+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Getting on a girl for her past relationships

Getting on a girl for her past relationships

Recently I've been hanging out with one of my female friends, and I've really gotten to like her a lot. Unfortunately she has a boyfriend, but I don't see that relationship lasting too long, so I'm just going to wait it out.

One thing I've noticed myself doing a lot recently is making fun of her for some past romantic interests, many of which are in the "embarrassing" category. Since I'm pretty good friends with her, I know a lot of this stuff, and I give her a hard time about it.

So my question is, am I being an idiot when I do this? I feel like bringing up past boys might be pushing me more into the friend zone even though she's not interested in them anymore, but since a lot of our joking around is very sexual, it's kind of confusing.

Any help would be appreciated

I don't think it's the topic of conversation that's pushing you into the friend zone, but the tone. Do you two do your nails together, too? Are you on the same menstrual cycle yet?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I don't think it's the topic of conversation that's pushing you into the friend zone, but the tone. Do you two do your nails together, too? Are you on the same menstrual cycle yet?
    Only if it's a two seat menstrualcycle.

Personally, I HATE it when past relationships are brought up. My man does it to remind me how lucky I am to have him, and it doesnt feel good. I dont think you should do that anymore...it is definitely keeping you in the friend zone and she might back off...and not want to be with you because of your knowledge of her past relationships. my man knows very little about my past relationships for this reason...i dont want him to think that stupid mistakes I made with them will be carried over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    It's really the opposite of that. The tone of it seems pretty suggestive, but I feel like getting on her about that is something that only buddies would do.

yep, she is going to resent you pretty soon. you are a goner.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by DanielPete View Post
    Hi,

Play with fire you would get burnt .. It's pretty simple

Hope you understood what i meant
    Yes, fire is hot. So is the Sun. Oh and car mufflers after the vehicle has been running. Oh, and the stove. Oh and penicillin can cure a burning sensation in your penis.

Hope you understood what I meant.

Why not just offer advice that doesn't come in a fortune-cookie format instead. Help us all out.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by DanielPete View Post

I dunno if there is a Character count needed to advice someone .. I would rather trust my wits to count the number of consonants and vowels needed to advice someone .......

Hope you understood what I meant.
    Yes, apparently you mean that you do not understand the difference between advise and advice. Not all advice is going to be upbeat, but I always advise people upon the path that I believe to be best suited for their situation.

I would advise providing helpful and useful feedback in a direct and forthcoming manner that does not require some sort of Confucian codex to decipher.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Be careful not to cross the line. If you are in the friend zone, stay there, by knowing your limits. If you piss her off apologize right away!. Then kiss her feet.