+ Follow This Topic

Thread: GO with my heart or head?

GO with my heart or head?

So here's the situation.

My ex and I broke up 4 months ago after going out for a year. However, we honestly stayed best friends almost afterwards - like no awkwardness, no hooking up, i went out and met people etc. No one could understand it. In fact, it was as if we never broke up (we just stopped getting intimate)

Anyway, like a month ago, we got "close" again and now i'm confused. He can't even figure out what we are. I think he wants to see what else is out there. So i want him to go do that. But while he does, i don't know whether i can stay friends with him because it hurts. Do i stay with him as friends and keep the relationship that we have knowing that i may never be with him as more than friends ever again? or should i save myself the trouble and walk away knowing that i would hurt less, but risk losing a friendship and a possible second chance?

Maybe the answer is obvious. What would you do?

who broke up with whom?

technically he broke up with me because he initiated, but we both knew it was going to happen - and so in a way, it was mutual.

he later admitted (last week) that initiating it was a rash decision. but he said no more after that.

get rid of him and find a guy that is into you.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Dont Keep It Hanging

it seems like your relationship is hanging.And thats not a good thing.you have to decide whether you wanna keep it or you have to part ways.then things will get clearer.if not this thing will drag and there can be lots of misunderstadings and broken hearts.
    so,dont keep it hangin girl.if he cant decide than you have to do it yourself.Whatever it is I wish you the best in your relationship and I hope you and him can work something out.

I say this with a lot of caution, but the fact that you stayed friends and its was mutual tells me that neither one of you really wanted to leave the other.

If you're still that close, maybe its worth sitting him down and laying it out. He could be keeping you close as a backup or he may still truly feel for you. You need to sit down and ask the hard questions or you will suffer on the sideline.

Ask, he will tell you how he feels. If he dances around the question or wont give you a straight answer, leave.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

thanks for the advice.

i'm ripping the band aid off quickly.

with your head better

Go with your head. Leave the heart for pumping blood to your head.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe