+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I follow up on her offer?

Should I follow up on her offer?

After work the other night I had several friends from work come over to my place to hang out. One of the girls that came over is a girl that I have a crush on. I'd say we have a good friendship growing. I've known her for about 5 months, and we work at the same store together.

While she was over she did my dishes (I live in a house with 4 other guys, so there was a stack in the sink). I really don't know why she did them, but we ended up putting them away together and it was fun. During this dish washing process she commented on how she should come over and do this more often. I just chuckled and made comments like "I'll hold you to that" and stuff.

The hang out continued and we had a ton of fun. At the end of the night as my friends were all leaving she said something along the lines of coming back over to play some Call of Duty over Xbox Live.

Now I sit here thinking that maybe I should take her up on those offers. Maybe I should invite her over some night for a hang out night. I know she could have been just saying these things, and being playful but a good part of me wants to believe that she really wants to come spend time with me.

I don't have her number yet. In the time that we've known each other I haven't had a need to get it. A good male friend of mine, who is also good friends with her, just sets up all these hang-outs that we've done. I know I could get the number from him if I ask. I would personally like to ask her, but I don't know when I will work with her next because in the 3 months I've worked at the store, I've actually only worked with her twice.

Should I ask my friend to ask her if its ok for me to have her number, and contact her? Should I actually act on her playful offers and invite her over?

She comes over...does your dishes...wants to play video games? Man, this girl is sounding great already!!

Go for it man!

It doesn't hurt to try
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I would say shes got a thing for you from what I see.

DON'T have your friend ask for her number, thats something YOU need to do. She will think you're a wuss, you need to go find her and ask for it. Being assertive is half the battle.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it is okay for your friend to tell her you'd like to call her, and ask if it's okay to pass along her number. (It's NOT okay for him to just give you her number without asking her first.) I can't see any harm at all.

I also think it is okay to joke about having her come over to do your dishes again, but when she shows up, you had better have that kitchen clean already. Also, don't get stuck in the video game routine. Take the girl on a proper date if she wants to get together again.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think it's fine for you to ask your mutual friend for her number. When he's asking her if it's ok, he may point out that you asked him as you didn't know when you would see her next. Would have been good if you'd asked her on the night at your place but obviously no point thinking about that now.

Anyway, it sounds like she likes you. Whether it's as a friend or more it's hard to tell but there's definitely no harm in trying to progress the relationship.
    Last edited by Maldini; 13-01-09 at 08:37 AM. Reason: typo

was there alcohol involved?
    if not than i'd say it's cool to, not invite her over, but set up a hang-out... she's probably diggin' ya

If you are interested in dating her then ask her on a date. It sounds like she would say yes. I would advise against just inviting her over for a hang out night. Its sounds a little too buddy buddy. Get her on a date date so you can see if you guys mesh in that arena.

Of course if just want a friend, then go ahead and be buddy buddy.
    Last edited by AirbenderAang; 13-01-09 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks for all your responses guys! You've all given me something to think about.

I'd like to get her number on my own. I found out we work a similar shift together close to 2 weeks from now.

Oh, and to answer your question glow. There was no alcohol involved. If there was then I would've get excited about this situation that I am in.

EDIT : I want to add in that the video game thing was all her idea. She mentioned it several times. I know that she really isn't into video gaming. She told me she has an SNES to play Mario Bros. and Mortal Kombat but that's about it. My guess is that she was trying to give me a reason to invite her over or something. Now that I think about, I can't believe I was stupid and missed that at the time. It was only after she left that I really thought about it... and well that's the reason I created this thread.
    Last edited by 3mK; 13-01-09 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something

make an effort than, i'm gonna say the chick is diggin you, even if not in a crush way, she must think you're pretty cool to be friends with at the very least.

Definitely go for it, she sounds like a cool girl!

However, I would like to emphasize what the previous poster said...ask her for the number YOURSELF.

See if there's anything you can do for her to reciprocate for the dishes thing (like lifting heavy objects or something). She'll like that.
    Spammer Spanker

Sounds like you just found the coolest girl ever.
    You're my chorus, my refrain
    The verse of my first pain