+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Paying for dates

Vashti, your advice was awesome.

Thank you all... I think I know how to deal with this now

what? i am only being realistic while the rest of you are being idealistic. there's a difference.

while i give kudos to her for not giving it up easily, i would like to know how it progresses.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't you think anyone likes you enough to want to spend time with you if there wasn't any sex involved, indignant?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

That's what I want. To filter out all the ones who think sex is more important than compassionate love and being with me.

Indignant, you say "giving it up" as if sex were like leverage. I just don't want to be intimate with someone with whom I don't feel... well, intimate, heh.

I would like to know what are Indignant's success rates?

In other words why should we take your advice Indignant?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Don't you think anyone likes you enough to want to spend time with you if there wasn't any sex involved, indignant?
    well of course, but i don't have male boyfriends as i have mentioned before, i only have male friends. i really don't even remember what it's like being on a date. however i do know what my male friends are thinking in that regard.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    well of course, but i don't have male boyfriends as i have mentioned before, i only have male friends. i really don't even remember what it's like being on a date. however i do know what my male friends are thinking in that regard.
    Yes, but they don't have romantic feelings for you. I suspect if a girl knocked them off their feet, they'd feel otherwise.

Either that, or maybe they just aren't quality guys.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I can't imagine sex being nearly as great without the love component. Seems hollow somehow. Plus the anticipation during the first part is great!

To each their own though.

Even the players value the woman who waits. If he really likes her he will appreciate her more.

If he is not willing to wait then he was not the man for you and sex would not have changed that. However, it may keep him around just a little bit longer. But that's not really great, is it?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    I would like to know what are Indignant's success rates?

In other words why should we take your advice Indignant?
    success rate at what hon? what advice did i give?

Always splitting, I'd pay if I was quite a bit ahead financially, but splitting is perfectly fine and more or less expected.

Drop the games of offering to split it and then wanting him to decline, either he pays straight away and you stay silent or you split the bill.

Also, if its a really expensive meal many guys would probably end up expecting you to "repay"...In bed.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Yes, but they don't have romantic feelings for you. I suspect if a girl knocked them off their feet, they'd feel otherwise.

Either that, or maybe they just aren't quality guys.
    in the sense of money, i don't even take my wallet when we go out. it is russian tradition as well to pay for a girl. and since i am the only one in our crew they always cover for me no matter how many times i offered.

Quote Originally Posted by p3rson View Post

I can't imagine sex being nearly as great without the love component.
    what do you think about that Vashti? do we need to tell her that the love/infatuation period dissipates after a while?

in the sense of money, i don't even take my wallet when we go out. it is russian tradition as well to pay for a girl. and since i am the only one in our crew they always cover for me no matter how many times i offered.
    And then they expect you to sex them?

what do you think about that Vashti? do we need to tell her that the love/infatuation period dissipates after a while?
    Love != infatuation.

Infatuation dissipates, love often grows.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast