+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Good news!

Good news!

I've been accepted into the state trooper academy! (pending a physical and eye exam this week) I must've done something good (or my luck is turning around for me) because I thought I botched the interviews. It starts July 4th so not alot of time to get ready and move out of my apartment and back to my parents. (i'll live at the academy 5 days a week and come home for the weekend most of the time)

Next week i'll give my 2 week notice at my current job. (which is where I live so I need all the time I can get to move out!) The academy is 26 weeks is along time but not as bad as another year of college. Only real negative is it's para-military style so you live in a barracks with a bunch of other people. I've done the ROTC thing so I know what to expect, but it's still a life changing event.

Everyone keep me in their prayers that I get through this and do my best. Thanks everybody!

(I posted this in the sex forum because I don't think i'll be having time for that now for a long time! Doh! But at least women like guys in uniform. Maybe i'll have an easier time meeting people after the training. I'm sure it won't make it any worse.) ;-)
    3 out of 2 people have problems with fractions.

That's freakin' awesome! Congrats! Hell of an honor man! Good luck and let us know the pushup/pullup/running horror stories at the end of the 26!

Alexi

If I wish you good luck you promise not to pull me over ? or arrest me ? LMAO

j/k

Great job man and good luck !!

It depends on what you got in your wallet at the time. Just kidding, but i've heard stories of bribes of everything from money to sex. Obviously in this day and age if I WAS that kind of person it would be difficult to get away with with speakers, recorders and cameras around you and the car. I suppose I could do alot of winking .... nah. I think the pros of that career will take care of the temptations that aren't worth it.

I guess a good way of putting the academy from what I hear is "The best 26 weeks I never want see again!" lol

I'm just worried about the cardio stuff. I'm a thin guy but I have asthma and allergies and I HOPE they don't give me crap about it. I mean, there's handicap and diabetic cops so why should that stop me? I can pass the 1 1/2 mile run (being exhausted afterwords) but at least I can pass it. I've heard that they work you up to maybe at the most 5 but at such a slow pace, it's laughable. We'll see. I've also heard stories of 30 mile marathons which I can't fathom at this point.

Only bad thing is if I decide to date or meet someone during weekend breaks, there's nowhere I can take her. "Sure come back to my folks place, they won't mind." Yeah right. I'm living in the barracks during the week, and at my parents to save money on the weekend. But I guess I should focus right now on career. I'll have time later in my life for sex hopefully! (since if I counted how much I ever had and then compare it to some people on this forum who might have started around 18 or so...i'd look like a nun!)
    3 out of 2 people have problems with fractions.

Hey Congrats Bono!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.