+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The way I feel about banning users and posts

ROFL!!! Yea those two have the love/hate relationship going on!!!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Okay, thats it! If you people don't start shutting up right now, you're ALL going to get banned!
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

haha! i meant that on some other forums the mods are bitches like that. in HERE the mods do their job and make it interesting here.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Although I agree with Zekk about the distruption that people can have with the forum.. I see Killa view... this is a EOF... right? (Equal Opportunity Forum) .. we are here to help people and as mods its our responisability to keep .."order" not sensor..

Everyone has a right to their opinion.. noone is perfect by anymeans.. some may just have a better time being more vocal with foul langauge. I must say that there have been people we have banned in the past that have not just used foul language .. they were not respectful of others in the forum at all. Thats where I would draw the line.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

We can put up several warnings before banning the user.

I will be setting up a new sub-forum that the moderators will put up notice to warn any user that break any forum rules.

After three warnings, the user will be banned temporarily from the forum. Subsequent offence will have the user ban from the forum permanently.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Well I agree with Killa, this forum is for helping, venting, etc. However the people that come here with only one thing in mind, (example being Diesal) "spam and hatred", then no warnings except one and only one should be given. But as I've said in the mod forums, Loveadmin has come up with a great system that I think will work well with everyone.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

is this issue as big as it sounds?
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya
    Okay, thats it! If you people don't start shutting up right now, you're ALL going to get banned!
    *cracks up* You see? Don't ban users, riots and disputes and major fights are fun! Decadence and debauchery!
    I have it all. Including kino.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i believe that this forum might be privately owned, but it's like a library. it's free to the public. you can practically say anything you want in a library as long as you remain within the levels. sure, there are children yelling and couples do have their quarrels, but basically they rarely kick you out unless you're causing too much of a disruption. i feel that the prupose of the forums is getting help and what not, but there is also general discussion where people can vent and have opposiving view points. this is where the arguments start, however, it's the freedom of speech. people can call me anything they want because i take insults lightly, and as killer was saying, we can't really judge people by how they vent or how they respond to certain threads because it is only one aspect of their personality.

about banning users.. i'm not sure whether their ip address gets banned or is it just their sn?? suggestions anyone? raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Libraries are publicly owned, sweetheart.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

MVP 1
    Killa 0

Where have you been man? Nice to see you back MVP..

But I just wanna say one thing... Isnt it funny that when there are only a few people involved.. rules are not really needed.. but a get a huge group.. and BAM.. rules are neccessary, ... wow.. Social Studies was right.. A government is always needed.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah i know, that's why point. they allow practically everyone inside, yet there are few rules and limitations. you can pretty much get away with anyone as long as you don't disturb the people around you. but it is how people will take react to your actions. like me, i'm hardly ever offended so i could care less what people do. then there is the other extreme. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by jane
    But I just wanna say one thing... Isnt it funny that when there are only a few people involved.. rules are not really needed.. but a get a huge group.. and BAM.. rules are neccessary, ... wow.. Social Studies was right.. A government is always needed.
    I resent that notion. I think government should be outlawed. The more, the merrier. Twelvesomes rock (provided 11 are female).
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

ROFL.. Ah yes... fair Romeo speaks... lol
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

Quote Originally Posted by jane
    MVP 1
    Killa 0

Where have you been man? Nice to see you back MVP..
    *Flashes a deprecating smile*

Always on the man's side. You just can't withstand the tempting presence of a penis in a discussion?
    I have it all. Including kino.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12