+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was he flirting with me?

Was he flirting with me?

Friends,

So this weekend I stayed busy with a group from my church - we were fixing up the home of a very deserving, down on their luck family. So Andy was there, and we don't know each other very well, he teaches one Sunday school class and I teach another. We attend different services. So while I know who he is - I don't really know him. However, this weekend often found us working side by side together. I think he's cute and very funny - but guys like that don't usually ask me out.

Anyway, we were painting in the kitchen and he made some smart alec comment so I raised my brush to his face like I was going to paint him - to which he responded "You aren't brave enough." So I left a stripe on his face. He said I wouldn't be brave enough to do anymore than that, and I didn't until the next day. I left a white handprint on his cheek and called him "Brave Heart" all day and he left it on there all day.

My Dad told me Andy was flirting with me - - what do you think?

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

well - that sounds a bit like me. So yeah - I'd say he was flirting.

Jules-he was flirting girl! He kept the paint on his face-how sweet!

Keep your little charms going!!!!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

You know I think I missed the day when they explained the rules of flirting. I always thought that painting on someone fell more into the rough housing catagory.

Color me clueless, as usual!

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

I would also say he was flirting. Im one of those "laugh alot guys" and that sounds like something I would do. Take the iniative and ask him out yourself, I know I wouldnt mind.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    playfulness is usually considering flirting between a guy and a girl. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

!!!update!!!

So since I am not going to see Andy until this weekend I sent over an eCard asking if he was still wearing his "war paint" and wishing him a happy Monday. He emailed me back last night and said that he actually wore his war paint into work on Monday!

Whoooo hoooooo!

Okay - what now?

Ask him out for coffee or lunch sometime.

!!!CLEARLY Confused!!!

It rained here so there was no option to hose Andy down, but he plays Piano for the Saturday service so I happened to sit towards the front and when he grabbed a seat - he sat down next to me. (Which told me that he had noticed me even though I hadn't gone out of my way to attract his attention!)

Well he kept clearing his throat and doing this quiet cough thing so I passed him my box of Altoid "Curiously Strong" mints. Needless to say I couldn't explain that it was for his cough - however he took one and then went back to his seat at the piano. All of a sudden I was struck by fear - what if he thought I was trying to indicate he had bad breath?!?!

After the service I waited around and spoke with him (explaining what the mints had been all about.) I helped him put his stuff in the supply room and then we started talking about our classes for the next morning. He said he wanted to buy some goodies and I asked if he had checked out Sam's - he said he didn't have a card. (Guess who does?) So we went to Sam's we spent a great deal of time wandering around the aisles and then they were closing so we ended up in the parking lot for about 40 minutes just talking.

However here is why I am confused - - - after we had been out there for 20 minutes he asked what I was doing this evening, and I told him "this is it." Well as the parking lot cleared out and the employees were leaving to go home. I asked him what he was doing for that evening and suddenly as though struck by lightening - he said he had to get home.

The next morning before class we were talking and after class I was waiting for him - he asked me if I wanted to walk with him to his car so he could put his stuff up. I said sure and we chatted happily along - however once we got to his car . . .he said he was going to the Church's other campus and he wished me a nice week.

Twice in one weekend, in less than 24 hours - he has left me completely baffled and utterly confused!

Any ideas what's going on?

shyness - another side effect of hunger - tell him to grab a snickers.

Instead of asking him what his plans are, next time ask him if he wants to see a movie. It looks like you will need to make the first move. If he likes you as much as you think he is probably just afraid of screwing things up. Don't give him the chance.

and buy him a snickers at the movies

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGalbreath
    shyness - another side effect of hunger - tell him to grab a snickers.

You are too funny

hehe yeah - I am in a good mood this week (read my 'Billy's mood of the week' thread in General Forum). Today, I dont know why, but I keep playing commercials in my head. So thats why I keep bringing them up in multiple posts...

from a girl point of view

From what i read it seen he really shy to make the first move. How old are you guys? I Know it seen scare go for it he may really make you happy be innocent about it at the same time flirt a bit and see if he flirt back look in he eyes see what u feel and try to read him...

QUOTE=jslaughter]It rained here so there was no option to hose Andy down, but he plays Piano for the Saturday service so I happened to sit towards the front and when he grabbed a seat - he sat down next to me. (Which told me that he had noticed me even though I hadn't gone out of my way to attract his attention!)

Well he kept clearing his throat and doing this quiet cough thing so I passed him my box of Altoid "Curiously Strong" mints. Needless to say I couldn't explain that it was for his cough - however he took one and then went back to his seat at the piano. All of a sudden I was struck by fear - what if he thought I was trying to indicate he had bad breath?!?!

After the service I waited around and spoke with him (explaining what the mints had been all about.) I helped him put his stuff in the supply room and then we started talking about our classes for the next morning. He said he wanted to buy some goodies and I asked if he had checked out Sam's - he said he didn't have a card. (Guess who does?) So we went to Sam's we spent a great deal of time wandering around the aisles and then they were closing so we ended up in the parking lot for about 40 minutes just talking.

However here is why I am confused - - - after we had been out there for 20 minutes he asked what I was doing this evening, and I told him "this is it." Well as the parking lot cleared out and the employees were leaving to go home. I asked him what he was doing for that evening and suddenly as though struck by lightening - he said he had to get home.

The next morning before class we were talking and after class I was waiting for him - he asked me if I wanted to walk with him to his car so he could put his stuff up. I said sure and we chatted happily along - however once we got to his car . . .he said he was going to the Church's other campus and he wished me a nice week.

Twice in one weekend, in less than 24 hours - he has left me completely baffled and utterly confused!

Any ideas what's going on?[/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast