+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long distance relationships

Long distance relationships

one of my closest friends (its really not me its one of my friends) started going out for like 5 days with this girl who used to live where we live (dominican republic) but she left because shes studying in new york i think, or somewhere in the states. the point is he kinda fell for her, even though we all told him not to take it to seriously because she would be leaving in 5 days, and she kinda fell for him also.

he still belives that theres a chance it could work out, i think thats a doomed relationship and that the longer he waits to stop talking to her (he has been talking to her ever since she left, over the phone and through msn) the harder it will be to let her go, and he will sufer more.

i just wanted to ask is he right or am i right? is there any chance something like that could actually last?

There's a chance, sure.

There's also a chance I could win the lottery.

Personally, I'd only deal with such a great distance if the relationship was established. It surely wouldn't be with someone I've known for five days.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Tell him to stop it. He's making things harder on her, and it's hard enough, I promise.
    Spammer Spanker

ha ha ha well ill see what i can do cause the moron keeps talking to her

Let the man live his life. He needs to see how far he want to take this relationship. If he falls hard, be there for him. IMO A friend lets there friends fly to their dreams and are there to catch them if they fall.

When he looks back at his life..... He thank you for being thiere instead of being the "NO NO NO NO Person"

I was in a Long Distance Relationship for 6 years and it was some of the most memorable and loving years of my life. too bad she turned materialistic.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LDRs almost never work. For lots of reasons.

Hell, most relationships don't last, so just factor your LDR to decrease your chances by 10X.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I understand your concerns for him but really it is his life. I'd say sit down with him once and ONLY once and talk him through it.
    From personal experience I can say that LDR relationships dont work even if you do meet up once a month or a little more. There is so much lost when you cant physically see them and be with them.