+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies (and some of you men): Fashion Advice

Ladies (and some of you men): Fashion Advice

Girls, some of these men work too hard to attract you and it seems to me that you dont even care as to how you present yourself to them. What you wear can and will definitely have an impact on the way he perceives you. So ladies, I'm here for you if you have any problems or questions about style and fashion. And this includes everything from actual garments, to make up, to hair, and shoes. So lay it on me. I would love to be of service

I know what you mean. I enjoy "dressing up" for my guy. (I'm usually business casual dressed daily anyway. )

Question: How do most men (or the average guy) like their woman's makeup? None, partial (lipstick, mascara), or the full works (with foundation, blush, etc)?

And the nails?

And the perfume/fragrances?

And the shoes?

Answer whatever
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    I know what you mean. I enjoy "dressing up" for my guy. (I'm usually business casual dressed daily anyway. )

Question: How do most men (or the average guy) like their woman's makeup? None, partial (lipstick, mascara), or the full works (with foundation, blush, etc)?

And the nails?

And the perfume/fragrances?

And the shoes?

Answer whatever

lmao, "the full works," girl you are something else. the truth is, however, alot of men prefer their women to be natural, or with minimun make up. if you do wear make up, make sure it is on point. Maybe some lip gloss, and if you have blemishes that you dont like, make sure the foundation is applied lightly, and that it is not cakey. Blush, just leave it alone. Maybe, just maybe contoured cheek bones work, as long as its not too obvious.

As far as the nails go, I've noticed that straight men like french manicures, but in the fashion world, we all now that doesnt fly.

And the shoes, honey, men love heels. They'd rather see you in heels than sneakers or flats.

I like it light on the make up. Just some eye liner makes girls look really attractive for some reason. Has to do with that entire brain picks up big black eyes as cute and sexy for some reason. Other than that to much make up on the girl looks lame.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by DharmicLove View Post
    Girls, some of these men work too hard to attract you and it seems to me that you dont even care as to how you present yourself to them. What you wear can and will definitely have an impact on the way he perceives you. So ladies, I'm here for you if you have any problems or questions about style and fashion. And this includes everything from actual garments, to make up, to hair, and shoes. So lay it on me. I would love to be of service
    oooh, i love this topic! i need to know your age, height, weight, breast size though. it all makes a huge difference. can you upload a picture?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Natural beauty is the most beautiful, IMO.

It really depends on the occasion though.

Dharmic, how do I know you're not going to suggest an outfit that makes me look like a ho?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    I like it light on the make up. Just some eye liner makes girls look really attractive for some reason. Has to do with that entire brain picks up big black eyes as cute and sexy for some reason. Other than that to much make up on the girl looks lame.
    Most men like no make up at all, or applied very lightly. Too much make up will make you look like a clown. Now of course there are exceptions to every rule. You can wear alot of make up if you have that IT factor, and move gracefully, and know how to wear clothes. Make up can be very very high fashion, but you have to know exactly what you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Dharmic, how do I know you're not going to suggest an outfit that makes me look like a ho?

Because, sweetheart, the last thing I want is for any woman to look like a torn down trailor park slut whore. I cant stand that. What I can do is give you advice as far as what not to wear, and how not to over accessorize, and how to wear your hair to give you that fierce diva look.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post

So you like racoon eyes?? Eeeww

Quote Originally Posted by DharmicLove View Post
    Because, sweetheart, the last thing I want is for any woman to look like a torn down trailor park slut whore. I cant stand that. What I can do is give you advice as far as what not to wear, and how not to over accessorize, and how to wear your hair to give you that fierce diva look.
    Ok, Anna Wintour. Maybe you should post some pics first so that we know you're qualified to advise us.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    oooh, i love this topic! i need to know your age, height, weight, breast size though. it all makes a huge difference. can you upload a picture?

Actually, Im a guy, a gay guy, but I am a known stylist.

What qualification do you have to give fashion advice, DharmicLove?

Being gay does not give you an adept understanding of aesthetics. I'm sorry, but it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    Ok, Anna Wintour. Maybe you should post some pics first so that we know you're qualified to advise us.
    uh oh!
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Darling, I love Anna Wintour. She's like the goddess in my eyes, but anywho, girl, just ask a question. The best I can do is post pics of examples of what not to do, and pics of what to do.

Dont make this hard. You're probably much worse off without my advice. Trust me, when it come to style, I know my shit.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast