+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My guy's best mate is being possessive!

My guy's best mate is being possessive!

Hi!

Just wondering if nayone has any similar experience or would like to offer some advice.

I have been dating my new guy for about four months. His best mate is a girl and she's very possessive of him. She's married with two little kids but she calls my guy whenever she needs an extra hand, plus she comes round his house a couple of nights a week.

She sees him every Sunday and when he suggested I come along this Sunday she went mad at him and said it wasn't personal against me but she wants to keep their Sundays for them. Fair enough, except she wants us to go to her house on the nights that I see him!!! He said he felt he was having to choose between me and his mates, so I told him that he should see her and I would go home and see him during the week. I assume she's worried that I might steal him away ( I wouldn't), but equally I wish that he had stood up for me and us. He's really annoyed with her approach but I don't think he will say anything to her.

My question is: I'm worried she's going to be really difficult and I'm not sure how to manage this situation. Do I let this one go and if it happens again say something? Or do I talk to him and ask him if he can let her know firmly, but fairly that he has someone else in his life.

He's not very experienced in relationships - we're both 36.....

Thanks for any advice!

Quote Originally Posted by greeneyedtaurus View Post
    She sees him every Sunday and when he suggested I come along this Sunday she went mad at him and said it wasn't personal against me but she wants to keep their Sundays for them.
    This is a HUGE red flag. You need to sit down with your boy friend and make it very clear you're not going to ride in the backseat here. He should have stood up for you and he needs to fix it pronto.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger