+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She embarrassed me in public

She embarrassed me in public

So after months of being ignored and no contact from a girl that claimed was "in love" with me, I ran into her on the bus on my way back from work. When she saw me she turned around as if she didnt see me. I approached and called her name very cheerfully and said its good to see you. She didn't say anything and turned her back to me. Not to cause any further public embarassment to myself, I waited to get off the bus. I saw her and confronted her and asked whats wrong with her, and she started literally "running" away. Who does that? I didnt chase after because I would have looked like an attacker, but I was just left there stunned.

I understand why she couldn't be with me (committed to her boyfriend) but to run away like that is perplexing and embarassing. I don't ever plan on contacting her ever again, even if I ever run into her, but can someone tell me what happened?

she was mortified with embarrassment coz she had been ignoring you, childish, how old is she?
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

she is same age as me, 24. I've never been avoided like that and had always been nice to her.

Taking your post at face value, she sounds like a real flake.

I personally think you should have been the one running away.

Carl.

Psycho. Run the other way. Run faster and farther.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Did you leave her with the impression you were stalking her? Because she sounds SCARED to me.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I don't think so and I truly hope I didn't come across as one. I have always made her laugh and smile before. I hadn't see her in over 2 months and I tried emailed her wishing her happy holidays last month and sent her flowers a week after we stopped seeing each other to tell her that I hope she was okay. Last time we were on the phone (2 months ago), she said was too busy to talk. When I saw her (when she ran) she mumbled she was too busy too talk and started to move fast.
    Last edited by goodguy85; 16-01-09 at 04:39 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why are you sending her flowers when you were broken up? It sounds like you won't let go, and that can be scary. Leave her alone.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I sent her flowers because when she said she couldn't see me anymore, she cried her eyes out. I sent her flowers to tell her that I hope she feels better. She called me immediatly to say no-one had ever sent her flowers before and she loved them. After that was when we had no contact for 2 months

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Dude.

Don't worry about why she did what she did.

Just take that as a sign that you should stay clear for now on.

Sorry OP, but the fact that she literally ran away made me laugh my ass off.

You can hate me if you'd like, though.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by goodguy85 View Post
    I don't think so and I truly hope I didn't come across as one. I have always made her laugh and smile before. I hadn't see her in over 2 months and I tried emailed her wishing her happy holidays last month and sent her flowers a week after we stopped seeing each other to tell her that I hope she was okay. Last time we were on the phone (2 months ago), she said was too busy to talk. When I saw her (when she ran) she mumbled she was too busy too talk and started to move fast.
    I was going to say she sounded pretty immature until I read this.

WTF? Sending her flowers? Calling her? She "loved you", but you aren't a couple? You sound awful casual about that.

I smell a rat here. Were you dating & broke up? My guess is you either broke up & have been stalking her, or you've been tormenting her somehow. Ppl don't just run like that for no reason, unless she is just nuts. Just b/c you send a girl flowers doesn't necessarily make you a nice guy.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy85 View Post
    I sent her flowers because when she said she couldn't see me anymore, she cried her eyes out. I sent her flowers to tell her that I hope she feels better. She called me immediatly to say no-one had ever sent her flowers before and she loved them. After that was when we had no contact for 2 months
    Oh, you're a poor sap like me.

Nothing makes me feel so terrible as seeing a girl a care about cry.

And yes, it's amazing how you could do something so benevolent like send flowers after you've broken up and have it come across as you being some bad person or creep.

Maybe it's my severe business man mentality, but much like work in the real world, rewards come from what you've done moreso than what you're going to do. And sending a final gift or something in appreciation for good times you had while you were together doesn't indicate you want her back, but simply want to thank her for good times had.

Never ceases to amaze me why when people break up there comes an attitude like they're suppose to hate each other or something.

Provided you're not a creep and stalking, I'd say sending her flowers was a beautiful thing to do. Jesus would be proud (no joke).

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by kene View Post
    Oh, you're a poor sap like me.
    You can say that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    You can say that again.
    Yup, I learn hard way the expression "never trust the tears of a woman" and to be very careful who you feel sorry for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast