+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I wish I knew sometimes...

I wish I knew sometimes...

Where to begin? I've been seeing a girl for almost 6 months now that lives a few hundred miles from me, and when we first started talking, she was very open and really showed a lot of dedication and talked quite a bit, but after a few months she seemed to close down quite a bit. She started talking less and less, with shorter responses online, texts, not being able to talk on the phone as much because there was always something, etc. She would continually get texts on her phone and read them and write back when we were talking and that irritated me so I told her and that has almost all but stopped. When we are together, we do a lot together but when we are laying together it seems like I'm always the "girl" because I curl up with her not her with me like usual, and basically I was the only one calling her and stuff as well. So we had a little talk and I told her that it seemed like I was the only one doing all the work and stuff and that I don't want to do that, and that she doesn't seem that dedicated anymore and all that. I gave her a few days to figure things out and get back to me with what she wanted to do and where she wanted to go. So she decided to stick around, and I'm not too worried about anything because I trust her and I know she's not cheating or anything but her behavior does have me a little bit concerned. We've talked about this kind of stuff twice now counting the phone conversation, and I just really don't know what is going on here. This is really her first consistent relationship, so I chalk it up to that a lot as well. I guess my question lies with "what can I say or do to get her on track?" I just want her to focus on me, and our relationship. I'm really confused as to what is going on in her head, because she tells me she's all into me and stuff but it's tough when you seem like it's a one way street. So what can I do? I've really never had this happen to me before. It's not for her lack of wanting it, but I just don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by official View Post
    Where to begin? I've been seeing a girl for almost 6 months now that lives a few hundred miles from me, and when we first started talking, she was very open and really showed a lot of dedication and talked quite a bit, but after a few months she seemed to close down quite a bit. She started talking less and less, with shorter responses online, texts, not being able to talk on the phone as much because there was always something, etc. She would continually get texts on her phone and read them and write back when we were talking and that irritated me so I told her and that has almost all but stopped. When we are together, we do a lot together but when we are laying together it seems like I'm always the "girl" because I curl up with her not her with me like usual, and basically I was the only one calling her and stuff as well. So we had a little talk and I told her that it seemed like I was the only one doing all the work and stuff and that I don't want to do that, and that she doesn't seem that dedicated anymore and all that. I gave her a few days to figure things out and get back to me with what she wanted to do and where she wanted to go. So she decided to stick around, and I'm not too worried about anything because I trust her and I know she's not cheating or anything but her behavior does have me a little bit concerned. We've talked about this kind of stuff twice now counting the phone conversation, and I just really don't know what is going on here. This is really her first consistent relationship, so I chalk it up to that a lot as well. I guess my question lies with "what can I say or do to get her on track?" I just want her to focus on me, and our relationship. I'm really confused as to what is going on in her head, because she tells me she's all into me and stuff but it's tough when you seem like it's a one way street. So what can I do? I've really never had this happen to me before. It's not for her lack of wanting it, but I just don't know...
    Well, you can talk to her a bit about her body language and what it is saying to you as a person in a non-confrontational and constructive manner. Or, you can try to suppress your responses enough that she misses them and becomes affectionate towards you (passive-aggressive). Or you can keep it to yourself and be miserable.

Or you could learn that you have to accept the ways in which someone shows you that you love them, you cannot dictate to them how to do so.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Well out of the blue, breaks it off with me. I think she might be pregnant too. Do girls ever just use guys to get pregnant and then that's it? I get a bad feeling that this is all she wanted, and now that she got what she wanted, she's out.

Some do, but they're generally insane.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by official View Post
    Well out of the blue, breaks it off with me. I think she might be pregnant too. Do girls ever just use guys to get pregnant and then that's it? I get a bad feeling that this is all she wanted, and now that she got what she wanted, she's out.
    I'm ashamed to admit some of us do. I hate that kind of girl cause they make all of us look bad and not to be trusted.

Good luck with it all.