, you are young. This is a good experience for you. Soon the women in your life will convert you into a manipulating, selfish asshole and then they will love you and want to be with you. But then you will just use them and they will complain how all men are assholes.

Such is the circle of life. If there were no women in the world and babies grew on trees, life would be so much more honest and better. Football and beer is all we ever really need.

Quote Originally Posted by lost1976 View Post
    Love sucks, donnit?

Lucky for you, you are young. This is a good experience for you. Soon the women in your life will convert you into a manipulating, selfish asshole and then they will love you and want to be with you. But then you will just use them and they will complain how all men are assholes.

Such is the circle of life. If there were no women in the world and babies grew on trees, life would be so much more honest and better. Football and beer is all we ever really need.
    Hey, not every woman is like that. There are still decent women out there waiting for their true love, his ex just happened to be another girl that is still clinging to the previous relationship, well we all do sometimes, don't we? I don't speak for all the women but not every one of them is like that. I still believe there are good men out there even though my 2 ex-boyfriends are both cheaters and liars. There's always a reason for you to meet wrong/right people. I've found this quote a while ago and I really want to share it here:

Life doesn't give you the people you want, it gives you the people you need.

To help you,

to hurt you,

to love you,

to leave you,

& to make you into the person you were meant to be.

Just take it as a lesson. Dun ever lose the faith and trust in people.
    Bet you never thought that I could break you. Did you think that I would look the other way? Yeah you had it all figured out.
    But tell me who's the one who's crying now =)