+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pick-Up Lines

Pick-Up Lines

I am running out of ideas. Please list below the best pick-up lines guys can use to pick up women. List "the approach" also. Thanks.

Sit on the stool next to them. "You must be from Pluto. Cause you're outta this world. . . " Then slide your stool closer to them, "And you have your own graviational pull . . ."

Alexi

I dont think I can pull off corny pickup lines appealingly. Usually, its just a 'hi' followed by introducing m'self.

Oh my gosh Alexi! That's a GREAT line! LoL Never heard the gravitational pull part before.

geezus, Alexi, no offense, but that was a bit extreme. You'd want to say something they can easily respond to.. For instance, if you were at a club, somehow approach up to a girl, and ask her opinion about certain element within the enviornment. Chances are she may have been to the same club before, so she probably already has an answer, and of course you may want to know much as possible about the place beforehand. Have a normal conversation. Your "pick-up line" isn't usually at the beginning, it happens in middle of conversing. Think of it as fishing, you're using a bait to lure the fish. The bait is the pick-up line. Also, telling a great story helps too. My rejcetion ratio is like 9:1, lol, so don't feel bad if you get rejected. Talking to an complete stranger isn't easy. This is why I'm asking if anyone has great ideas.

both sitting on a table, and you slowly run your fingers in a glass of water and flick it at the female. then say 'oh we better get you out of those wet clothes before you catch a cold' hahaha. never tried it though. Does those cheesy pick up lines actually work for people?
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Well, Kiechi, they've NEVER worked on me before. I like the good old fashioned honest approach. "Hey, how you doing? Haven't seen you here before. I'm (insert name here), what's your name?" Sounds boring, but it's so refreshing from those silly pick up lines. Of course, after you get to know someone a little, those lines become funny and great conversation starters the next time you see them.
    Last edited by Breezy18; 07-06-04 at 02:48 AM.

We had this conversation on pick up lines a couple of months ago-not even. They dont work on us females...be yourself.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

You could never be down with me, even if you were gravity..
    im the shit like mr.hanky

THROWING ROOTBEARS IN YO FRIDGE BEHATCH

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy18
    Well, Kiechi, they've NEVER worked on me before.
    Ouch! Well, I wasn't talking about corny pick-up lines either, and fyi, what you just described in your post is a pick-up line. Also, I see you've edited your post, was it a comment you wanted to add? Um, on second thought, nevermind.

Subtle, but good lines worked in the past:
    "You're very beautiful, can I ask you out sometimes?"
    "Can we go somewhere more quieter?" or "Wanna get out of here?"
    "I'd like to get to know you better."

Well, okay, may be it was wrong way to start out a thread, but I just wanted to know of some other ways to get the conversation going.

Quote Originally Posted by m0by
    fyi, what you just described in your post is a pick-up line. Also, I see you've edited your post, was it a comment you wanted to add? Um, on second thought, nevermind.
    uh.......well I KNOW it was a pick up line. When I said they never work, I meant the 'silly' ones. Like I said. Kiechi asked if the "cheesy" pick up lines work. But if someone is honest and just wants to start a conversation, they should be themselves.
    and FYI, the edit was because I noticed a typo. That's all. Perfectionist in me.

Yeah, I think I agree with Breezy. I never tried those corny pick-up lines with girls because I figured most wouldn't find it attractive or anything like that. I know hearing some pick-up lines just crack me up (just because they're really cheesy), and I figured if a girl told me that... well, it wouldn't exactly draw me to her. I sort of see pick-up lines as coming off as a little desperate... and I wouldn't want that. I also think it's better to be yourself, because once it comes down to a relationship... they SHOULD like who you are.

But, on the other hand, pick-up lines are a good way to get attention. I don't think they'd be a great way to get positive attention... but hey, I guess it might be worth a try, right?

Honesty, huh? Now who would of thought that works. j/k
    I think I better stop talking now before I swallow my own foot. Btw, I'm not one of those slimeballs who goes around with bad lines, if that's what anyone is thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by sfalexi
    Sit on the stool next to them. "You must be from Pluto. Cause you're outta this world. . . " Then slide your stool closer to them, "And you have your own graviational pull . . ."

Alexi
    O M F G ! ! !

BRILLIANT !!! I LOVE IT !

"Hey, you have really great hair."
    ("Thank you." [maybe with a smile or blushing])
    "But it'd look better on my pillow" [then growl and wink]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast