+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Paying for dates

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    What is the point that you are trying to convey to us?

If sex is not involved, then most guys will have an issue with paying for a girl. What is the take home message? To have sex? To not date? To pay for your date if he asks you out? What's your point?
    i am tired of 18 year old princesses using young professionals. there. got it?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    What is the point that you are trying to convey to us?

If sex is not involved, then most guys will have an issue with paying for a girl. What is the take home message? To have sex? To not date? To pay for your date if he asks you out? What's your point?
    Since when did Indig ever have a valid point in her arguments?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    but he also knows that she is a poor 18 year old girl who has values. i don't see him being interested for too long.
    Dig, I was suggesting this gal rethink her actions so that her motives are more consistent with her desired outcome. The advice I gave her will be longterm useful.

Is this current guy 26? I missed that, but I'd bet large sums of cash that someone has already posted that this guy is way too old for her right now.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Indi - I don't know what book you are talking about, but not many girls I knew were actually horny at 18. They just wanted love and power. Yes, their hormones are messed up, but that seemed to make the girls I knew kind of crazy - not especially horny.
    Kind of true. I'm only horny when in love.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Dig, I was suggesting this gal rethink her actions so that her motives are more consistent with her desired outcome. The advice I gave her will be longterm useful.

Is this current guy 26? I missed that, but I'd bet large sums of cash that someone has already posted that this guy is way too old for her right now.
    but anyone younger probably won't be able to afford her, right?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Indi - I don't know what book you are talking about, but not many girls I knew were actually horny at 18. They just wanted love and power, and they were willing to trade sex to get it. Yes, their hormones are messed up, but that seemed to make the girls I knew kind of crazy - not especially horny.
    I know you don't know what I'm talking about, that's why I'm saying get the book. Think of it as professional development. Its relevant, written by a lady MD/psychologist who deals with women's issues. As both a nurse and a mother, it will be of interest. Your husband will probably enjoy it also.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Since when did Indig ever have a valid point in her arguments?
    you know what Lipp, i hope you meet a girl like one day. who'll have great expectations of you, use you and then throw you out like a bloody rag.

I know you don't know what I'm talking about, that's why I'm saying get the book. Think of it as professional development. Its relevant, written by a lady MD/psychologist who deals with women's issues. As both a nurse and a mother, it will be of interest. Your husband will probably enjoy it also.
    from my experience, i was really horny at 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13. but waited until i was 19 to lose my virginity.

Dude, wtf. I'm not asking for fancy dinners, okay? I will say this ONE MORE TIME... it's about how I was raised and emotional reactions I tend to have. I was cool with you before you started being a jerk to me again.

I'm not using him. I would like to be with someone younger. I happened to fall for this guy. End of story.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So, she sets her price higher than you do. Her cost is love, commitment, and a $6 dinner once a week, and yours is half a dinner. So what? If you don't like your price, just change it. why should she lower hers?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey Dig, how are you hun?

I'm glad we got that misunderstanding yesterday all resolved.

You should make a thread sometime telling us about your experiences in Russia, as a russian woman. I'd find it rather interesting. It seems there are some assumptions in 'Western' dating culture that are not true in Russia. I'd certainly like to learn more.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

So, she sets her price higher than you do. Her cost is love, commitment, and a $6 dinner once a week, and yours is half a dinner. So what? If you don't like your price, just change it.
    we just had the whole women's rights issues thread. people don't have a price/cost. it's about morals and values. raising a daughter to expect something from men is absurd in this day and age.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by p3rson View Post
    Kind of true. I'm only horny when in love.
    Bingo! We have a winner.

Get the book Vash, lol.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Hey Dig, how are you hun?

I'm glad we got that misunderstanding yesterday all resolved.

You should make a thread sometime telling us about your experiences in Russia, as a russian woman. I'd find it rather interesting. It seems there are some assumptions in 'Western' dating culture that are not true in Russia. I'd certainly like to learn more.
    i've left Russia when i was 12, moved to Israel for 3 years, Canada for 3 years. and then the US. lost my virginity already here, a lot of my views have been americanized.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    raising a daughter to expect something from men is absurd in this day and age.
    I disagree. I believe everyone should expect things from EVERYONE they surround themselves with. The only thing negotiable is what the expectations should be.

Don't you believe men can be counted on for anything?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast