+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Wasted my Youth on a Failed Relationship

Hey dude. We're kind of in similar situations - though you were with your girlfriend for much longer than I was (only 2.5 years for me). She was my first girlfriend as well, and one of only two girls I've been friends with. The other killed herself a couple of years ago, lol

Check out some of my recent threads, they might have useful ideas in them. My "how to win her back" one is a bit gay, but the others might be worth looking at.

I know how you feel about "wasting" the time... although it's not as simple as wasting it, I think you agree. It's that it's such a shame that foundation couldn't grow into something more.
    I don't regret having lived how I lived so far, re: girls. I was 20 before I ever even kissed a girl, and I never had anything to do with them at school or anything. I had an amazing time with my last girlfriend and I'm not sad that it happened - just that it couldn't have continued.

Maybe I'll regret it when I'm older, but it won't make sense to. Yea I didn't live the usual young-man's life of ****ing lots of girls and partying, but then they didn't live the kind of life I did - and who's to say which is better? All I know is that if things hadn't been how they were, I wouldn't be the person I am today, and so I couldn't reasonably want to change my past.

How did you meet your last girlfriend, by the way? How did it get started?

Yes you did not waste your youth. You may have not "lived" it up to the way you would have if you were single but that doesnt mean at all that you wasted it. You were in a relationship that you had fun in and by no means should you regret it.
    I know how you feel also as I just ended a 3 year relationship and at times I think that I wasted it and the chances I had with other girls. But you really need to look at it in a positive light.
    Also like others said, you are 23 you are still young. Go out have the fun that you wanted to before and I'm sure you'll meet some awesome people.

Quote Originally Posted by and_for_what View Post
    She was my first girlfriend as well, and one of only two girls I've been friends with. The other killed herself a couple of years ago, lol
    Really? I'm sorry to hear that if it is so. I'm not sure if you were joking since I personally know how common suicide is these days.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Really? I'm sorry to hear that if it is so. I'm not sure if you were joking since I personally know how common suicide is these days.
    No it was serious - but yea it happens doesn't it, and people die young for other reasons. It's always tragic

Yes, I had a friend who died in a plane crash. He was training to fly. That was several years ago I am still disturbed about it.
    Another friend of a friend drown....actually I have many horror stories about people dying young. I guess that just life.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

This is kind of odd because I was talking about this last night with an old friend from high school. I was talking about how I didn't enjoy high school as much as I had liked to because of my ex. She always held me back and always wanted to spend time with me whenever I was free. Also a lot of the guys I hung out with weren't too fond of her(they had known what a bitch she was to the guy before me, I didn't) so it was always weird. That is the biggest regret I have when it came to high school. I wished I had not let her hold me back. The guys I was talking about were my teammates on my high school soccer team and we were all pretty close, but she made it really hard.

It still kind of hurts whenever I talk to them and they bring up how they did this or that and I wasn't there. After the breakup I decided to focus all my energy, hate, sadness into making myself a better person. I've gone out partying, friends are #2 now, after school of course. But I will never let another girl come in between me and good friends. Good friends are harder to come than a girlfriend. Lesson learned.

Take this experience as a lesson for future girlfriends, it was bound to end eventually. Relationships at that age almost never workout. It's incredible you two stayed together for that long. It's been just over a year since I broke up with my ex, and to be honest it still hurts just a little thinking about the crap she pulled. Everyone says the first one hurts the most...I wouldn't know. I've only had one.

But for you, right now you need TIME. Lots and lots of time to heal those wounds. Take some time off of dating and girls. Make more friends, enjoy life, take up a hobby or two, party, just enjoy yourself. This time is all about you, not someone else. This time is your time to make yourself a better person. If it weren't for my girlfriend I would have never taken up cycling. I used to go to the beach and just ride and ride to clear my mind. Since then I got hooked and now I'm addicted and in the best shape I've ever been.

Realize you will find someone else eventually, you've got tons of time to do the things you want and get married. It's normal to feel the desire for sex, touching, feeling wanted...that was probably the hardest part for me to get over. You'll get over it, just stay busy.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    are you kidding me... 23 is still young and there is so much time left to find another girl.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I really regret wasting my entire third grade year on Greg Allyn. He didn't even come to my ninth birthday party. I will NEVER get that time back. He just ruined everything.

And don't even get me started on wasting both fifth AND sixth grade on that Thomas Dietz. Think of all the other boys I could have shared the lunch in my Wonder Woman lunchbox with. Damn him to eternal flames.
    Spammer Spanker

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    my he-man will beat up your wonder woman any day.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I really regret wasting my entire third grade year on Greg Allyn. He didn't even come to my ninth birthday party. I will NEVER get that time back. He just ruined everything.

And don't even get me started on wasting both fifth AND sixth grade on that Thomas Dietz. Think of all the other boys I could have shared the lunch in my Wonder Woman lunchbox with. Damn him to eternal flames.
    You were a promiscuous little thing back then, weren't you?

23 means you still have a lot of time ahead of you.

You sound pathetic. I can say that because I was just as pathetic and wasted even more time than you because of 1 woman.

21-26ish was wasted for me.

But shit happens, nothing we can do but never let that shit happen again.

Once something is over, it's over. There is no longer a commitment and sacrifices made to the notion of "us". No more thinking how your decisions will affect the 2 of you. It's all about YOU now. Better learn how to survive on your own quick because the world will eat you up.

The time is gone. We can never ever ever ever ever ever get it back. But you and I can control what we do with our time NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post

damn you got around.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

That's right. I gave up the peanut butter AND the jelly.
    Spammer Spanker

HEY PEOPLE.
    reading this posts, a few of you have said that you have "wasted" time because of a failed relationship.
    Just because the relationship didnt work out doesn't mean youu wasted any time at all.
    You learn stuff and become a stronger person at the end of it - end being months to yrs. hahaahah

Quote Originally Posted by RiceMuncher View Post
    HEY PEOPLE.
    reading this posts, a few of you have said that you have "wasted" time because of a failed relationship.
    Just because the relationship didnt work out doesn't mean youu wasted any time at all.
    You learn stuff and become a stronger person at the end of it - end being months to yrs. hahaahah
    I LOVE your screen name. It's awesome.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast