+ Follow This Topic

Thread: feels like the friendzone, but is there hope here???

feels like the friendzone, but is there hope here???

I met this girl online only last week.I'm 21 years old....So far we've gone out 4 times already....I've been to her house and met her parents as well...Me, I've never been in a relationship before, so its all so hard for me to read women and know what they are thinking...so do you think this girl has any real feelings for me, or does she just want a friend to hang out with????

some things that have happened...we haven't kissed or anything like that, but she's conservative and so am I, so there's no real rush to get physical necessarily...online she asked if I like her as more than a friend, and I told her yes, and she responded with kind of a half a yes, basically we're just getting to know each other, and she doesn't want to rush things....

we met on a dating site...she has told me that she is really happy to have met me, that i'm a great person, and that I'm different from all the other guys on the site, cause I don't just want to use her for sex, and that she went on that dating site to make friends....

I'm really shy as you might guess, I'm not good at flirting really, so its hard to open things up there, and get a feel for her feelings toward me....by gut feelings is she is still considering things, but that I'm headed for the friendzone...

What confuses me about her is that she tells me she has lots of friends, but this last week she has literally wanted to get together with me every single day...she wants to see me all the time! and we've been seeing each other almost every day...

we really get on well, and I really like her a lot, she's coming here to my house tonight, we'll play some games, or watch a movie...

.what can I do?? whats the best way to show my feelings for her, and to know if we will ever be more than friends????? she tells me she is shy too, might she be having a hard time expressing her feelings if she has them!???
    Last edited by Andrew21; 24-01-09 at 08:57 PM.

As much as I hate it when people give me this advice... there's really nothing left for you but to kiss her. You must! Have you kissed her cheek yet? After 4 dates, kissing is not considered overly physical.

If not, then start with that... if she's receptive, then add a third kiss to the mix and peck her on the lips.

Uhm, after 4 dates and still agreeing to make more she probably likes you and is interested in you. As for having feelings for her, it's probably a bit early to say she has any real emotional attachment to you.

On the other hand you've met her family which is generally a good sign for someone wanting to keep you around. Unless she's like 14 and still lives with them so you'd naturally meet them. At which point you should be shot, stabbed, drawn, quartered, oh and have your entrails pulled out and burned.

But who's paying attention?
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew21 View Post
    .what can I do??
    Do you like her? If you do, kissing her would be a good start
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~